There are 210 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
This whole thing is gold. Currently reading through all the quotes:

Honestly it's pretty crazy how much Curry and Purdy are perceived early in their career. Not a lot of fans respected Steph cause of his unassuming looks until they realized how much of a cool blooded killer he actually is. Brock is starting to do the same. Of course he gotta win a ring, but I've never felt so confident in a 49er qb in my life. Keep in mind I started watching football around the time Alex Smith got drafted....
I'm watching JT's latest vid and I'm actually really impressed with the Oline play. they did a really good job, theyre improving.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
As JTO says… if you know you know

Trade him for Browining, NOW:

Already laughing at the intro lol. Good stuff
Brilliant intro.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Honestly it's pretty crazy how much Curry and Purdy are perceived early in their career. Not a lot of fans respected Steph cause of his unassuming looks until they realized how much of a cool blooded killer he actually is. Brock is starting to do the same. Of course he gotta win a ring, but I've never felt so confident in a 49er qb in my life. Keep in mind I started watching football around the time Alex Smith got drafted....

I too started watching during the Nolan years and have never seen a 49er QB like Purdy. Its exciting.
Originally posted by 1251alex:

I too started watching during the Nolan years and have never seen a 49er QB like Purdy. Its exciting.

Yeah, I started watching 49ers ball around 2004. Got heavy into following it when we drafted Alex smith and studied our teams history like a maniac.

You know our generation are real ass fans because we've only seen like 6 winning seasons in our lives and 2 super bowls, 0 wins. lol

WE ARE DYING FOR ELITE QB PLAY AND SUPERBOWLS!
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
This whole thing is gold. Currently reading through all the quotes:

He doesn't make enough money to be spending a ton of money on clothes. We'll see how he's dressed when he's getting $70 million a year in a few years.

Hopefully he chooses rings over insane money. He'll be wealthy even if he takes a below market contract.

sometime I forget how Hurts V Purdy has been intense since college. lol if you watch the final play where brock threw the pick (different camera angles than in this video) - it was actually a dime and hit his guy in the chest, but he lets the DB rip it out and its called a pick. bummer - insane game. He was super clutch in this game, especially against a WAY better team with exponentially more talent. if it wasn't for brock, they had no business being in that game.
Hopefully he chooses rings over insane money. He'll be wealthy even if he takes a below market contract.

Brock will take less than he can get to help out the team. I guarantee it.

Save this post - I know that is what he is going to do. it'll be a super good deal for the team to keep a badass team around him, and probably guarantee him a lot. Less overall a year but high guarantees and heavily structured to help the niners salary cap.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Yeah, I started watching 49ers ball around 2004. Got heavy into following it when we drafted Alex smith and studied our teams history like a maniac.

You know our generation are real ass fans because we've only seen like 6 winning seasons in our lives and 2 super bowls, 0 wins. lol

I became a fan toward the end of Steve's career, so I missed out on live watching the glory years. But... of course like most 49er fans I read, bought copies of games, and obsessed enough to know. So, while I saw some of him live, I've still had way more years of mediocrity and ass at QB. This is a great time.

What Purdy is the MVP fave? Where the heck are Lance and Jimmy G?

Brock will take less than he can get to help out the team. I guarantee it.

Save this post - I know that is what he is going to do. it'll be a super good deal for the team to keep a badass team around him, and probably guarantee him a lot. Less overall a year but high guarantees and heavily structured to help the niners salary cap.

https://memes.getyarn.io/yarn-clip/6b9158b3-9d82-45f2-9545-c0616cdee373

There was a time where we were looking forward to watching 49er football with Troy Smith as our QB. Purdy feels like a legitimate franchise QB. Going into game excited and not nervous to watch my qb play is such a new feeling.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
In the short-area of the field, I would argue that Jimmy is more accurate. But Purdy is just outperforming Jimmy in about every thing else, IMO.

All in all though, I think what's setting apart Brock Purdy from Jimmy and other QB's in this league isn't so much the accuracy... but the Anticipation.
Looking at everyone's film reviews on Youtube... Jonnydel... JT O'Sullivan... every one points out that Purdy's ANTICIPATION is his elite quality.

It's irrefutable. All you need to do is freeze the frame on videos and clearly see that he's winding up for the throw before receivers get out of their breaks. THAT is the area where he's set apart from other QB's.

Jimmy regularly threw balls behind guys or over guys. He got his players hurt all the time with hospital balls. His accuracy was an issue. Purdy's is elite.

When Purdy went over the top to CMC, it's not possible to throw a better ball than that

I think that was a choice route. Brock and CMC had to be on the same page. Not an easy throw at all.

it was a out and up variation, like a wheel but he paused slightly in the flat before turning up

It's a basic concept. CMC is running a "rail" route. It's a deep outside go starting from the RB spot. We've run it with Juice, Kittle, Hasty, Deebo.

You run a basic route outside(in route at 12-14 yards) against a matching outside zone paired with the rail route and get a player matched up on a curl/flat player having to match a vertical. If the webzone made it easier to post pictures from my phone or comp I'd post the play-art.

There was a time where we were looking forward to watching 49er football with Troy Smith as our QB. Purdy feels like a legitimate franchise QB. Going into game excited and not nervous to watch my qb play is such a new feeling.

remember nate davis? "we want Carr!". Shaun Hill. JT Osullivan. Kap (Good and bad). etc etc. it's been rough.

At least Jimmy was a decent QB, I think thats why so many of us liked him - he was way better than anything we've seen in decades.

Brock is amazing and elite. It's seriously the most fun I've ever had watching 49ers game.
Share 49ersWebzone