There are 224 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by dj43:

I get Doogie Howser, QB; vibes here
Originally posted by Montana:
I like that BP isn't all into fashion statements. Looks like a dude you can have a beer with at the local country club and shoot some pool with lol.

he could wear kilts for all i care
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Geek was a lame take.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Thanks for posting. Wasn't looking forward to sifting through the rest of the show, lol.

Dude opened with saying Brock Purdy in his $75 outfit from Kohls walked in philly and stuck his massive balls in their face.
Originally posted by Crown:

Geek was a lame take.

He's our little geek though.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Dude opened with saying Brock Purdy in his $75 outfit from Kohls walked in philly and stuck his massive balls in their face.

The balls comment was definitely funny given the change of venue for their show…
Originally posted by Crown:

Geek was a lame take.

Yep.

I loved seeing BP sitting on the bench with that huge smile on his face just reveling in what he and the team had just accomplished. That smile was just so genuine and it lasted for quite a while. Maybe he still has it on his face, IDK.
[ Edited by dj43 on Dec 4, 2023 at 4:43 PM ]
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Originally posted by Heroism:

Purdy thinks soo much about Football, he doesn't have time to think about his Outfit. The same as Einstein.

its the amazon basic luggage comment that kills me
8 of 11, 3rd down conversion with going 0- 2 the first 2 drives. So Brock was 8 of 9 the rest of the way
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
8 of 11, 3rd down conversion with going 0- 2 the first 2 drives. So Brock was 8 of 9 the rest of the way

3rd and jauan converted like 3

Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Agreed. I got the impression from Jonnydel's Eagles preview that a QB like Josh Allen... he misses reads and opportunities, which he overcomes with his physical attributes and playmaking ability. And people fall in love with that.

Meanwhile, Purdy, more often than not, makes the right read and then throws the ball with top-level anticipation. He executes the play as it SHOULD be executed.

yes

very drew brees like with better athleticism

Coming back to this one cause he's not at ALL anything like Drew Brees, but we have to find a comparison right?

I feel like Rex Ryan hit the nail on the head today,....and he said it much earlier in the season as well.

But when you take all of his traits and put them on the same table,....he resembles Joe Montana more than anyone else at this point.

Joe Montana Shares His Biggest Weakness

"I don't think I threw the ball, like, deep along the sidelines as well as I threw it deep down the middle or anywhere else," Joe Montana told CBS Sports Network's Jim Rome on Wednesday's "The Jim Rome Show" at Super Bowl LVII Radio Row.

"I think that was probably the biggest weakness I had, trying to get the ball up fast enough. My arm strength was I had really good arm strength, but I didn't have great arm strength. So if Jerry [Rice] got a free release or [John Taylor], I had hurry up, getting the ball out of my hand, he did not run me."
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Purdy thinks soo much about Football, he doesn't have time to think about his Outfit. The same as Einstein.

He's on a budget til the 5 year $400m kicks in
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

Payless Shoe Source and TJ Maxx irregular backpacks
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Agreed. I got the impression from Jonnydel's Eagles preview that a QB like Josh Allen... he misses reads and opportunities, which he overcomes with his physical attributes and playmaking ability. And people fall in love with that.

Meanwhile, Purdy, more often than not, makes the right read and then throws the ball with top-level anticipation. He executes the play as it SHOULD be executed.

yes

very drew brees like with better athleticism

Coming back to this one cause he's not at ALL anything like Drew Brees, but we have to find a comparison right?

I feel like Rex Ryan hit the nail on the head today,....and he said it much earlier in the season as well.

But when you take all of his traits and put them on the same table,....he resembles Joe Montana more than anyone else at this point.

Joe Montana Shares His Biggest Weakness

"I don't think I threw the ball, like, deep along the sidelines as well as I threw it deep down the middle or anywhere else," Joe Montana told CBS Sports Network's Jim Rome on Wednesday's "The Jim Rome Show" at Super Bowl LVII Radio Row.

"I think that was probably the biggest weakness I had, trying to get the ball up fast enough. My arm strength was I had really good arm strength, but I didn't have great arm strength. So if Jerry [Rice] got a free release or [John Taylor], I had hurry up, getting the ball out of my hand, he did not run me."

i see similarities to joe, but closer to brees and romo
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Dec 4, 2023 at 4:50 PM ]
Brock is completing 72.9% of his passes on 3rd down while converting on 47.9% of them with 6 TD's, 0 INT's and a 132.4 passer rating. 6 TD's on 48 attempts is a 12.5% TD rate.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Dec 4, 2023 at 4:53 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone