LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 150 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:
Less drama more Purdy

Bro you don't like talking about emotions?
https://cyclones.com/news/2023/12/22/football-cycast-david-lombardi-from-the-athletic.aspx

This is a good podcast if you have a little time.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Dec 22, 2023 at 1:05 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
It really was. I don't think Martz would have brought him here if he couldn't play. What's funny is JT was getting tossed around like a rag doll in the NFL, seemed a bit frail. Well a couple of years after he retired I ran into him at a flag football tournament down here in San Diego. He was playing WR (he said too boring to play QB lol) and I was playing CB. Dude was an absolute MONSTER. Strong, fast, routes, everything. I was actually in shock at how good of an athlete he was, and instantly my respect for NFL players went up ten fold. Insane what those guys are capable of.

Yup, I remember him hanging in there and taking shots, waiting on our stuff downfield to open up. That takes some guts. There was a good recap of his career I think it's on YouTube.

I didn't like the Martz offense for the simple reason that it really injures the QB. Pretty much in the Martz offense all five receivers go out, no protections and depends on the QB to pick the correct WR before he gets killed. Kyle's offense, on the other hand, has a heavy run component that (I think) helps protect the QB from those weird zone blitz deals.

You're absolutely right. Except for when Kyle uses a 3rd TE to pass block a premier DE on a 7 step drop. Lol I kid, I kid.

Haha! I know! But I think Kyle had the same PSTD I did on Brock's injury -- and over drafted the TE position with Latu vs an OLineman. Just my personal opinion on that though.
I love how everyone in the media keeps moving the goal post when it comes to Purdy.

-He's a game manager
-He's not the MVP because of his teammates talent
-Any QB would be good with this team in this scheme
-Kyle Shanahan's offense makes it easy for him

Now with all that said if Purdy was drafted #1 overall instead of dead last would MVP talk be an issue?

Why didn't Jimmy G, Lance, Beathard, or any of the other QB's look like this in Kyle's offense?

Would anyone be willing to trade Purdy for Lawrence, Zack Wilson, or Herbert straight up right now?

The league made a huge mistake by under valuing a QB prospect and now no one wants to give him his hardware.

Keep those trophies, there will be one trophy he gets that won't be decided by the talking heads. The Lombardi trophy is the one he will earn outright. The MVP, SB MVP, and all other voted accolades can go to the hyped guys.

You would think the league would love Purdy's story. But I guess he's not Manning or Brady enough cause he plays out west.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
I love how everyone in the media keeps moving the goal post when it comes to Purdy.

-He's a game manager

Now with all that said if Purdy was drafted #1 overall instead of dead last would MVP talk be an issue?

Why didn't Jimmy G, Lance, Beathard, or any of the other QB's look like this in Kyle's offense?

Would anyone be willing to trade Purdy for Lawrence, Zack Wilson, or Herbert straight up right now?

The league made a huge mistake by under valuing a QB prospect and now no one wants to give him his hardware.

Keep those trophies, there will be one trophy he gets that won't be decided by the talking heads. The Lombardi trophy is the one he will earn outright. The MVP, SB MVP, and all other voted accolades can go to the hyped guys.

You would think the league would love Purdy's story. But I guess he's not Manning or Brady enough cause he plays out west.
the 49ers are hated by the entire league and other fan bases. heck even some 49ers fans hate our coach. lol

Brock could be #1 overall.. it's doesn't matter.
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Dec 22, 2023 at 1:13 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

That's one hell of a video
wow
loved it
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

wow
loved it

🥲😍👌
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SLCNiner:
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

wow
loved it

🥲😍👌

good video
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
imagine people actually trying to prop up JT as good and a exciting brand of football for the 49ers.. ridiculous

Good, no. A QB with balls and a willingness to take chances (excitement)… yes. That team was an overall dumpster fire anyway.

I appreciated his brief stint, even though he clearly wasn't good enough to be a starter.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:

-He's a game manager

All of this. We keep hearing about his "value above replacement" and how there wouldn't be much drop off if you inserted any QB here. As if we don't have YEARS of examples of replacement QB play. Purdy is light years beyond anything we've seen under Kyle.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'll never stop saying this until it happens!!! THE NFL NEEDS BROCK PURDY TO WIN THE SUPER BOWL!!! I bet the ratings are high as f**k when they show 9er games!!! They thought Michael Oher was a story, they haven't seen nothing yet!!!

The Brock Purdy story!!!
Originally posted by swoosh6996:
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
I haven't seen one better. He's better than our Johnny, and that's no slight on Johnny, who's obviously great. Agree to disagree.

Might be mirror time bro, he always explains why he has a criticism and spends TONS of time highlighting the EPIC s**t we do. You sound like an over sensitive fan to me, something the Seahawks have plenty of, and something we need LESS of.

BTW…are we as Niner fans seriously claiming Shanahan is infallible? I mean…come on.

Ok, you are just here to start s**t under a burner account.
Oh boy, another one, thanks webzone, I discovered the hidden function!
Originally posted by tankle104:
For the record, I for one like the QB Schools

I do too. I always watch it when it's Brock videos. I also think JT is a little bitter and/or has too big of an ego. Which I think he said that on one of his videos.

I don't think he's bitter, he loves the game, and it's nice to see all 22 and from the QB perspective. Naturally he has throws, concepts, a certain brand or style that he likes, but he seems pretty fair about saying, "For me" I like such and such..
Big keys for him seem to be footwork, timing, playing within the structure of the offense, and playing with anticipation, and no turndowns, when the play is there, throw it. So he should be into Brock he's doing all that stuff, I haven't seen maybe the most recent one or so

JT does a great job and yes he absolutely loves football. I actually played one season with him in college, I was a senior and he was a junior. Good dude and extremely talented. His shortcomings as an NFL player have nothing to do with his knowledge of the game or ability to analyze it. As far as the Niners, he absolutely loves the team, the system, the coach, the players, etc. Purdy is usually his first release of each week. Yes he questions some play calls, play designs, effort by certain players, and decisions that Purdy makes - that's the whole point of watching film. Anyone saying that he only criticizes the team/players clearly isn't watching his videos and/or knows nothing about football in general. We all know who those posters are.

This is hysterical and awesome at the same time. Totally agreed. Unfortunately, I can't say I played football with anyone, except that one carry I got that i fumbled as a freshman!
BTW…are we as Niner fans seriously claiming Shanahan is infallible? I mean…come on.
stop extreme posting. not one person said this lol

just post by your original handle "Furlow"

I unmuted you to see what all the buzz was about. Good lord I should have left you blocked lol.
glad you switched accts

Why would I mute you and then reply to you on a different account? Have I EVER had an issue arguing with you? Lol stop it bro. Go back to talking about people's emotions and "being sensitive." Good lord. Had you and random muted for like 2 weeks and didn't see one post about anyone's feelings. First day unblocking you and here were are on an episode of Jerry Springer. Why don't you just debate people if you don't like their point? Why do you ALWAYS have to start talking about feelings and emotions? So damn strange.
lol burner acct is now confirmed

Furlow isn't shy about giving his opinions, he doesn't need a burner account

Bahahahahahaha
Share 49ersWebzone