• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Montana:
Brock>Dak and it's not even close

When dak actually wins against a good team, I'll give him props. Until then, he's just like jimmy. When he's good, he's good. When it isn't going well, hes ass. He was literally dumbfounded and lost when playing us.

i want to spank him again in the playoffs.

He's beaten some good teams. He's much better than Jimmy lmao. Jimmy sucks if u haven't been paying attention.

I think one of the reasons Jimmy did well with Kyle system was that his quick release and generally good accuracy in the short and medium range area - in the middle of the field. Now Jimmy in the Raider team, I don't think the Raider coaches really designed their offense around that. Hence Jimmy kind of regressed. The thing about Brock that's better than Jimmy is just the sheer accuracy that Brock has, and I think Brock also has as strong, if not a stronger arm than Jimmy. Add in the great processing and mobility and you have a Jimmy plus! Jimmy was already a NFCCG QB and a super bowl level QB, but Brock is simply *another level* above Jimmy at this point.

Brock is also more athletic and can proccess coverages quicker. He also isn't afraid to pull the trigger on the deep ball.

Agree, give Brock time in the pocket (preferably an average of 3 seconds ) and guys like Jauan and Bell to throw to, and he'll cook defenses 9 times out of 10 - as long as Kyle keeps that RB squad strong with CMC level athletes (like Elijah and Mason). I would have loved Saquon Barkley in Kyles offense but CMC, I think, is better.
Originally posted by Heroism:

we really got a modern day Marshall Faulk HOFer in his prime for a pupu platter of day 2 picks
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

we really got a modern day Marshall Faulk HOFer in his prime for a pupu platter of day 2 picks

I love how the OLine picked up those Eagle Stunts!
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Remember that poster who wanted Trey to start the first 8 games of the season so we could "fairly assess" what we got in him?

Haven't seen that guy around in a while.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
olsen talking about the exchange he had last night with sam darnold about purdy, starts at 4:56

I've been wondering when people were going to ask darnold about these kind of things, as well as what he's learned the most during his time here and being on this team.

Might have to draft a QB next year if Sam and Brandon don't come back.

I kinda hope darnold stays another year, but most likely we will have an entirely new qb room (depending on it brandon allen comes back). Idk how the team would feel with him as the second string guy.

might just depend on the opportunities available
to him. Making millions as a backup on a stacked team and great culture, is a pretty good gig. Better than getting destroyed every week on a bad team, bad organization, and bad press. Lol
I kinda hope darnold stays another year, but most likely we will have an entirely new qb room (depending on it brandon allen comes back). Idk how the team would feel with him as the second string guy.

to him. Making millions as a backup on a stacked team and great culture, is a pretty good gig. Better than getting destroyed every week on a bad team, bad organization, and bad press. Lol

Provided Brock stays healthy, we just don't have the same roster need for a fairly expensive piece of insurance at QB2. Draft a guy, sign a cheap backup… similar to how we planned around 2022, except we actually know we got the guy at QB1.

That said, obviously would welcome back the GEQBUS if he doesn't get a better offer.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Dec 4, 2023 at 12:06 PM ]

Somehow the GM/new owner of the panthers has traded away CMC for a bunch of mid round picks (and CMC has more touchdowns than the entire panthers this year), and got Bryce young for the low low cost of two #1 overall picks, several other picks, and DJ moore. Might be as bad or worse than what we did with Trey Lance. Lmao I guess at least young has played.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Provided Brock stays healthy, we just don't have the same roster need for a fairly expensive piece of insurance at QB2. Draft a guy, sign a cheap backup… similar to how we planned around 2022, except we actually know we got the guy at QB1.

That said, obviously would welcome back the GEQBUS if he doesn't get a better offer.

Yeah, I don't see us dropping $4-$5M for a backup after this year. Tight salary cap and bigger needs. So far Brock has been pretty durable outside of extreme things like getting his elbow ripped off.

i like darnold as a backup though. We will see how it works out. Let's just pray for Brock's health and this all becomes irrelevant. Lol

gonna get GEQBUS a super bowl ring though!
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Trey who?

MR. IRRELEVANT

Originally posted by Koldo:
Remember that poster who wanted Trey to start the first 8 games of the season so we could "fairly assess" what we got in him?

25 starts, to see who he is
let this be a lesson, NFL stands for not for long,
BP came into the league ready to play, he didn't ask for 25 sucky games to turn any corner, nor would that ever been given under any circumstance
teams can't afford to wait around that long

25 starts, to see who he is
let this be a lesson, NFL stands for not for long,
BP came into the league ready to play, he didn't ask for 25 sucky games to turn any corner, nor would that ever been given under any circumstance
teams can't afford to wait around that long

7th round QBs usually don't get 1 game to show anything. Lol have to take advantage of your opportunities.
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Trey who?

can you imagine not being able to get it done with this HC and weapons?
and of course the 'Trent let us down takes' from being handed an L by the worst team in football and it was everyone elses fault

This past offseason was full of clown takes. Glad Purdy exposed them for what they were lol

I believe he made an appearance during the 3 game skid.

Imagine hoping you're FQB remains injured so that the 3rd string QB can play

Share 49ersWebzone