There are 264 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We are the only team in the NFC with 4 wins against teams above .500.

2 wins against .500 teams too. Only 3 bad team wins so far.

It's all been awesome but we should real it in a bit. Odds are we go to Philly again and odds are they will be a bit stronger. A lot of football left. Stay humble and close the Cry Eagles Cry thread. That game is long in the rear view mirror now. Next up Seattle.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
For anyone that missed it, since we've been so amped up cause of the win.

Darnold said that Brock is the best processor he's EVER seen and/or been around. Said it's incredible how well he processes and moves through progressions/makes decisions. He also wasn't asked - he willingly shared that. that's pretty damn cool to hear. I know Darnold hasn't been around a bunch of HOF guys but he's a pro and was a top notch college qb.

I agree with Darnold.

I'll just add, that he has above average arm, insane anticipation and accuracy. I didn't see 40+ points being put up on a 10-1 team. That surprised the heck out of me.
  • thl408
Originally posted by 9erson3:

It's all been awesome but we should real it in a bit. Odds are we go to Philly again and odds are they will be a bit stronger. A lot of football left. Stay humble and close the Cry Eagles Cry thread. That game is long in the rear view mirror now. Next up Seattle.

Why are you addressing us as if we play for the 49ers?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by ritz126:
the biggest reason is coaching. Before harbugh no QB had a chance. I think Alex would've killed it in this system

But i agree its really nice not worrying about Qb play its been forever not worrying about it

No. He would throw it underneath unless the deep options are wide ass open. As a result, we would miss a bunch of big play opportunities.

Agree, there was a reason Andy drafted Mahomes.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 9erson3:

Why are you addressing us as if we play for the 49ers?

WE are all a part of the team. Let's goooooooooooooo
Originally posted by Giedi:
For anyone that missed it, since we've been so amped up cause of the win.

Darnold said that Brock is the best processor he's EVER seen and/or been around. Said it's incredible how well he processes and moves through progressions/makes decisions. He also wasn't asked - he willingly shared that. that's pretty damn cool to hear. I know Darnold hasn't been around a bunch of HOF guys but he's a pro and was a top notch college qb.

I agree with Darnold.

I'll just add, that he has above average arm, insane anticipation and accuracy. I didn't see 40+ points being put up on a 10-1 team. That surprised the heck out of me.

I was HOPING for a 40 burger but truthfully I was expecting more a 34-17 game. I had a really good sense that we would beat them convincingly. We match up great with them, our defense is playing lights out, and our guys were motivated and focused.

last time they were healthy, motivated, and focused - we destroyed another team top team, cowboys. I also think the eagles are overrated. I said it all week, they're a really good team but not as good as their record. They weren't beating teams the previous three weeks, they were stealing them and getting outplayed. They deserve credit for being clutch enough to pull them off but they SHOULD of lost them all, the other teams just beat themselves.

thay kind of luck doesn't work against us cause we typically don't turn the ball over. It's also why the rain worried me.
Nick Wright is basically Grant Cohn at this point.

This team is starting to feel like the BW Joe Cool glory days... a team that wins and is filled with pro bowlers that have been elevated to star status. Only thing missing is a swaggin owner who likes to party, but I'll take what we got and enjoy the ride.
Darnold reminds me a lot of Alex smith, not necessarily their play style - but a really good guy and very talented, just shafted but poor organization/team and coaching.

I think he can have a resurgence like Alex did. Just needs the right situation.

@ the pro level....what talents of his stick out the most to you?
I just noticed that yesterday was the Brock Purdy Anniversary of when he first went in agains the Dolphins (Week 13 - Dec 4 2022).

Anyone remember his first play though?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vtvDUo-Cd-o

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

He's grant but with a wig.
Originally posted by mattster03:
I just noticed that yesterday was the Brock Purdy Anniversary of when he first went in agains the Dolphins (Week 13 - Dec 4 2022).

Anyone remember his first play though?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vtvDUo-Cd-o

He did it on purpose to make the D think he was clueless. I blame mason. lmao

Brock Purdy is single-handedly destroying Nick Wright's entire career and credibility and I am here for it. The Warriors started it. Now Purdy is going to finish it.
[ Edited by Fanaticofnfl on Dec 5, 2023 at 8:29 AM ]

I feel like a good counter point would be, hey look at the difference in score between last year's NFCCG and this year's matchup with the Eagles... Purdy is the difference, and that makes him a legitimate MVP. Bang bang!
[ Edited by mattster03 on Dec 5, 2023 at 8:31 AM ]
He's grant but with a wig.

Severus Snape really doesn't like him some Niners QBs. He thinks Brock is essentially Jimmy (maybe a bit more).
Share 49ersWebzone