LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 92 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Just have to chime in here as I see some harping on O'Sullivan: haven't watched the latest video, but prior to that, which is like 5 of them, he actually basically says that Purdy is better than Shanahan's playcalling and design. He points out the mistakes he makes, which of course he does, but man when he makes insane throws/decisions, he gives him all the credit in the world. I think the guy LOVES Purdy, so idk wtf y'all talking about, but then again some of you just spit nonsense for a living. San Diego is nice btw, watched the last game at Bubs.
Jt is full of s**t lol

he continuously says he doesn't know whats the play or it's intent but bashes Kyle's scheming on perfectly set up plays.. dude is a tool

Might be mirror time bro, he always explains why he has a criticism and spends TONS of time highlighting the EPIC s**t we do. You sound like an over sensitive fan to me, something the Seahawks have plenty of, and something we need LESS of.
what ? looks who's being sensitive and defending JT.

You can't criticize a play if you admit knowing nothing about it, with that same play being perfect. You need to learn that his opinion is not a fact. There are plenty of other guys to watch who take bias out of it
BTW…are we as Niner fans seriously claiming Shanahan is infallible? I mean…come on.
stop extreme posting. not one person said this lol

just post by your original handle "Furlow"

You can't criticize a play if you admit knowing nothing about it, with that same play being perfect. You need to learn that his opinion is not a fact. There are plenty of other guys to watch who take bias out of it

Get outta here dude. You asserting something he criticized actually being perfect is basically the definition of blind homerism. What you call "bias" is something called perspective - which he EXPLAINS. Btw, LMFAO, I've watched 4-5 videos like I said, I enjoy them, but what in the world would I have to be sensitive about? Again, mirror time bro.
BTW…are we as Niner fans seriously claiming Shanahan is infallible? I mean…come on.

For the record, I for one like the QB Schools
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I do too. I always watch it when it's Brock videos. I also think JT is a little bitter and/or has too big of an ego. Which I think he said that on one of his videos.
Originally posted by tankle104:

I do too. I always watch it when it's Brock videos. I also think JT is a little bitter and/or has too big of an ego. Which I think he said that on one of his videos.

I don't think he's bitter, he loves the game, and it's nice to see all 22 and from the QB perspective. Naturally he has throws, concepts, a certain brand or style that he likes, but he seems pretty fair about saying, "For me" I like such and such..
Big keys for him seem to be footwork, timing, playing within the structure of the offense, and playing with anticipation, and no turndowns, when the play is there, throw it. So he should be into Brock he's doing all that stuff, I haven't seen maybe the most recent one or so

I don't sense bitterness, yes he has opinions and preferences and sometimes I'm absolutely positive he's missing the point and you may be right, that's just him thinking he's right/an ego thing. Sometimes he's f'ing right though too. We all know Shanahan is a fantastic offensive coach but he does pull some head scratchers - he famous for this s**t at this point.

Get outta here dude. You asserting something he criticized actually being perfect is basically the definition of blind homerism. What you call "bias" is something called perspective - which he EXPLAINS. Btw, LMFAO, I've watched 4-5 videos like I said, I enjoy them, but what in the world would I have to be sensitive about? Again, mirror time bro.
your post screams sensitivity thats why

you making these claims of homerism without any base.. you like to make things up off of opinion

I don't sense bitterness, yes he has opinions and preferences and sometimes I'm absolutely positive he's missing the point and you may be right, that's just him thinking he's right/an ego thing. Sometimes he's f'ing right though too. We all know Shanahan is a fantastic offensive coach but he does pull some head scratchers - he famous for this s**t at this point.
again cause you and JT scratch your head.. is more on you guys than what the team is trying to do

This is chess, not checkers. The plays prior set up a perfectly set up wide open Deebo for a TD.. which JT hated lol clown
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 22, 2023 at 11:59 AM ]

I haven't seen one better. He's better than our Johnny, and that's no slight on Johnny, who's obviously great. Agree to disagree.

Might be mirror time bro, he always explains why he has a criticism and spends TONS of time highlighting the EPIC s**t we do. You sound like an over sensitive fan to me, something the Seahawks have plenty of, and something we need LESS of.

Ok, you are just here to start s**t under a burner account.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by thl408:
I think Kyle explained what is for, that "bumper motion" that CMC does while aligned 6 yards into the backfield. It's so that CMC has a clean release into the route and isn't chipped by the edge player.

That was about 2 weeks ago in the Papa interview, JTO hasn't mentioned it in his video since lol

Yes. Papa interview. Now that there are other, better film analysts cutting up Brock, I stopped watching JTO's.

Yup, got to say Jonny Dell's videos are *DA BOMB!* best stuff on the Internet!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

I unmuted you to see what all the buzz was about. Good lord I should have left you blocked lol.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

I don't think he's bitter, he loves the game, and it's nice to see all 22 and from the QB perspective. Naturally he has throws, concepts, a certain brand or style that he likes, but he seems pretty fair about saying, "For me" I like such and such..
Big keys for him seem to be footwork, timing, playing within the structure of the offense, and playing with anticipation, and no turndowns, when the play is there, throw it. So he should be into Brock he's doing all that stuff, I haven't seen maybe the most recent one or so

JT does a great job and yes he absolutely loves football. I actually played one season with him in college, I was a senior and he was a freshman. Good dude and extremely talented. His shortcomings as an NFL player have nothing to do with his knowledge of the game or ability to analyze it. As far as the Niners, he absolutely loves the team, the system, the coach, the players, etc. Purdy is usually his first release of each week. Yes he questions some play calls, play designs, effort by certain players, and decisions that Purdy makes - that's the whole point of watching film. Anyone saying that he only criticizes the team/players clearly isn't watching his videos and/or knows nothing about football in general. We all know who those posters are.
[ Edited by Furlow on Dec 22, 2023 at 3:17 PM ]
Originally posted by Furlow:

I unmuted you to see what all the buzz was about. Good lord I should have left you blocked lol.
glad you switched accts
Share 49ersWebzone