There are 242 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Leading MVP candidate now

Rightfully so. No QB is having a better season than him. GTFO with Hurts and Dak, Hurts been a turnover machine and Dak played a season of cupcakes

CJ Stroud is going to be in the picture if he keeps this up. 3,500 pass yds, 20 td, 5int.

Yeah he is in it. Suprised he is not in the top 5 of odds right now. But one thing about the Texans is their schedule has been kind of a joke. It will be hard for him to get it as a rookie. Even if he can improve some of the #s outside of being #1 in yards.

Rightfully so. No QB is having a better season than him. GTFO with Hurts and Dak, Hurts been a turnover machine and Dak played a season of cupcakes

CJ Stroud is going to be in the picture if he keeps this up. 3,500 pass yds, 20 td, 5int.

If stroud is his competition, he's a lock. I like and respect stroud but no way he loses out to him if we lock up the 1 seed.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mankster:
Let's take a moment and consider what the GOAT has to say about Purdy and Co. (spoiler alert...it's aging well)

Can Purdy take them all the way?
How would Joe like to play for this Niner team

The REAL Goat!

Tom's Great! but I think Brock can be Tom 2.0 if a good portion of things break Brock's way.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

CJ Stroud is a system QB.

But think about it, it's pretty much based on Kyle's offensive system with Bobby being Kyle's former passing game coordinator.
Originally posted by tankle104:

If stroud is his competition, he's a lock. I like and respect stroud but no way he loses out to him if we lock up the 1 seed.
No man, Stroud can win it. It's based on where you were picked in the draft.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I love days like this where we're all talking about how bad ass our players are!

Victory Monday sure is sweet

Better than:
Testy Tuesday
Whack-ass argument Wednesday
Throw me off a bridge Thursday
f**k my corpse Friday
Seventh circle of hell Saturday
and
Game Day Sunday
Originally posted by Alfienator:

On the other side of that coin, he's a lock for OROY which might lessen the incentive to consider him for MVP.

He has a real case IMO, but it was also stronger two weeks ago. He has multiple game winning drives and has played phenomenal for a team nobody expected to be good. Just lost Tank Dell for the season… which will hurt.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Alfienator:

On the other side of that coin, he's a lock for OROY which might lessen the incentive to consider him for MVP.

He has a real case IMO, but it was also stronger two weeks ago. He has multiple game winning drives and has played phenomenal for a team nobody expected to be good. Just lost Tank Dell for the season… which will hurt.
Yeah, I agree with him winning OROY.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Let's take a moment and consider what the GOAT has to say about Purdy and Co. (spoiler alert...it's aging well)

The REAL Goat!

Tom's Great! but I think Brock can be Tom 2.0 if a good portion of things break Brock's way.

The reason Joe is ahead of Brady IMO was just his clutch in the big games. Brady may have won more Super Bowls, but Joe never lost one. Never even threw a pick in one, which I don't know that anyone will ever match.
Trey, Zach Wilson, and Mac jones are all third string QBs. Fields is on his way to being moved (potentially). Lol what a disaster of a draft. Lmao

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SLCNiner:

The REAL Goat!

The reason Joe is ahead of Brady IMO was just his clutch in the big games. Brady may have won more Super Bowls, but Joe never lost one. Never even threw a pick in one, which I don't know that anyone will ever match.

Tom's a great QB, no question, but what is the deciding factor for me between Tom and Joe is that Joe doesn't have deflate gate and film gate in his Hall of Fame resume. In addition to all that you said about no interceptions and no super bowl losses. yes Tom has won more super bowl games than Joe, but he's (like you said) has lost more super bowl games than Joe.
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dolphins helped set all this in motion.

Jimmy's injuries have almost always been a blessing in disguise for this franchise.

Special shout out to Mike McGlinchy. He gave up the pressure that forced Jimmy to roll left (vs KC), bust an ACL, in comes Bosa. Then here McG allowed his guy to bust up Jimmy's ankle, in comes Brock. McG, you the real MVP.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Trey, Zach Wilson, and Mac jones are all third string QBs. Fields is on his way to being moved (potentially). Lol what a disaster of a draft. Lmao

I still have some hope that Trey will get his chance and become a good QB.
Tom's a great QB, no question, but what is the deciding factor for me between Tom and Joe is that Joe doesn't have deflate gate and film gate in his Hall of Fame resume. In addition to all that you said about no interceptions and no super bowl losses. yes Tom has won more super bowl games than Joe, but he's (like you said) has lost more super bowl games than Joe.

Never understood or agreed with the idea that losing before the Super Bowl is a factor that would count for you in any kind of comparison, team or player.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Special shout out to Mike McGlinchy. He gave up the pressure that forced Jimmy to roll left, bust an ACL, in comes Bosa. Then here McG allowed his guy to bust up Jimmy's ankle, in comes Brock. McG, you the real MVP.

Ouch! I didn't see that. Wow.
Share 49ersWebzone