There are 237 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dolphins helped set all this in motion.

Jimmy's injuries have almost always been a blessing in disguise for this franchise.

Special shout out to Mike McGlinchy. He gave up the pressure that forced Jimmy to roll left, bust an ACL, in comes Bosa. Then here McG allowed his guy to bust up Jimmy's ankle, in comes Brock. McG, you the real MVP.

#bookendtackle
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Tom's a great QB, no question, but what is the deciding factor for me between Tom and Joe is that Joe doesn't have deflate gate and film gate in his Hall of Fame resume. In addition to all that you said about no interceptions and no super bowl losses. yes Tom has won more super bowl games than Joe, but he's (like you said) has lost more super bowl games than Joe.

Never understood or agreed with the idea that losing before the Super Bowl is a factor that would count for you in any kind of comparison, team or player.

Like I said, Joe never lost a super bowl or threw an interception in one. But the biggest for me is film gate and deflate gate. I just don't trust Tom's super bowl wins as truly legitimate in a lot of ways because of those NFL rules violation issues that Tom was involved in.
Originally posted by thl408:
Special shout out to Mike McGlinchy. He gave up the pressure that forced Jimmy to roll left (vs KC), bust an ACL, in comes Bosa. Then here McG allowed his guy to bust up Jimmy's ankle, in comes Brock. McG, you the real MVP.

Hes also helping Russ get flattened on a weekly basis which just makes me smile.

Like I said, Joe never lost a super bowl or threw an interception in one. But the biggest for me is film gate and deflate gate. I just don't trust Tom's super bowl wins as truly legitimate in a lot of ways because of those NFL rules violation issues that Tom was involved in.

Joe lost games before the Super Bowl is what I was responding to. He was 'perfect' in the big game at least in part because the AFC was vastly inferior for at least the 2nd half of his four wins. That's not a knock or anything… my point is that playing in 10 Super Bowls and losing some is better than playing in 4, winning them all, but losing 6 other times short of the game.

As far as the cheating scandals… I love trolling Pats fans about it but they were both overblown in terms of what actually happened and definitely in what most casual fans think happened. Still have people believing the Pats filmed walkthroughs, lol.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

Nice. The Eagles fan base is having a nervous breakdown.
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by Mankster:
Let's take a moment and consider what the GOAT has to say about Purdy and Co. (spoiler alert...it's aging well)

Can Purdy take them all the way?
How would Joe like to play for this Niner team

The REAL Goat!

Tom's Great! but I think Brock can be Tom 2.0 if a good portion of things break Brock's way.

The reason Joe is ahead of Brady IMO was just his clutch in the big games. Brady may have won more Super Bowls, but Joe never lost one. Never even threw a pick in one, which I don't know that anyone will ever match.

Tom's a great QB, no question, but what is the deciding factor for me between Tom and Joe is that Joe doesn't have deflate gate and film gate in his Hall of Fame resume. In addition to all that you said about no interceptions and no super bowl losses. yes Tom has won more super bowl games than Joe, but he's (like you said) has lost more super bowl games than Joe.

The no losses is a solid argument. If win% is a QB stat, you cannot do any better than 100%. Brady didn't even get to 4 wins before losing 1.
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by NCommand:
I love days like this where we're all talking about how bad ass our players are!

Victory Monday sure is sweet

Better than:
Testy Tuesday
Whack-ass argument Wednesday
Throw me off a bridge Thursday
f**k my corpse Friday
Seventh circle of hell Saturday
and
Game Day Sunday

lol

More like Testicle Tuesday
Originally posted by Mankster:
Let's take a moment and consider what the GOAT has to say about Purdy and Co. (spoiler alert...it's aging well)

Can Purdy take them all the way?
How would Joe like to play for this Niner team

The REAL Goat!

Tom's Great! but I think Brock can be Tom 2.0 if a good portion of things break Brock's way.

As a comparison, I like Montana more than Brady as a comp for Brock. The calm processing that Purdy has is what Montana had from the beginning.

Being on the West Coast, I didn't see many of Brady's early games so I can't say authoritatively that Brady had Brock's processing speed from the beginning, but I did see Montana as he developed and he had what Purdy has. Consequently, for me, the only comp between Brady and Brock is the late draft pick. Otherwise, this is a San Francisco story.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Joe lost games before the Super Bowl is what I was responding to. He was 'perfect' in the big game at least in part because the AFC was vastly inferior for at least the 2nd half of his four wins. That's not a knock or anything… my point is that playing in 10 Super Bowls and losing some is better than playing in 4, winning them all, but losing 6 other times short of the game.

As far as the cheating scandals… I love trolling Pats fans about it but they were both overblown in terms of what actually happened and definitely in what most casual fans think happened. Still have people believing the Pats filmed walkthroughs, lol.
The problem I have with those rules violations is they were caught. So how many times were they violating the rules and *not caught?* Remember those were *two* violations, how many other rules/cheating violations they were *never* caught?

Tom's lost games prior to playing in the super bowl too. so what.

Originally posted by Young2Rice:
How is hangover Monday?

lol

Umm lol it's been interesting and not in a fun way haha. It was a fun time though, while it lasted haha.
Originally posted by dj43:
As a comparison, I like Montana more than Brady as a comp for Brock. The calm processing that Purdy has is what Montana had from the beginning.

Being on the West Coast, I didn't see many of Brady's early games so I can't say authoritatively that Brady had Brock's processing speed from the beginning, but I did see Montana as he developed and he had what Purdy has. Consequently, for me, the only comp between Brady and Brock is the late draft pick. Otherwise, this is a San Francisco story.

Just the overall size, mobility, and arm strength is much more comparable between Brock and Montana. Brady has prototypical height and is a statue.

this wasnt from the eagles game...fred wore all black. i think this is from seattle

They should know that Kohl's slogan is.."Expect great things."

Nice. The Eagles fan base is having a nervous breakdown.

This Fan Base is catching up to the Cowmaggots and Seacocks fan base, slowly but surely.
Share 49ersWebzone