LISTEN: Were The 49ers Exposed In Week 2? →

There are 152 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Wait Montana is a female? I didn't know that either. Not that I really care but it's good to know.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Bro you don't like talking about emotions?

How many times do I have to say I am not a bro? Lol ..doe a deer a female deer 🎶

Damn my bad. I see "Montana" and I just think of a guy. My apologies, AGAIN.

Lmao I made the same mistake recently too.
You know what's next..

Though, I kinda prefer

The hands on the last one...no wonder he couldn't throw the ball in the rain against the Browns. Amazing he's MVP with those hands
Here are Biblically accurate angels since Brock is now St. Purdy.

Originally posted by qnnhan7:
You know what's next..

Though, I kinda prefer

The hands on the last one...no wonder he couldn't throw the ball in the rain against the Browns. Amazing he's MVP with those hands

LMAO
Brock Purdy Being A System QB For 5 Minutes & 9 Seconds

Brock Purdy Throwing Absolute Dimes For 8 Minutes Straight
[ Edited by rorrim on Dec 22, 2023 at 7:09 PM ]
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I just had this discussion an hour ago with a neighbor who is a Bears fan. He thinks there are at least 15 QBs that could play as well as Purdy in the Niners system. I explained to him that it's not just about his passing . It's his ball handling and not making the bad decisions that so many more physically talented players make. It's his quick recognition of what defenses he faces. If playing QB was just about physical skills then all the high draft choices would succeed. We know they don't. The mental aspect doesn't get enough credit because it's not as easy to see as a 40 yard TD pass or a 30 yard scramble.

Don't forget his pocket presence and escapability
Originally posted by rorrim:
Brock Purdy Being A System QB For 5 Minutes & 9 Seconds

Brock Purdy Throwing Absolute Dimes For 8 Minutes Straight

What's exciting to me is that this is only his first year starting and his second year overall. He's been about as efficient as humanely possible but the wild part is that there are a lot of plays that we can look back at and say he missed (2 deep throws against the rams). So his stats could be even better.

we may see a big improvment next year. It's exciting to think about .

Right now i just hope we see him ball in the playoffs and get us that elusive ring, the start of a dynasty!
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I just had this discussion an hour ago with a neighbor who is a Bears fan. He thinks there are at least 15 QBs that could play as well as Purdy in the Niners system. I explained to him that it's not just about his passing . It's his ball handling and not making the bad decisions that so many more physically talented players make. It's his quick recognition of what defenses he faces. If playing QB was just about physical skills then all the high draft choices would succeed. We know they don't. The mental aspect doesn't get enough credit because it's not as easy to see as a 40 yard TD pass or a 30 yard scramble.

Don't forget his pocket presence and escapability

Same reason why Tom Brady kept winning SBs. I'm not saying Purdy is like Brady just yet, but there's certainly a processing upside that people don't think about when they judge a players perceived upside.

Not to mention Purdy is one of the best at avoiding pressure. I think the Ravens would be just as foolish to blitz Purdy as we would to blitz Lamar. Maybe even more so because Purdy hurts you through the air and with good rush lanes Lamar can't go anywhere.

Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Cam is just trying to get folks to click on his podcast. He was talking out his ass, and while his defense and team did help him get to the superbowl, he fumbled, then stood there looking at the loose ball instead of making any effort to get on it. They were down 14-10, and still had a chance to win the game.

He's gotten a helluva lot of free pub here for barely saying anything worthwhile,..so he's not just trying. It's been a success for him.

Did you click on his podcast? I didn't.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
RG3 has always been very high on Brock Purdy. He broadcasts College Football games and did some Iowa State games. He always called Purdy a baller and thought he was under estimated. RG3 typically builds up Purdy over time if you listen to him. He said early on he thought Purdy was better than where he was drafted.

SD, do we think BP gets MVP and SBMVP? Will that shut down the haters?

I think he can get MVP, Pro Bowl, Super Bowl win and Super Bowl MVP. I hope he gets all of those because they will have less of a leg to stand on then. They will still say stupid things like he needs to do it twice. Or do it without Trent Williams and Deebo. But I think the hate will lose a lot of steam overall. Because they look dumb at that point. If he does some of those or especially all of those.

This is the season
Originally posted by tankle104:
hes slowly caving 😈

Repenting, as he should.

His mother in law is a niners fan and she called him out on social media, lol.
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Wait Montana is a female? I didn't know that either. Not that I really care but it's good to know.

It changes everything
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:

It changes everything

Share 49ersWebzone