There are 250 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:

im not a Stephen a fan but he is a Philly fan. So this is cool

He's a Steelers fan but doesn't normally show us too much love so it was cool.
Originally posted by ritz126:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Honestly it's pretty crazy how much Curry and Purdy are perceived early in their career. Not a lot of fans respected Steph cause of his unassuming looks until they realized how much of a cool blooded killer he actually is. Brock is starting to do the same. Of course he gotta win a ring, but I've never felt so confident in a 49er qb in my life. Keep in mind I started watching football around the time Alex Smith got drafted....

I too started watching during the Nolan years and have never seen a 49er QB like Purdy. Its exciting.

Yeah, I started watching 49ers ball around 2004. Got heavy into following it when we drafted Alex smith and studied our teams history like a maniac.

You know our generation are real ass fans because we've only seen like 6 winning seasons in our lives and 2 super bowls, 0 wins. lol

WE ARE DYING FOR ELITE QB PLAY AND SUPERBOWLS!

There was a time where we were looking forward to watching 49er football with Troy Smith as our QB. Purdy feels like a legitimate franchise QB. Going into game excited and not nervous to watch my qb play is such a new feeling.

remember nate davis? "we want Carr!". Shaun Hill. JT Osullivan. Kap (Good and bad). etc etc. it's been rough.

At least Jimmy was a decent QB, I think thats why so many of us liked him - he was way better than anything we've seen in decades.

Brock is amazing and elite. It's seriously the most fun I've ever had watching 49ers game.

the biggest reason is coaching. Before harbugh no QB had a chance. I think Alex would've killed it in this system

But i agree its really nice not worrying about Qb play its been forever not worrying about it

Agree with the coaching !
Erickson, Chip Kelly, Coach "suit" Nowin, Iron Mike, Jimmy Rae, Jimmy T, that O coordinator who was a high school announcer prior. We were pitiful for a long while.
Brock, stock and two smoking barrels
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Last years NFC Championship Game is what it is. I'm kind of over it now that the Eagles got Wooped by the 49ers this weekend. I'll still think once and a while about "what ifs" but I do that with the missed three-peat and the roger craig fumble also. To me what's important is getting that #6 🏆 This team reminds me a bit of that dominant Almost Three-Peat team that won two super bowls in a row. We Shall see how this team does, but I just hope their health holds out, that's the Shanahan Kryptonite right there. Health.
I don't know if anyone has talked about this but, as far as MVP goes, how can you not see that Brock should be in the conversation because, based on this game alone, no Brock, a loss. With Brock, a win
Originally posted by NinerTy:
I don't know if anyone has talked about this but, as far as MVP goes, how can you not see that Brock should be in the conversation because, based on this game alone, no Brock, a loss. With Brock, a win

If you took any of the great players we have and replaced them with a league average player at their position, where would it hurt the most?
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Dec 4, 2023 at 11:21 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerTy:

he was awesome, most of his passes had great ball placement for YAC to be possible, aside from a couple misses
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Dec 5, 2023 at 12:10 AM ]
Originally posted by Giedi:

Last years NFC Championship Game is what it is. I'm kind of over it now that the Eagles got Wooped by the 49ers this weekend. I'll still think once and a while about "what ifs" but I do that with the missed three-peat and the roger craig fumble also. To me what's important is getting that #6 🏆 This team reminds me a bit of that dominant Almost Three-Peat team that won two super bowls in a row. We Shall see how this team does, but I just hope their health holds out, that's the Shanahan Kryptonite right there. Health.

we're gonna win it al this year, no team comes close to matching us

i thought philly would be our toughest test but their linebackers, corners and safeties are trash
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Dec 5, 2023 at 12:12 AM ]
the biggest reason is coaching. Before harbugh no QB had a chance. I think Alex would've killed it in this system

But i agree its really nice not worrying about Qb play its been forever not worrying about it

LOL
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

i thought philly would be our toughest test but their linebackers, corners and safeties are trash

With the way Dak has been playing and with McCarthy now employing plays right outta SF and MIA playbook getting more creative with his play calling I expect DAL to meet us in The NFCCG. I also expect PHI to play better if they end up facing us again but I agree that we should be favored over all in the NFC

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

LOL

Alex was NOT aggressive in looking to make plays as Brock has been. Alex would NOT have forced defenses to cover every blade of glass as Brock has done. Alex was solid and serviceable but he was no Brock. Brock is putting up Montana like statistics this far

LOL

Tee hee
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

LOL

Love Alex, but he was not an anticipatory thrower at all. People really don't understand how rare it is what Purdy is doing.
Originally posted by Giedi:

I feel injuries are the only thing standing in our way.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

With the way Dak has been playing and with McCarthy now employing plays right outta SF and MIA playbook getting more creative with his play calling I expect DAL to meet us in The NFCCG. I also expect PHI to play better if they end up facing us again but I agree that we should be favored over all in the NFC

Yeah, I think it's a coin flip on if we play the cowboys or Philly. I just hope we get the first round bye.

the cowboys have a good D. But Dak usually struggles against our defense. Eagles don't have a very good overall D but a tougher offense to stop.

i expect either of them to be a much tougher matchup. Especially in the playoffs.

Even though we dominated the cowboys, we are a much better defense than when we played them in week 5 (or whenever it was).

if we play our game, no reason we shouldn't win it all but so much can happen between now and then.
Share 49ersWebzone