QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • thl408
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
We are the only team in the NFC with 4 wins against teams above .500.

2 wins against .500 teams too. Only 3 bad team wins so far.

It's all been awesome but we should real it in a bit. Odds are we go to Philly again and odds are they will be a bit stronger. A lot of football left. Stay humble and close the Cry Eagles Cry thread. That game is long in the rear view mirror now. Next up Seattle.

Why are you addressing us as if we play for the 49ers?

WE are all a part of the team. Let's goooooooooooooo

Hey you heard 9erson. We need to calm down and get ready for Seattle. Let's focus on what we need to do to prepare for the Seahawks game.

For example, I need to refill my beer shelf and get more chips and salsa.
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Nick Wright is basically Grant Cohn at this point.

Brock Purdy is single-handedly destroying Nick Wright's entire career and credibility and I am here for it. The Warriors started it. Now Purdy is going to finish it.

Are you kidding? The level of engagement has probably never been higher. He'll likely get a raise.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by tankle104:
He's grant but with a wig.

Severus Snape really doesn't like him some Niners QBs. He thinks Brock is essentially Jimmy (maybe a bit more).

Snape or Hans Gruber?
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

It's all been awesome but we should real it in a bit. Odds are we go to Philly again and odds are they will be a bit stronger. A lot of football left. Stay humble and close the Cry Eagles Cry thread. That game is long in the rear view mirror now. Next up Seattle.

Hey you heard 9erson. We need to calm down and get ready for Seattle. Let's focus on what we need to do to prepare for the Seahawks game.

Lol. Maybe it's a former player thing? I swear on game days I get all of the same emotions as when I played. OBVIOUSLY it's not the same, but as far as the emotions of the game it's close. Fans just don't have to wake up the next day like they got in a car accident.
Through 17 games Purdy is 14-3 as a starter. Here are his numbers:

69.7 percent completion rate
4,283 passing yards
34 touchdown passes
8 interceptions
9.4 yards per attempt
116.9 passer rating

brocks stats in his first full year would nearly be record 49ers passing stats or top 2-3, if not 1. incredible.

Brock Purdy stats in 1st 17 regular season starts (usatoday.com)
[ Edited by tankle104 on Dec 5, 2023 at 8:49 AM ]
Brock Purdy is single-handedly destroying Nick Wright's entire career and credibility and I am here for it. The Warriors started it. Now Purdy is going to finish it.

The problem I have with his argument is not so much that he's hard on Purdy. I can understand that to some degree.

The issue is all last year he had the 9ers playing the Chiefs in the SB on the strength of Trey Lance and what Kyle would get out of him. Yet somehow this year Brock was such a concern when it was the same damn team. He's just so hung up on the draft status thing that it's not possible in his mind that Brock is actually just really freaking good.

The problem I have with his argument is not so much that he's hard on Purdy. I can understand that to some degree.

The issue is all last year he had the 9ers playing the Chiefs in the SB on the strength of Trey Lance and what Kyle would get out of him. Yet somehow this year Brock was such a concern when it was the same damn team. He's just so hung up on the draft status thing that it's not possible in his mind that Brock is actually just really freaking good.

The biggest problem with his argument is that he thinks Dak should be the MVP instead, but all of the arguments against Brock being the MVP should apply even more so to Dak.

That said, these analysts aren't trying to put together quality takes, they're trying to increase engagement and views and the 49ers and Cowboys have large fan bases.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

I would agree with Nick that Deebo was probably the "best player" for the Niners (hell the entire game), but that's not what "most valuable" means. If you replaced a player with the league average at their position, how would the team fare? Well we lost Purdy last season against the Eagles and saw what happened, so that's A LOT of value. If Deebo goes down, it's not even in the same universe in terms of drop off. That's why it's become a QB award (and deservedly so). It is simply very difficult to win games without excellent QB play.
Through 17 games Purdy is 14-3 as a starter. Here are his numbers:

69.7 percent completion rate
4,283 passing yards
34 touchdown passes
8 interceptions
9.4 yards per attempt
116.9 passer rating

brocks stats in his first full year would nearly be record 49ers passing stats or top 2-3, if not 1. incredible.

Brock Purdy stats in 1st 17 regular season starts (usatoday.com)

It would be cool to see a side by side comparison of Brock's first 17 starts with that of Montana, Marino, Brady, Manning, Rodgers and Brees.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
The biggest problem with his argument is that he thinks Dak should be the MVP instead, but all of the arguments against Brock being the MVP should apply even more so to Dak.

That said, these analysts aren't trying to put together quality takes, they're trying to increase engagement and views and the 49ers and Cowboys have large fan bases.

Right. Also true. He's all in on his Cowboys prediction so it's an offshoot of that.

Listen to the guys who breakdown the film not the talking heads. Much like on this forum, the guys who claim to know the most know the least. The guys that present arguments with data and film are the ones to always listen to.

Originally posted by NinerBuff:
He's grant but with a wig.

Severus Snape really doesn't like him some Niners QBs. He thinks Brock is essentially Jimmy (maybe a bit more).

Alex Rollins also thought (still thinks?) Purdy and Jimmy are the same QB.
I think one thing's for sure, purdy making the pro bowl at the very least.

I would agree with Nick that Deebo was probably the "best player" for the Niners (hell the entire game), but that's not what "most valuable" means. If you replaced a player with the league average at their position, how would the team fare? Well we lost Purdy last season against the Eagles and saw what happened, so that's A LOT of value. If Deebo goes down, it's not even in the same universe in terms of drop off. That's why it's become a QB award (and deservedly so). It is simply very difficult to win games without excellent QB play.

Yes. Deebo was awesome against the eagles. But without Brock's clutch throws outside the numbers on 3rd down, those big Deebo plays might not have even happened.
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
I think one thing's for sure, purdy making the pro bowl at the very least.

Making... but not playing in.
  • thl408

Lol. Maybe it's a former player thing? I swear on game days I get all of the same emotions as when I played. OBVIOUSLY it's not the same, but as far as the emotions of the game it's close. Fans just don't have to wake up the next day like they got in a car accident.

Emotions are fine. 9erson was talking about how we can't dwell on the PHI game anymore and need to move on to Seattle. Why can't we as fans enjoy the PHI game some more days? I don't have to gameplan for Seattle.
Share 49ersWebzone