LISTEN: 49ers Prepare For Ailing Rams →

There are 101 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I thought this was pretty clever.

If you think he had to gain playing experience to make this throw, you're wrong. He made the same throw to Kittle on almost the same route and pressure blitz in the Miami game last year when he came in cold for Jimmy

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 23, 2023 at 8:00 AM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I just had this discussion an hour ago with a neighbor who is a Bears fan. He thinks there are at least 15 QBs that could play as well as Purdy in the Niners system. I explained to him that it's not just about his passing . It's his ball handling and not making the bad decisions that so many more physically talented players make. It's his quick recognition of what defenses he faces. If playing QB was just about physical skills then all the high draft choices would succeed. We know they don't. The mental aspect doesn't get enough credit because it's not as easy to see as a 40 yard TD pass or a 30 yard scramble.

Don't forget his pocket presence and escapability

Same reason why Tom Brady kept winning SBs. I'm not saying Purdy is like Brady just yet, but there's certainly a processing upside that people don't think about when they judge a players perceived upside.

Not to mention Purdy is one of the best at avoiding pressure. I think the Ravens would be just as foolish to blitz Purdy as we would to blitz Lamar. Maybe even more so because Purdy hurts you through the air and with good rush lanes Lamar can't go anywhere.

You get my point even though I didn't list all Purdy's strengths. There is more to playing QB than a strong arm and great measurements. NFL execs wish there was a better way to evaluate these guys coming out of college but it's a crapshoot. Now more than ever with so many coming out early.

Face it guys. We got really lucky with Brock. After the big swing and miss with Lance this franchise could have been set back 2 or 3 years at least. Instead they moved forward. Hopefully to another SB victory.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by tankle104:
hes slowly caving 😈

Repenting, as he should.

His mother in law is a niners fan and she called him out on social media, lol.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by braap49er:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Wait Montana is a female? I didn't know that either. Not that I really care but it's good to know.

It changes everything

She's just one of the guys

Montana is a dime, too.
A Dot

I'd say, more of a Thot.
A WAP

Yikes lol sheesh
I am sure I am not the only doe on here.

That stuff was cringe. Do better guys.

Seriously. Dudes acting like it's the 1960's lol
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
hes slowly caving 😈

Repenting, as he should.

Please tell me that's real
hes slowly caving 😈

Repenting, as he should.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
[ Edited by Furlow on Dec 23, 2023 at 9:19 AM ]
Originally posted by Furlow:
hes slowly caving 😈

Repenting, as he should.

Just heard the audio of him saying it himself on his show.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
hes slowly caving 😈

Repenting, as he should.

Omg this is f**king classic hahaha

hes slowly caving 😈

Repenting, as he should.

Lmao good! I'd be a happy man if I never had to hear from him again.
I read the story about CMC's Christmas gifts to the other players and couldn't help laughing at Brock's comments. I know Brock only makes $870,000 per yer but saying that a set of custom golf clubs isn't in his budget is a little silly. He's clearing at least $450K or more. That's some expensive golf clubs. Even if he has a large house payment I'm sure he could buy his own clubs.

To us mere mortals it sounds a little crazy to hear these guys say stuff like that.
I love Brock and would be thrilled to see him win mvp but a part of me wonders if it's better for CMC to earn it.
1. CMC is very deserving of it
2.it would be a huge win for running backs (specifically the highest paid one)
3. Gives Brock an extra chip and motivation at this young point in his career
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
I read the story about CMC's Christmas gifts to the other players and couldn't help laughing at Brock's comments. I know Brock only makes $870,000 per yer but saying that a set of custom golf clubs isn't in his budget is a little silly. He's clearing at least $450K or more. That's some expensive golf clubs. Even if he has a large house payment I'm sure he could buy his own clubs.

To us mere mortals it sounds a little crazy to hear these guys say stuff like that.

It probably isn't in his budget because it's probably superfluous to him. Doesn't need them, doesn't have millions to drop in things he'll likely use once or twice in his life, lives in one of the most expensive cities in the world. Like yeah, I can afford a bowling ball, but it's not in my budget.
Nick WRONG just keeps moving the goal posts. We no longer compare him to Jimmy G and say he's a game manager. LOL. He keeps proving he knows nothing about football. WRONG also keeps digging a bigger grave for himself too. Honestly how can you be this dumb about sports and have a talk show? It's incredible really. They probably pay him a lot too.

Share 49ersWebzone