There are 261 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Wouldnt have blamed them. Whole forum thought the season was over.

It's one of the most incredible stories in the history of sports right now.

He was solid against Miami, impressive for a 7th round rookie no doubt but nothing to where most weren't wondering how quickly Garoppolo would be back after the game. For me it was this play right before half time against Tampa where it seemed like he really could be the guy:

Kyle trusts this guy to just toss it up like that before the half when you were already in FG range and with a big lead?

same. it was this game that made me a believer. i thought our season was over once jimmy went down vs miami

Seen it this morning on Twitter. It's like looking at an older picture of your kid lol

I was a believer in Brock in the Miami game. No one comes in cold as a rookie backup and play like that if he doesn't have it. Brock has it.

I felt the exact same way after that MIA game and then it was solidified after the Bucs game. I started tracking his efficiency metrics throughout the rest of the season and they were off the chart. Brock is even better this season. The sky is truly the limit for him.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Dec 4, 2023 at 1:53 PM ]
same. it was this game that made me a believer. i thought our season was over once jimmy went down vs miami

The one play against the Bucs where he booted, made the free runner miss in open space, and then hit deebo to his right with a little flick throw… that was definitely one of the first handful of plays he made where it looked like we could have something, for me.
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Dec 4, 2023 at 1:55 PM ]
I love days like this where we're all talking about how bad ass our players are!

NFL Films always delivers superior dramatic effect.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I love days like this where we're all talking about how bad ass our players are!

Victory Monday sure is sweet
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

NFL Films always delivers superior dramatic effect.

It's a little much for me most of the time. You can make anything dramatic if you slow it down and play that music. Like me deciding if I'm going to round up for charity at the grocery store checkout.

our oline was ballin after the first two drives
I still wanna understand how things blew up so bad on the first two drives.... KS didnt go into detail
He was solid against Miami, impressive for a 7th round rookie no doubt but nothing to where most weren't wondering how quickly Garoppolo would be back after the game. For me it was this play right before half time against Tampa where it seemed like he really could be the guy:

Kyle trusts this guy to just toss it up like that before the half when you were already in FG range and with a big lead?

I remember feeling like the season was over when Jimmy went down and then being shocked at how competent Purdy appeared in the Miami game. TBH, I never gave much thought to who was third string at the beginning of the season and I knew nothing about him. Fred Warner made some extremely complementary comments about Purdy, something that was beyond just the clichés you usually hear in that situation. When he blew the doors off in the first half of the Tampa game and looked, for the most part, better than Jimmy, the fanbase fell in love with him.

Purdy couldn't have performed like he did coming in late last year had he not put a lot of work in behind the scenes. He immediately had a command of the offense and it showed. How many guys in that situation look utterly lost? Is it because of a talent deficiency or because they didn't put the work in? Everything in Purdy's game indicates a superior anticipation which comes from relentless preparation.
Let's take a moment and consider what the GOAT has to say about Purdy and Co. (spoiler alert...it's aging well)

Can Purdy take them all the way?
How would Joe like to play for this Niner team

our oline was ballin after the first two drives

Outstanding. Always give props when deserved!
Originally posted by Montana:

Victory Monday sure is sweet

How is hangover Monday?

lol
Leading MVP candidate now
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Rightfully so. No QB is having a better season than him. GTFO with Hurts and Dak, Hurts been a turnover machine and Dak played a season of cupcakes
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

Rightfully so. No QB is having a better season than him. GTFO with Hurts and Dak, Hurts been a turnover machine and Dak played a season of cupcakes

CJ Stroud is going to be in the picture if he keeps this up. 3,500 pass yds, 20 td, 5int.
Share 49ersWebzone