There are 261 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Furlow:
Love Alex, but he was not an anticipatory thrower at all. People really don't understand how rare it is what Purdy is doing.

Always drove me crazy how Alex needed to see his guys essentially wide open for him to make the pass.

anyways, who cares. This is a debate without end because we don't know how he would do. Brock is awesome and his anticipation is second to none. It takes a level of trust and confidence that few QBs have, especially so young.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Dec 5, 2023 at 4:12 AM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Love Alex, but he was not an anticipatory thrower at all. People really don't understand how rare it is what Purdy is doing.

Always drove me crazy how Alex needed to see his guys essentially wide open for him to make the pass.

anyways, who cares. This is a debate without end because we don't know how he would do. Brock is awesome and his anticipation is second to none. It takes a level of trust and confidence that few QBs have, especially so young.

a very key reason to keep targets on the field that the ball will not "bounce" of off. That is exactly what happened to Bo Nix at Auburn, too many passes got tipped up from "dropped" passes
Yeah, I think it's a coin flip on if we play the cowboys or Philly. I just hope we get the first round bye.

the cowboys have a good D. But Dak usually struggles against our defense. Eagles don't have a very good overall D but a tougher offense to stop.

i expect either of them to be a much tougher matchup. Especially in the playoffs.

Even though we dominated the cowboys, we are a much better defense than when we played them in week 5 (or whenever it was).

if we play our game, no reason we shouldn't win it all but so much can happen between now and then.

Yea. As to the injury concerns some posters have voiced I say to that we have had our share of injuries over the last decade and now we are due for a healthy playoff run. This is shaping up to where we can win out and have the first round bye and bring home the chip. We just have to stay focused on one game at a time and if things shake our way we could finish the season on a happy note
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Yeah, I think it's a coin flip on if we play the cowboys or Philly. I just hope we get the first round bye.

the cowboys have a good D. But Dak usually struggles against our defense. Eagles don't have a very good overall D but a tougher offense to stop.

i expect either of them to be a much tougher matchup. Especially in the playoffs.

Even though we dominated the cowboys, we are a much better defense than when we played them in week 5 (or whenever it was).

if we play our game, no reason we shouldn't win it all but so much can happen between now and then.

Yea. As to the injury concerns some posters have voiced I say to that we have had our share of injuries over the last decade and now we are due for a healthy playoff run. This is shaping up to where we can win out and have the first round bye and bring home the chip. We just have to stay focused on one game at a time and if things shake our way we could finish the season on a happy note

I agree, we've been so ridiculously unlucky injury wise - that it should even out. We've been historically unlucky injury wise. So, hopefully we continue to have a healthy (relatively speaking) year. Finish strong and focused.

if we do that, I think we can win it all. I really feel like the past experiences of heart break and a lot of our guys being vets now - makes it easier for them to stay dialed in and eye on the prize. This really feels like it should be our year. I'm optimistic!
I LOVE BROCK PURDY!
For anyone that missed it, since we've been so amped up cause of the win.

Darnold said that Brock is the best processor he's EVER seen and/or been around. Said it's incredible how well he processes and moves through progressions/makes decisions. He also wasn't asked - he willingly shared that. that's pretty damn cool to hear. I know Darnold hasn't been around a bunch of HOF guys but he's a pro and was a top notch college qb.
We've beat Dallas, Seattle, Philly, and Jags by 103 points combined - those are all winning teams and some of the top teams in the league (except seattle).
I just noticed that yesterday was the Brock Purdy Anniversary of when he first went in agains the Dolphins (Week 13 - Dec 4 2022).
We've beat Dallas, Seattle, Philly, and Jags by 103 points combined - those are all winning teams and some of the top teams in the league (except seattle).

We are the only team in the NFC with 4 wins against teams above .500.

Darnold said that Brock is the best processor he's EVER seen and/or been around. Said it's incredible how well he processes and moves through progressions/makes decisions. He also wasn't asked - he willingly shared that. that's pretty damn cool to hear. I know Darnold hasn't been around a bunch of HOF guys but he's a pro and was a top notch college qb.

Never too late to learn. I saw some good drives from Darnold when he was with the Jets. Then he would turn into a pumpkin at other times. Let's go Darnold

Originally posted by ritz126:
the biggest reason is coaching. Before harbugh no QB had a chance. I think Alex would've killed it in this system

But i agree its really nice not worrying about Qb play its been forever not worrying about it

No. He would throw it underneath unless the deep options are wide ass open. As a result, we would miss a bunch of big play opportunities.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Kinda wild that if we weren't injured (and just not playing well) - we could have 2-3 more wins against .500+ teams.

Any least we show up against good teams, in a HUGE way.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Never too late to learn. I saw some good drives from Darnold when he was with the Jets. Then he would turn into a pumpkin at other times. Let's go Darnold

Darnold reminds me a lot of Alex smith, not necessarily their play style - but a really good guy and very talented, just shafted but poor organization/team and coaching.

I think he can have a resurgence like Alex did. Just needs the right situation. Coming here will probably end up being one of the best things he's ever done.

dude is extremely talented, just mentally fractured from all the BS he's been through. Not saying he isn't guilty at all, but he def hasn't had anything to truly help him.

give him Andy Reid and those chiefs (not this years chiefs lol) and I'd bet we see something similar to what we did with Alex.

the rams would be a great spot for him if they move off of stsfford
[ Edited by tankle104 on Dec 5, 2023 at 7:03 AM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:

2 wins against .500 teams too. Only 3 bad team wins so far.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by Giedi:

im not a Stephen a fan but he is a Philly fan. So this is cool

Last years NFC Championship Game is what it is. I'm kind of over it now that the Eagles got Wooped by the 49ers this weekend. I'll still think once and a while about "what ifs" but I do that with the missed three-peat and the roger craig fumble also. To me what's important is getting that #6 🏆 This team reminds me a bit of that dominant Almost Three-Peat team that won two super bowls in a row. We Shall see how this team does, but I just hope their health holds out, that's the Shanahan Kryptonite right there. Health.

we're gonna win it al this year, no team comes close to matching us

i thought philly would be our toughest test but their linebackers, corners and safeties are trash

Feels like it. But just knocking on wood considering past history on this team. I want to see how the OLine does against Baltimore, but so far 🏹🏹🏹 for the OLine. They are decently healthy - Burford is a bit banged up, so is Armstead. Hope to see Ray Ray back soon. Health will always be a major concern, but I like the depth on O and D Lines this year.
Share 49ersWebzone