There are 204 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Our defense looking like the Eagles defense on 3rd downs that first 2 scoring drives. So deflating to have 3rd & long being converted

That 3rd and 19 conversion on the screen to Smith was something…

Can't win them all though. Overall another really good defensive performance.

we had it stopped, just poor tackling technique.

We missed a ton of tackles in the first quarter.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Can't wait for us to win the super bowl and see dope videos of kittle saying "I'll be back. I'll be back with a mofkn vengeance"…. Then it shows clips of Brock dropping dimes to kittle scoring. It'll be a beautiful thing

With the 'been a lot of weird situations in San francisco' voiceover work by Himmy G.
Originally posted by dj43:
IIRC, Drew Brees said that Purdy reminded him of himself in that he had to learn to match his skills and physical package to what he saw in the game. Purdy also commented that he watched a lot of Brees films because he saw the similarity in size and processing. (from an Athletic article I believe.)

I mean who else would Drew Brees pick in today's NFL if he had to? They're both short and right @ over 6ft tall @ the QB spot.

Purdy I can see him watching Drew Brees' game,...he's way too young to have watched Montana.

They can compliment each other back and forth,...that's fine. But IMO they're not at all alike. Subtract all of the "clutch" stuff we have yet to see from him that we got from Montana,...and his traits and style of play matches up very well to Purdy's traits and style of play.

[ Edited by random49er on Dec 4, 2023 at 5:54 PM ]
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by dj43:
IIRC, Drew Brees said that Purdy reminded him of himself in that he had to learn to match his skills and physical package to what he saw in the game. Purdy also commented that he watched a lot of Brees films because he saw the similarity in size and processing. (from an Athletic article I believe.)

I mean who else would Drew Brees pick in today's NFL if he had to? They're both short and right @ over 6ft tall @ the QB spot.

Purdy I can see him watching Drew Brees' game,...he's way too young to have watched Montana.

They can compliment each other back and forth,...that's fine. But IMO they're not at all alike. Subtract all of the "clutch" stuff we have yet to see from Montana,...and his traits and style of play matches up very well to Purdy's traits and style of play.
Purdy is a Marino fan.. i'm sure he has watched JM ruin their last shot at a SB
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Can't wait for us to win the super bowl and see dope videos of kittle saying "I'll be back. I'll be back with a mofkn vengeance"…. Then it shows clips of Brock dropping dimes to kittle scoring. It'll be a beautiful thing

With the 'been a lot of weird situations in San francisco' voiceover work by Himmy G.

LMAO that would be great.

I wonder if he currently describes his current situation as "weird" lmao.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Dec 4, 2023 at 5:30 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Brock is completing 72.9% of his passes on 3rd down while converting on 47.9% of them with 6 TD's, 0 INT's and a 132.4 passer rating. 6 TD's on 48 attempts is a 12.5% TD rate.

Those stat numbers are unreal.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Brock is completing 72.9% of his passes on 3rd down while converting on 47.9% of them with 6 TD's, 0 INT's and a 132.4 passer rating. 6 TD's on 48 attempts is a 12.5% TD rate.

not good enough for nick wright

respect that they didn't make excuses - just gave credit where credits was due. That's good journalism. Or whatever the hell it's called thay they do. Commentary? Lol

YACbro always coming through with the awesome stats/spank bank material. Lol

Crazy ass stats though. I seriously can't stop reading about our team. Lol
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I used to hate Seinfeld so much, then I started watching it on Comedy Central, love it now, so much I bought it off iTunes the complete series. Great show.

Yeah I hated it too, very much..however, it warmed up on me slowly way after the show ended lol

One might think that 48 3rd down pass attempts in 12 games is low and you'd be correct. But Brock is converting a first down at a rate of 42% on 1st and 2nd down. 75% of Brock passes are on 1st and 2nd down.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Dec 4, 2023 at 5:41 PM ]

respect that they didn't make excuses - just gave credit where credits was due. That's good journalism. Or whatever the hell it's called thay they do. Commentary? Lol

joy and shady can ead, they're annoying as hell

I have no idea how I would be able to handle the 9ers going to the SB in Vegas. I mean, man. And I thought the Stanley Cup Final was awesome. I just cannot imagine
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
I used to hate Seinfeld so much, then I started watching it on Comedy Central, love it now, so much I bought it off iTunes the complete series. Great show.

Yeah I hated it too, very much..however, it warmed up on me slowly way after the show ended lol

Nah I was an old child young teenager when those episodes were airing and they were awesome! It wasn't friends or big bang theory good, more tier 2 😂
"Glock Purdy" -Richard Sherman
I LOVE IT
Share 49ersWebzone