There are 208 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
8 of 11, 3rd down conversion with going 0- 2 the first 2 drives. So Brock was 8 of 9 the rest of the way

3rd and jauan converted like 3

its does help that the Eagles are almost last in getting 3rd down stops.
MVP front runner
Originally posted by Montana:
I like that BP isn't all into fashion statements. Looks like a dude you can have a beer with at the local country club and shoot some pool with lol.

he could wear kilts for all i care

"You could drape yourself in velvet for all I care". Lolol

[ Edited by Montana on Dec 4, 2023 at 4:59 PM ]
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
8 of 11, 3rd down conversion with going 0- 2 the first 2 drives. So Brock was 8 of 9 the rest of the way

3rd and jauan converted like 3

its does help that the Eagles are almost last in getting 3rd down stops.

Our defense looking like the Eagles defense on 3rd downs that first 2 scoring drives. So deflating to have 3rd & long being converted
Originally posted by random49er:
Coming back to this one cause he's not at ALL anything like Drew Brees, but we have to find a comparison right?

I feel like Rex Ryan hit the nail on the head today,....and he said it much earlier in the season as well.

But when you take all of his traits and put them on the same table,....he resembles Joe Montana more than anyone else at this point.

Joe Montana Shares His Biggest Weakness

"I don't think I threw the ball, like, deep along the sidelines as well as I threw it deep down the middle or anywhere else," Joe Montana told CBS Sports Network's Jim Rome on Wednesday's "The Jim Rome Show" at Super Bowl LVII Radio Row.

"I think that was probably the biggest weakness I had, trying to get the ball up fast enough. My arm strength was I had really good arm strength, but I didn't have great arm strength. So if Jerry [Rice] got a free release or [John Taylor], I had hurry up, getting the ball out of my hand, he did not run me."

IIRC, Drew Brees said that Purdy reminded him of himself in that he had to learn to match his skills and physical package to what he saw in the game. Purdy also commented that he watched a lot of Brees films because he saw the similarity in size and processing. (from an Athletic article I believe.)
Our defense looking like the Eagles defense on 3rd downs that first 2 scoring drives. So deflating to have 3rd & long being converted

That 3rd and 19 conversion on the screen to Smith was something…

Can't win them all though. Overall another really good defensive performance.
Originally posted by dj43:
IIRC, Drew Brees said that Purdy reminded him of himself in that he had to learn to match his skills and physical package to what he saw in the game. Purdy also commented that he watched a lot of Brees films because he saw the similarity in size and processing. (from an Athletic article I believe.)

their heights, not elite arms, pinpoint accuracy..but the main difference is purdy can scramble really well
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by random49er:
Coming back to this one cause he's not at ALL anything like Drew Brees, but we have to find a comparison right?

I feel like Rex Ryan hit the nail on the head today,....and he said it much earlier in the season as well.

But when you take all of his traits and put them on the same table,....he resembles Joe Montana more than anyone else at this point.

Joe Montana Shares His Biggest Weakness

"I don't think I threw the ball, like, deep along the sidelines as well as I threw it deep down the middle or anywhere else," Joe Montana told CBS Sports Network's Jim Rome on Wednesday's "The Jim Rome Show" at Super Bowl LVII Radio Row.

"I think that was probably the biggest weakness I had, trying to get the ball up fast enough. My arm strength was I had really good arm strength, but I didn't have great arm strength. So if Jerry [Rice] got a free release or [John Taylor], I had hurry up, getting the ball out of my hand, he did not run me."

This
[ Edited by Montana on Dec 4, 2023 at 5:02 PM ]
their heights, not elite arms, pinpoint accuracy..but the main difference is purdy can scramble really well

And his high level efficiency works outdoors on grass, lol.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

That 3rd and 19 conversion on the screen to Smith was something…

Can't win them all though. Overall another really good defensive performance.

we had it stopped, just poor tackling technique.

Yea it was bad.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Yea it was bad.

I think two tacklers came in from opposite directions and knocked each other off of #6. Bad technique and a weird situation.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
i see similarities to joe, but closer to brees and romo
I like the Brees arm comparison and the Joe Montana mobility comparison. I just think Brock's arm is stronger than Montana's. Here is an old scouting article - evaluating Joe's arm as a 6 out of 9 (1 being lowest). Brees arm I think is stronger than Montana's. Brock's arm, to me, is more similar to Brees than Montana. However, the mobility is very comparable to Joe and Brock.

[Joe Montana]When the 1979 draft was approaching and the Cotton Bowl glow had worn off, the NFL scouts got together and started putting down numbers for Montana. One combine gave him a grade of 6½ with 9 being the top of the scale and 1 the bottom. Washington State's Jack Thompson got the highest grade among the quarterbacks—8. Montana's arm was rated a 6, or average. "He can thread the needle," the report said, "but usually goes with his primary receiver and forces the ball to him even when he's in a crowd. He's a gutty, gambling, cocky type. Doesn't have great tools but could eventually start."
https://vault.si.com/vault/1990/08/06/born-to-be-a-quarterback-schooled-in-the-fundamentals-from-the-time-he-could-walk-joe-montana-showed-early-that-he-was-a-gifted-passer-and-football-fans-from-monongahela-to-san-francisco-have-marveled-at-his-abilities-ever-since
      The New Orleans Saints' Drew Brees comes in at No. 4 in the power rankings with a very strong arm that sometimes looks bionic because of how many times a game he rips it at great distances. Brees' career was once in question as his arm was hanging from his shoulder, which also makes his arm strength impressive.
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1266536-power-ranking-the-arm-strength-of-all-32-nfl-starting-qbs
I like that BP isn't all into fashion statements. Looks like a dude you can have a beer with at the local country club and shoot some pool with lol.

he could wear kilts for all i care

"You could drape yourself in velvet for all I care". Lolol

I used to hate Seinfeld so much, then I started watching it on Comedy Central, love it now, so much I bought it off iTunes the complete series. Great show.
Can't wait for us to win the super bowl and see dope videos of kittle saying "I'll be back. I'll be back with a mofkn vengeance"…. Then it shows clips of Brock dropping dimes to kittle scoring. It'll be a beautiful thing
Share 49ersWebzone