There are 247 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Furlow:
Unreal what some of you are saying and no clue what game you were watching. Raining. No Deebo. CMC banged up. OL getting dominated. WR's dropping balls. Defense getting gashed for chunk plays. 0-30. Purdy overcame all of that.

There's no denying Purdy was off. I definitely don't think it's bc he's not good or he was chocking.

A long time off and then trying to shake that rust off in the rain was not ideal.

But what he showed is 100 times more impressive than what he did to the Seahawks last year in the playoffs, or any other game.

99% of QBs would've folded there on that final drive. He put together a great drive basically making every throw + that 9 yard run that set up the TD. That means and shows a lot more than you can put up points on a team whenever everything is going right.

No Deebo, OL playing poorly, throwing bad balls, drops, Kyle not calling enough runs, this should've been a loss. Instead this kid showed that he has IT.

Perfectly said. Some in here acting like every game is played in a damn vacuum or something. What we saw tonight from Purdy was spectacular. These dodos are missing it. And people wonder why we get called the Forty Whiners.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Unreal what some of you are saying and no clue what game you were watching. Raining. No Deebo. CMC banged up. OL getting dominated. WR's dropping balls. Defense getting gashed for chunk plays. 0-30. Purdy overcame all of that.

let's get a lil real, BA cooked his matchup and Brock couldn't hit the broadside of the barn, he was high to JJ, he whiffed a screen pass
he got pick 6'd but for GB dropping the ball, hit the DB right in the numbers, spent most of the game shaking his head at himself
style points mean zero, but it was a poor showing, the team overcame a poor showing I think a lot of the team played poorly, Brock had as bad a game as anyone in red

Don't disagree with any of this. Do conditions matter? Does losing our #1 WR matter? Does playing from behind the whole game matter? Does having a poor pass blocking OL matter? Do dropped balls matter?

The answer is yes. And he found a way to overcome all of that. EPIC playoff win. And you and others want to dwell on the bad plays and shaky stats. Sure, by all means. But this is on par with random spending a week blaming Jimmy for Kittle's dropped pass in our glorious 13-10 win at Green Bay. Absolutely pathetic in my opinion.

I don't think he likes throwing a wet ball I think that impacts him more than most QBs, I think without conditions he's a different QB
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Dave Lombardi post game YouTube video, saying Purdy turned into Joe Montana at the end of this game. I mean come on I really like Lombardi and what he does covering the team, but good grief dude that's a damn exaggeration. I mean if he was really comparing something Brock did on that last drive to the most iconic play in the history of the NFL he really needs to check his Purdy fanboy-ness.

Yeah struggle in a game, and then throw ice cold darts on the final drive to advance in the playoffs..... Don't have a clue why that would summon up memories of Joe. Montana ( for fans that actually know and watched Joe Montana)

Ya definitely not like the game where Joe had 3 picks until the he put together the game winning drive that became known as The Catch

Different era and these Packers are not the 1981 Dallas Cowboys.

Point is Brock struggled throughout the game until their final drive. Same with Joe in 81'

Some of you with the continued Brock hate is laughable.

Man, I'm not hating on Brock. I was defending him during the game when things looked bleak. He was clutch on that last drive, no question. It's just... do we really need to start invoking the Catch and Joe Montana? We were favored by 10.5 points going into this game, Brock saved us from a massive embarassment.

The RAIN is B-Rock's WEAKNESS !!!

We were lucky to win this game.. but... WE TAKE IT !! WE TAKE IT !!!
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
i love brock but he f'n sucks with a wet ball

This pretty much sums it up. Love the kid, hope he continues to shine...but I also hope for the love of God there are no more rainy playoff games/superbowls in his future.
[ Edited by JC_916 on Jan 20, 2024 at 9:28 PM ]
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Dave Lombardi post game YouTube video, saying Purdy turned into Joe Montana at the end of this game. I mean come on I really like Lombardi and what he does covering the team, but good grief dude that's a damn exaggeration. I mean if he was really comparing something Brock did on that last drive to the most iconic play in the history of the NFL he really needs to check his Purdy fanboy-ness.

Yeah struggle in a game, and then throw ice cold darts on the final drive to advance in the playoffs..... Don't have a clue why that would summon up memories of Joe. Montana ( for fans that actually know and watched Joe Montana)

Ya definitely not like the game where Joe had 3 picks until the he put together the game winning drive that became known as The Catch

Point is Brock struggled throughout the game until their final drive. Same with Joe in 81'

Man, I'm not hating on Brock. I was defending him during the game when things looked bleak. He was clutch on that last drive, no question. It's just... do we really need to start invoking the Catch and Joe Montana? We were favored by 10.5 points going into this game, Brock saved us from a massive embarassment.

I think the rain was a big deal in affecting Kyle's game. Brock said it affected him - in the post game interview.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

He played well when it mattered most and Love turned into Paxton Lynch when it mattered most.

Purdy needs to look over the film and get his mind right for next week because I have a feeling that the Lions and their aggressive defense will be coming to town.

Need to let the Oline know if CMC getting 2yards, they might have to block a little longer for Brock on pass plays
Jimmy G 100% loses this game at the end.

Purdy won it.

the. End.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:

The RAIN is B-Rock's WEAKNESS !!!

We were lucky to win this game.. but... WE TAKE IT !! WE TAKE IT !!!

I think Brock, in the offseason, should try to practice more with the glove. Get that down for the next season (and a bit for this season too). Brock took it off because he wasn't comfortable with it (so he said in the post game interview). But if it helps grip the ball in a wet rain that's an edge that he would have - with being comfortable in a glove.
Originally posted by Jeepzilla:

Ya but I'm really glad Purdy didn't throw one pick let alone three like Joe did in this game! Lol

not for a lack of trying....

Ball looked as slow as it has ever looked from Purdy. I think the pocket, and conditions affected him. On top of lack of play-action from the empty backfield.

Young QB's learn and overcome....he has not seen everything a defense can throw at him yet, The team survived it, he survived it.

As much as Brock struggled in this game...the dude is not alone in that. MANY facets of this game was miss-played ...by many players and coaches.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

let's get a lil real, BA cooked his matchup and Brock couldn't hit the broadside of the barn, he was high to JJ, he whiffed a screen pass
he got pick 6'd but for GB dropping the ball, hit the DB right in the numbers, spent most of the game shaking his head at himself
style points mean zero, but it was a poor showing, the team overcame a poor showing I think a lot of the team played poorly, Brock had as bad a game as anyone in red

Don't disagree with any of this. Do conditions matter? Does losing our #1 WR matter? Does playing from behind the whole game matter? Does having a poor pass blocking OL matter? Do dropped balls matter?

The answer is yes. And he found a way to overcome all of that. EPIC playoff win. And you and others want to dwell on the bad plays and shaky stats. Sure, by all means. But this is on par with random spending a week blaming Jimmy for Kittle's dropped pass in our glorious 13-10 win at Green Bay. Absolutely pathetic in my opinion.

I don't think he likes throwing a wet ball I think that impacts him more than most QBs, I think without conditions he's a different QB

Every QB is better without rain. But see what you want to see. Seems like a tough way to be a fan. Pointless in my opinion.

• Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Koldo:

Okay.

Bad day for you, isn't it?

Shanahan is a joke. Top HC my ass!

I hate Shanahan most of the time.

Not at all. And your hate is appreciated and welcome. Stick around.

Nice deflection.

Don't despair, Brock may suck and lose next game. Happiness will be then complete.
I think they need to find a football field sized building with a sprinkler system and practice in the rain.

Have Brock throw a wet football.

Okay.

Bad day for you, isn't it?

Shanahan is a joke. Top HC my ass!

I hate Shanahan most of the time.

Not at all. And your hate is appreciated and welcome. Stick around.

Nice deflection.

Don't despair, Brock may suck and lose next game. Happiness will be then complete.

We welcome the hate bro!! That same guy you hate is going to get Purdy the contract of his life!

But keep the hate comin!!
#ReceiptsMatter

Good thing Vegas is a dome!
I think we're so used to seeing Brock accuracy and timing, hitting guys in stride. In the rain his accuracy would be off, we think it's terrible, his guys actually had to work for catching the ball. Not much different than a usual game from Eli Manning in NY
Share 49ersWebzone