There are 251 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Too much emphasis is put on physical tools and not enough known ways to evaluate the intangible tools, which are more important that major physical tools - as long as the physical tools are "good enough". At least in my opinion. Too many people get caught up in what's sexy and not what is actually good ball.

What kind of experience the player got also matters. Brock isn't this same player if he goes to TCU.

Of course. I mean you look at someone like Brock who has a plethora of tough experience. Being the under dog, less talented team, having to carry things. Figure things out.

most first round picks have barely ever played from behind in a game Or played in tight games. Played in game winning drives etc. all of those situations matter - you learn a lot about guy by how they perform AND how they respond to how they performed, for better or worse.

i don't think it's necessarily the amount of experience brock had but the type, similar to Russell Wilson - usually on an under dog team and had to play a pro style and get guys to play at an elevated level. A lot of gritty situations. Then they come into the nfl and it isn't much different than what they've been doing. They've been going through ups and downs, highs and lows of playing QBs.

a lot of these first round QBs have never really dealt with much adversity, most of their time playing has been nothing but success. Best roster, talent around them, coaching, schools etc. then they get to the league and slapped around, it's new to them.
Dolphins helped set all this in motion.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Mcdaniels, still kyles best assistant coach - coach that is still giving to us. Lol
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Just learned Brock's brother is the Nebraska QB. The force is strong in his family

Take him in the 7th

He sucks lol

Also isn't that a similar blitz thay jimmy got hurt on where Brock hit kittle with a beauty?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Of course. I mean you look at someone like Brock who has a plethora of tough experience. Being the under dog, less talented team, having to carry things. Figure things out.

most first round picks have barely ever played from behind in a game Or played in tight games. Played in game winning drives etc. all of those situations matter - you learn a lot about guy by how they perform AND how they respond to how they performed, for better or worse.

i don't think it's necessarily the amount of experience brock had but the type, similar to Russell Wilson - usually on an under dog team and had to play a pro style and get guys to play at an elevated level. A lot of gritty situations. Then they come into the nfl and it isn't much different than what they've been doing. They've been going through ups and downs, highs and lows of playing QBs.

a lot of these first round QBs have never really dealt with much adversity, most of their time playing has been nothing but success. Best roster, talent around them, coaching, schools etc. then they get to the league and slapped around, it's new to them.

There's a lot of truth to this. Its hard to determine how someone will deal with adversity when they rarely faced it. Meanwhile you have your Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, Pat Mahomes, Brock Purdy, Lamar Jackson, Big Ben, Tony Romo and others who were by far the best players on their respective teams. Teams that were often overmatched talent wise so if they were going to win games, that QB was going to have to play high end, largely mistake free football for it to happen. I think seeing QB's deal with that adversity and have success against the odds is just one more box to check ultimately.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Just learned Brock's brother is the Nebraska QB. The force is strong in his family

Take him in the 7th

He sucks lol

I can see him getting drafted higher than Brock. Maybe a higher 7th round pick by a team taking a flyer on him being perhaps 60% as good as Brock.

9ers Mo Lewis hitting Drew Bledsoe moment
Originally posted by Furlow:

Before last nights game it was at 45%.

There's a lot of truth to this. Its hard to determine how someone will deal with adversity when they rarely faced it. Meanwhile you have your Russell Wilson, Josh Allen, Pat Mahomes, Brock Purdy, Lamar Jackson, Big Ben, Tony Romo and others who were by far the best players on their respective teams. Teams that were often overmatched talent wise so if they were going to win games, that QB was going to have to play high end, largely mistake free football for it to happen. I think seeing QB's deal with that adversity and have success against the odds is just one more box to check ultimately.

You can throw Rodgers in there too. Obviously guys from big programs have become great too, but I think it's important to see how a guy deals with that stuff.

9ers Mo Lewis hitting Drew Bledsoe moment

What's funny is I bet a lot of dolphins fans were complaining sfter this game "they couldn't even stop a crappy 7th round rookie?!" Lmao
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Take him in the 7th

He sucks lol

What's funny is I bet a lot of dolphins fans were complaining sfter this game "they couldn't even stop a crappy 7th round rookie?!" Lmao

Wouldnt have blamed them. Whole forum thought the season was over.

It's one of the most incredible stories in the history of sports right now.

Wouldnt have blamed them. Whole forum thought the season was over.

It's one of the most incredible stories in the history of sports right now.

I remember telling myself, before the dolphins game (like week 5) - "We are effed if Jimmy goes down. Our backup is a f**kin 7th round rookie. Ridiculous". Lmao

the dolphins fans weren't wrong that day and neither was I to think that at the time - I'm just glad I was drastically proven wrong and this is one of the greatest stories in sports history - and it's still being told!
Share 49ersWebzone