There are 244 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Nick Wright is basically Grant Cohn at this point.

I would agree with Nick that Deebo was probably the "best player" for the Niners (hell the entire game), but that's not what "most valuable" means. If you replaced a player with the league average at their position, how would the team fare? Well we lost Purdy last season against the Eagles and saw what happened, so that's A LOT of value. If Deebo goes down, it's not even in the same universe in terms of drop off. That's why it's become a QB award (and deservedly so). It is simply very difficult to win games without excellent QB play.

Yes. Deebo was awesome against the eagles. But without Brock's clutch throws outside the numbers on 3rd down, those big Deebo plays might not have even happened.

Purdy is also looking defenders off to create passing lanes and space for YAC, so he makes everyone's job easier. The fade route to CMC is a great example, he was wide open. But that's because Purdy looked off the safety and then threw the pass when CMC was facing the sideline. The defender had no chance. To a casual observer, it does look effortless from Purdy. But there is so much happening in his brain and with his feet/eyes to make it look that way.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
We are the only team in the NFC with 4 wins against teams above .500.

2 wins against .500 teams too. Only 3 bad team wins so far.

It's all been awesome but we should real it in a bit. Odds are we go to Philly again and odds are they will be a bit stronger. A lot of football left. Stay humble and close the Cry Eagles Cry thread. That game is long in the rear view mirror now. Next up Seattle.

Why are you addressing us as if we play for the 49ers?

WE are all a part of the team. Let's goooooooooooooo

Hey you heard 9erson. We need to calm down and get ready for Seattle. Let's focus on what we need to do to prepare for the Seahawks game.

For example, I need to refill my beer shelf and get more chips and salsa.

And that's why we play the game.

Not even Grant Cohen is this bad.

It feels like Nick has a personnel grudge against Purdy even being discussed as a possible MVP. I don't get why he can't even accept him as someone who has a legitimate shot at getting it.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

It's all been awesome but we should real it in a bit. Odds are we go to Philly again and odds are they will be a bit stronger. A lot of football left. Stay humble and close the Cry Eagles Cry thread. That game is long in the rear view mirror now. Next up Seattle.

Hey you heard 9erson. We need to calm down and get ready for Seattle. Let's focus on what we need to do to prepare for the Seahawks game.

Lol. Maybe it's a former player thing? I swear on game days I get all of the same emotions as when I played. OBVIOUSLY it's not the same, but as far as the emotions of the game it's close. Fans just don't have to wake up the next day like they got in a car accident.

Emotions are fine. 9erson was talking about how we can't dwell on the PHI game anymore and need to move on to Seattle. Why can't we as fans enjoy the PHI game some more days? I don't have to gameplan for Seattle.

It's an energy thing. If the fans start celebrating for too long and getting complacent, they carry that to the next game. Maybe don't cheer with as much urgency, which rubs off on the players. Players talk about the energy from the fans all the time, it matters.

I get it this is just a forum and no one on the Niners is reading this. But collectively our fan base absolutely matters and has influence.

https://www.widerightnattylite.com/2020/12/17/22177600/offensive-player-to-watch-vs-oklahoma-brock-purdy
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
thl - check this out. Very cool perspective on the influence that fans have.

Originally posted by tankle104:
Through 17 games Purdy is 14-3 as a starter. Here are his numbers:

69.7 percent completion rate
4,283 passing yards
34 touchdown passes
8 interceptions
9.4 yards per attempt
116.9 passer rating

brocks stats in his first full year would nearly be record 49ers passing stats or top 2-3, if not 1. incredible.

Brock Purdy stats in 1st 17 regular season starts (usatoday.com)

It would be cool to see a side by side comparison of Brock's first 17 starts with that of Montana, Marino, Brady, Manning, Rodgers and Brees.

The article I linked actually did a stat catagory on the best Individiual 49ers seasons ranks. He's at the top of almost all of it. Brocks 17 games compares closely to Steve young's 94 yeae

The final fall back take for the remaining "doubters" is seemingly that Brock has too many weapons to be seriously considered. Effectively disqualifying from the MVP race the player occupying the premier position for one of the NFL's premier franchises... because they're too good.
Wright needs a huge wedgie, just hang him on a pole by the undies. He might like that though.

It's an energy thing. If the fans start celebrating for too long and getting complacent, they carry that to the next game. Maybe don't cheer with as much urgency, which rubs off on the players. Players talk about the energy from the fans all the time, it matters.

I get it this is just a forum and no one on the Niners is reading this. But collectively our fan base absolutely matters and has influence.

I am not that important. Lol

I am gunna be celebrating the Philly game all week. That was a long time comin'.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Not even Grant Cohen is this bad.

It feels like Nick has a personnel grudge against Purdy even being discussed as a possible MVP. I don't get why he can't even accept him as someone who has a legitimate shot at getting it.

it's almost like we need Darnold to start, so we can comp the variance between another QB in this O and BP. Or what if you looked at JGs 2022 and extrapolate to get a full season of numbers w/ CMC. Maybe that's what these types are doing?
it's the is it the QB or system debate, and those are the folks on the extreme end of thinking it's the system, Steve Ruiz of course also

Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Brock Purdy is single-handedly destroying Nick Wright's entire career and credibility and I am here for it. The Warriors started it. Now Purdy is going to finish it.

Are you kidding? The level of engagement has probably never been higher. He'll likely get a raise.

Exactly... Guys like this make an absolute killing off of our fanbase. They eat this s**t up. It's literally free lazy clicks.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by Fanaticofnfl:

Brock Purdy is single-handedly destroying Nick Wright's entire career and credibility and I am here for it. The Warriors started it. Now Purdy is going to finish it.

Are you kidding? The level of engagement has probably never been higher. He'll likely get a raise.

Exactly... Guys like this make an absolute killing off of our fanbase. They eat this s**t up. It's literally free lazy clicks.

Yeah, grants been doing it for years. Fans will never learn.'if you want someone's takes to go away or stop them from saying stupid s**t - stop saying their name and sharing their stupid takes. They're laughing all the way to the bank. Lol

i really don't understand how people don't realize that All you're doing by saying their names/sharing their takes is helping them. Lol emboldening them

i dont even watch Larry Krueger video if grant is on.

they'll never stop saying dumb s**t if you keep showing that you'll respond to it, positive or negative. Lol ever. They love it. They want that. That's why they keep doing it. They clearly don't believe wtf they're saying.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Dec 5, 2023 at 9:48 AM ]
Nick Wright not only says ongoing consistent weird stupid things. He looks incredibly stupid with that long hair and beard. Just a complete fool all around.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 5, 2023 at 9:51 AM ]
  • thl408

Lol. Maybe it's a former player thing? I swear on game days I get all of the same emotions as when I played. OBVIOUSLY it's not the same, but as far as the emotions of the game it's close. Fans just don't have to wake up the next day like they got in a car accident.

Emotions are fine. 9erson was talking about how we can't dwell on the PHI game anymore and need to move on to Seattle. Why can't we as fans enjoy the PHI game some more days? I don't have to gameplan for Seattle.

So we need to stop enjoying the Eagles game and start thinking about Seattle? I disagree but I won't tell you how to be a fan, you do you. I'm going to continue enjoying the Eagles game and most likely will continue to do so into Thursday. Maybe even Friday.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by D0PEMAN:
I think one thing's for sure, purdy making the pro bowl at the very least.

Pro Bowl? He's going to be 1st team All Pro.

Share 49ersWebzone