There are 117 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
RG3 has always been very high on Brock Purdy. He broadcasts College Football games and did some Iowa State games. He always called Purdy a baller and thought he was under estimated. RG3 typically builds up Purdy over time if you listen to him. He said early on he thought Purdy was better than where he was drafted.

SD, do we think BP gets MVP and SBMVP? Will that shut down the haters?
vick only stating the obvious but dude in video acting like its some scientific breakthrough lol
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Find it weird one of the media narratives is Brock isn't capable of making plays outside of Shanahan system. When that's all he mostly done in college. He had to do it because his team didn't have as much playmakers. He's now on a Niner team with playmakers at every position. He's now making plays in a different way, by being quick with the decisions, timing, anticipation, accuracy. Get the ball out to the playmakers, let them make plays. Brock is capable of play both style. But he has learned very quickly, like Steve Young did, the offense is more efficient and undefendable if he becomes a high level distributor. Not take it upon himself to make plays off schedule.

Think it's just as simple as outside of the Cowboys game, Brock hasn't had his best performances, especially in this context, in prime time. He had a nice stat line in the Eagles game, but it was mostly short passing with the playmakers making great plays.

I'm not knocking him at all to be clear. But to get the full picture of what he's doing you'd have to he watching all the games and reviewing film… which is not happening by a lot of the hot take/talk show media members.

Exactly, a lot of the talking heads only watch prime time games. They saw Brock lose against minny (concussion) and know he lost three straight - even thought now hurts has and should of been on like his fourth or fifth straight loss.

overall, there is a long standing narrative here of bad-mediocre QBs over accomplishing. So that's the media narrative, unfortunately. Once they see him ball in the playoffs and win a chip, it'll all change.
Originally posted by Dirtydonedirtcheap69:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
For the record, I for one like the QB Schools

I do too. I always watch it when it's Brock videos. I also think JT is a little bitter and/or has too big of an ego. Which I think he said that on one of his videos.

I don't sense bitterness, yes he has opinions and preferences and sometimes I'm absolutely positive he's missing the point and you may be right, that's just him thinking he's right/an ego thing. Sometimes he's f'ing right though too. We all know Shanahan is a fantastic offensive coach but he does pull some head scratchers - he famous for this s**t at this point.

I remember him playing for us, I liked him, but knew he wasn't the real deal. Lol he's a great example of knows what to do but doesn't posses the intangible skills to execute it at the highest level. I like what he's doing now. It's cool to get insight into these guys from ex players and see how they all see things a little different.
Find it weird one of the media narratives is Brock isn't capable of making plays outside of Shanahan system. When that's all he mostly done in college. He had to do it because his team didn't have as much playmakers. He's now on a Niner team with playmakers at every position. He's now making plays in a different way, by being quick with the decisions, timing, anticipation, accuracy. Get the ball out to the playmakers, let them make plays. Brock is capable of play both style. But he has learned very quickly, like Steve Young did, the offense is more efficient and undefendable if he becomes a high level distributor. Not take it upon himself to make plays off schedule.

Think it's just as simple as outside of the Cowboys game, Brock hasn't had his best performances, especially in this context, in prime time. He had a nice stat line in the Eagles game, but it was mostly short passing with the playmakers making great plays.

I'm not knocking him at all to be clear. But to get the full picture of what he's doing you'd have to he watching all the games and reviewing film… which is not happening by a lot of the hot take/talk show media members.

I just had this discussion an hour ago with a neighbor who is a Bears fan. He thinks there are at least 15 QBs that could play as well as Purdy in the Niners system. I explained to him that it's not just about his passing . It's his ball handling and not making the bad decisions that so many more physically talented players make. It's his quick recognition of what defenses he faces. If playing QB was just about physical skills then all the high draft choices would succeed. We know they don't. The mental aspect doesn't get enough credit because it's not as easy to see as a 40 yard TD pass or a 30 yard scramble.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Dec 22, 2023 at 5:05 PM ]
I remember him playing for us, I liked him, but knew he wasn't the real deal. Lol he's a great example of knows what to do but doesn't posses the intangible skills to execute it at the highest level. I like what he's doing now. It's cool to get insight into these guys from ex players and see how they all see things a little different.

Hes just too bias toward Martz mediocre offense so he sees how Martz did things as the "right" way.

Still a good analyst. Just not as good as a Cosell because of how he lets his bias cloud his commentary.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Dec 22, 2023 at 5:06 PM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I just had this discussion an hour ago with a neighbor who is a Bears fan. He thinks there are at least 15 QBs that could play as well as Purdy in the Niners system. I explained to him that it's not just about his passing . It's his ball handling and not making the bad decisions that so many more physically talented players make. It's his quick recognition of what defenses he faces. If playing QB was just about physical skills then all the high draft choices would succeed. We know they don't. The mental aspect doesn't get enough credit because it's not as easy to see as a 40 yard TD pass or a 30 yard scramble.

Wow! Doesn't that sound familiar? People regurgitating what a mainstream talking head said. What tools those people are?
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Hes just too bias toward Martz mediocre offense so he sees how Martz did things as the "right" way.

Still a good analyst. Just not as good as a Cosell because of how he lets his bias cloud his commentary.

I don't think this really is the case, especially watching his videos in regards to other teams/QBs. Tua/Miami videos would be a great example.

As mentioned earlier he also does a very good job identifying what could be gaps in his knowledge (like various reads and what is being taught in the building) and what might be colored by his personal experience.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I always debate that the mental aspect of the game is exponentially more important than the physical tools, as long as you have at least good physical tools.

guys like Brady, Bree's, manning, montana etc settled that debate a long time ago, IMO.

leadership, spacial awareness, play recognition, pocket awareness, etc etc all play huge roles and those are mental abilities.

Biased.

one can have or display A bias, but as a state of being, the term is BIASED.

got it?

Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
BTW…are we as Niner fans seriously claiming Shanahan is infallible? I mean…come on.
stop extreme posting. not one person said this lol

just post by your original handle "Furlow"

I unmuted you to see what all the buzz was about. Good lord I should have left you blocked lol.

Wait Wait Wait....my head's all messed up now. I thought this was Furlow from earlier???:

Originally posted by jimmy3233:
LMFAO at ppl crying about corner routes. Dude is dropping dimes 50 yards downfield (I could give a f**k less if it isn't a so called corner route LOL).
Hes on a HOF trajectory. A real NFL QB that can process and go through all this reads in 2 secs.

Not some dumb athlete that goes through 2 reads tops and then runs (aka Lamar, Hurts, Murray, etc).

Hella confused now...

Biased.

one can have or display A bias, but as a state of being, the term is BIASED.

got it?
Word
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
RG3 has always been very high on Brock Purdy. He broadcasts College Football games and did some Iowa State games. He always called Purdy a baller and thought he was under estimated. RG3 typically builds up Purdy over time if you listen to him. He said early on he thought Purdy was better than where he was drafted.

SD, do we think BP gets MVP and SBMVP? Will that shut down the haters?

I think he can get MVP, Pro Bowl, Super Bowl win and Super Bowl MVP. I hope he gets all of those because they will have less of a leg to stand on then. They will still say stupid things like he needs to do it twice. Or do it without Trent Williams and Deebo. But I think the hate will lose a lot of steam overall. Because they look dumb at that point. If he does some of those or especially all of those.
Meh, can't stand Vick, don't give a s**t about what he has to say.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Bro you don't like talking about emotions?

How many times do I have to say I am not a bro? Lol ..doe a deer a female deer 🎶
[ Edited by Montana on Dec 22, 2023 at 5:51 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone