LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 261 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Dude did purdy good.
What a game. One to remember for sure.
f**kin A young man.
Hopefully its not just another flash in the pan like Mullens vs the Raiders on that one Monday Night game
So is this the beat performance by a Mr Irrelevant ever?
Purdy looked good today.

I don't trust him to carry us through the end of the season and playoffs, but if Jimmy's injury is short term, I do feel good about what I saw today.

Good job Purdy.
I have no issue with him as our backup.
He is now Mr. Relevant
Good performance for Purdy today.

Was definitely a mixed bag of some nice throws and some bad throws. Some bad reads in there too but for a 3rd string rookie QB, he did pretty solid.
We were losing when he came in and took over. What a win by Brock Purdy.

Showed some poise throwing in tight windows. If he's continuing to start hopefully that continues
Considering the Dolphins brought the house and tremendous pressure on Purdy, he acquitted himself relatively well.

I feel he should be able to do enough to win a couple of the last few games and get us into the playoffs, but I'm not sure how I feel about a rookie going into the playoffs.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Loved his poise.
This was a big ask and he rose to the challenge. Scared the s**t out me once or twice, but I love the confidence on a few of those tight window throws. Let's see what he can do with a full week of starter reps and a gameplan built around him.
I see no reason why his poise, fundamentals, experience as a 4yr starter, and feel for the game would cause him to have a sudden collapse. His floor is pretty high IMO. What remains to be seen is his ceiling but the stage isn't too big for him.
Share 49ersWebzone