Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
In the short-area of the field, I would argue that Jimmy is more accurate. But Purdy is just outperforming Jimmy in about every thing else, IMO.

All in all though, I think what's setting apart Brock Purdy from Jimmy and other QB's in this league isn't so much the accuracy... but the Anticipation.
Looking at everyone's film reviews on Youtube... Jonnydel... JT O'Sullivan... every one points out that Purdy's ANTICIPATION is his elite quality.

It's irrefutable. All you need to do is freeze the frame on videos and clearly see that he's winding up for the throw before receivers get out of their breaks. THAT is the area where he's set apart from other QB's.

Jimmy regularly threw balls behind guys or over guys. He got his players hurt all the time with hospital balls. His accuracy was an issue. Purdy's is elite.

When Purdy went over the top to CMC, it's not possible to throw a better ball than that

I think that was a choice route. Brock and CMC had to be on the same page. Not an easy throw at all.

It was a double move planned to exploit a LB on CMC. Defenses are so screwed when they play Cover1 Robber and it's either Kittle or CMC that is matched up against a LB. On that play, a safety was on Kittle, so a LB was on CMC. Good luck, LB.
in before someone says that fake move was an out route and that Purdy/cmc is going off script

omg let's not start that lol
we don't need Kyle !.. sorry that was the last one

Why would you start this again when you still haven't admitted being wrong about the TD to Aiyuk last week?
Just learned Brock's brother is the Nebraska QB. The force is strong in his family
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
I counted at least one could have been interception yesterday.

Turn your hat forward, a*****e!

Lol
  • thl408
Originally posted by Furlow:
In the short-area of the field, I would argue that Jimmy is more accurate. But Purdy is just outperforming Jimmy in about every thing else, IMO.

All in all though, I think what's setting apart Brock Purdy from Jimmy and other QB's in this league isn't so much the accuracy... but the Anticipation.
Looking at everyone's film reviews on Youtube... Jonnydel... JT O'Sullivan... every one points out that Purdy's ANTICIPATION is his elite quality.

It's irrefutable. All you need to do is freeze the frame on videos and clearly see that he's winding up for the throw before receivers get out of their breaks. THAT is the area where he's set apart from other QB's.

Jimmy regularly threw balls behind guys or over guys. He got his players hurt all the time with hospital balls. His accuracy was an issue. Purdy's is elite.

When Purdy went over the top to CMC, it's not possible to throw a better ball than that

I think that was a choice route. Brock and CMC had to be on the same page. Not an easy throw at all.

It was a double move planned to exploit a LB on CMC. Defenses are so screwed when they play Cover1 Robber and it's either Kittle or CMC that is matched up against a LB. On that play, a safety was on Kittle, so a LB was on CMC. Good luck, LB.
in before someone says that fake move was an out route and that Purdy/cmc is going off script

Why would you start this again when you still haven't admitted being wrong about the TD to Aiyuk last week?

Round 137. Fight!
Originally posted by Furlow:

Round 137. Fight!

He has a legit shot at MVP?
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Just learned Brock's brother is the Nebraska QB. The force is strong in his family

Take him in the 7th
So I was thinking about how during the 2021 draft season I was hoping we could somehow land Wilson. To my uneducated mind what I envisioned he would look like as a Niner is exactly what Brock actually is. It's wild how Wilson turned into a first round bust and Brock is a 7th round diamond. Goes to show how little difference there is between players in any given draft class, and in this case the superior talent was selected last. Whether a qb is graded a first rounder or a 7th is almost like splitting hairs when purely evaluating on physical assets. The great separator is what is between the ears
So I was thinking about how during the 2021 draft season I was hoping we could somehow land Wilson. To my uneducated mind what I envisioned he would look like as a Niner is exactly what Brock actually is. It's wild how Wilson turned into a first round bust and Brock is a 7th round diamond. Goes to show how little difference there is between players in any given draft class, and in this case the superior talent was selected last. Whether a qb is graded a first rounder or a 7th is almost like splitting hairs when purely evaluating on physical assets. The great separator is what is between the ears

Too much emphasis is put on physical tools and not enough known ways to evaluate the intangible tools, which are more important that major physical tools - as long as the physical tools are "good enough". At least in my opinion. Too many people get caught up in what's sexy and not what is actually good ball.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

You see this is why Brock isn't getting the MVP love he deserves. He's making these elite level throws that don't necessarily make highlight reels but are actually huge for keeping the train moving.

I was watching a video earlier tonight and someone made a really good point: people think that Brock has it easy only because he makes it look easy. He has really good weapons, but he is actually making them look better as well with his elite level accuracy and ball placement. People act like Aiyuk has always been this elite receiver. When it was Jimmy out there, BA didn't have his chance to shine. Even CMC/Kittle/Deebo had to fight harder to make catches and get YAC. Jennings was barely a guy that people thought was a decent third option. Insert Brock and all of the sudden we are the second coming of the greatest show on turf.

Sports media has become obsessed with WOW plays from QBs like crazy scrambles and a guy throwing a 70 yard bomb, but how often do those things happen for a QB in a game week to week? Brock is doing all of the things that are fundamental to playing the QB position at an elite level, week in and week out. There's no gimmick to his game, there is nothing really to figure out if you're an opposing defense. There isn't a physical flaw that can hold him back. He is him, plain and simple and if you want to beat him your offense also needs to come with it's A game.

Once he proves he has the clutch gene, there will be one QB he'll resemble: Tom Brady. Not so much in particular style, but in mastering all the things a QB is required to do.

Originally posted by tankle104:
Too much emphasis is put on physical tools and not enough known ways to evaluate the intangible tools, which are more important that major physical tools - as long as the physical tools are "good enough". At least in my opinion. Too many people get caught up in what's sexy and not what is actually good ball.

What kind of experience the player got also matters. Brock isn't this same player if he goes to TCU.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Possibly one of his best throws of the game. Again from the far hash. Will report as personal attack on Niner Faithfuls if post implied Brock has a weak arm.

Oops, phoenix already got this, didn't lurk until I posted lol

Please ask those people to unban me. It's been years man. Come on.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Trey who?

As much as Kyle got *unlucky* with Trey, he definitely made up the luck side with Purdy. You just don't find Hall of fame QB's in the first round every draft. Yes, you do find good QB's in the first round, but not generational talent like that level in the first through seventh rounds. The Purdy pick, I agree with Trent Williams, was a lotto pick that paid.

Where Kyle gets the credit is in not holding back in moving forward with Purdy once Purdy proved he could perform in regular season and playoff games. A lot of coaches (and GMs, so credit to Lynch, too) would be afraid to take the media heat in moving on from Lance for a QB like Purdy coming off an arm injury. But Shanalynch trusted how Purdy performed on the field, in practice, and in the classroom and didn't hesitate to move forward.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Take him in the 7th

Or if the 49ers go OLine in the 7th, then undrafted!
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 49ers81:
Trey who?

As much as Kyle got *unlucky* with Trey, he definitely made up the luck side with Purdy. You just don't find Hall of fame QB's in the first round every draft. Yes, you do find good QB's in the first round, but not generational talent like that level in the first through seventh rounds. The Purdy pick, I agree with Trent Williams, was a lotto pick that paid.

Where Kyle gets the credit is in not holding back in moving forward with Purdy once Purdy proved he could perform in regular season and playoff games. A lot of coaches (and GMs, so credit to Lynch, too) would be afraid to take the media heat in moving on from Lance for a QB like Purdy coming off an arm injury. But Shanalynch trusted how Purdy performed on the field, in practice, and in the classroom and didn't hesitate to move forward.

Major credit, he pivoted like a total champ, didn't get pot committed, simply moved on.. look at NYJ they could have moved on, saved their current season perhaps, but they didn't move on and we see what happens..
Share 49ersWebzone