There are 172 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Unreal what some of you are saying and no clue what game you were watching. Raining. No Deebo. CMC banged up. OL getting dominated. WR's dropping balls. Defense getting gashed for chunk plays. 0-30. Purdy overcame all of that.

let's get a lil real, BA cooked his matchup and Brock couldn't hit the broadside of the barn, he was high to JJ, he whiffed a screen pass
he got pick 6'd but for GB dropping the ball, hit the DB right in the numbers, spent most of the game shaking his head at himself
style points mean zero, but it was a poor showing, the team overcame a poor showing I think a lot of the team played poorly, Brock had as bad a game as anyone in red

Don't disagree with any of this. Do conditions matter? Does losing our #1 WR matter? Does playing from behind the whole game matter? Does having a poor pass blocking OL matter? Do dropped balls matter?

The answer is yes. And he found a way to overcome all of that. EPIC playoff win. And you and others want to dwell on the bad plays and shaky stats. Sure, by all means. But this is on par with random spending a week blaming Jimmy for Kittle's dropped pass in our glorious 13-10 win at Green Bay. Absolutely pathetic in my opinion.

I don't think he likes throwing a wet ball I think that impacts him more than most QBs, I think without conditions he's a different QB

Every QB is better without rain. But see what you want to see. Seems like a tough way to be a fan. Pointless in my opinion.

Love had some nice throws, especially in that first half when he rolled out and threw that perfect pass near the sidelines.

I think it's a bit valid, it's just biology there. You got big ass hands it's easier to grip it. It also effected Love on some throws, but it looked like Purdy a bit more, but that's also due to the rust there.

In the end hand size didn't matter, but the size of their balls
I love Brock_STAR. But man wet weather is his Kryptonite. He did put together the last drive and win. So great and give him credit. I hope Deebo is OK and we are a full deck next week. I hate wet games with this team.
I LOVE BROCK! Wasn't his best game but his finest moment! A lot to build off of and a lot to improve on.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think we're so used to seeing Brock accuracy and timing, hitting guys in stride. In the rain his accuracy would be off, we think it's terrible, his guys actually had to work for catching the ball. Not much different than a usual game from Eli Manning in NY

Agree with the guys who say he needs to practice more in rainy conditions, wet balls, and throw with gloves now and a bit for next week and in the offseason.
That drive was Montana-ish

*sigh* love you BP!!
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I love Brock_STAR. But man wet weather is his Kryptonite. He did put together the last drive and win. So great and give him credit. I hope Deebo is OK and we are a full deck next week. I hate wet games with this team.

Same, I hope Deebo is ok. He's such a big part of this offense, and when he went down, a big part of the heart of this team was affected.
What's crazy is that in FRANCHISE HISTORY - we've only won 5 games when down by 7+ in the fourth. One of them is the super bowl against the bengals.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Unreal what some of you are saying and no clue what game you were watching. Raining. No Deebo. CMC banged up. OL getting dominated. WR's dropping balls. Defense getting gashed for chunk plays. 0-30. Purdy overcame all of that.

let's get a lil real, BA cooked his matchup and Brock couldn't hit the broadside of the barn, he was high to JJ, he whiffed a screen pass
he got pick 6'd but for GB dropping the ball, hit the DB right in the numbers, spent most of the game shaking his head at himself
style points mean zero, but it was a poor showing, the team overcame a poor showing I think a lot of the team played poorly, Brock had as bad a game as anyone in red

Don't disagree with any of this. Do conditions matter? Does losing our #1 WR matter? Does playing from behind the whole game matter? Does having a poor pass blocking OL matter? Do dropped balls matter?

The answer is yes. And he found a way to overcome all of that. EPIC playoff win. And you and others want to dwell on the bad plays and shaky stats. Sure, by all means. But this is on par with random spending a week blaming Jimmy for Kittle's dropped pass in our glorious 13-10 win at Green Bay. Absolutely pathetic in my opinion.

I don't think he likes throwing a wet ball I think that impacts him more than most QBs, I think without conditions he's a different QB

Every QB is better without rain. But see what you want to see. Seems like a tough way to be a fan. Pointless in my opinion.

Love had some nice throws, especially in that first half when he rolled out and threw that perfect pass near the sidelines.

I think it's a bit valid, it's just biology there. You got big ass hands it's easier to grip it. It also effected Love on some throws, but it looked like Purdy a bit more, but that's also due to the rust there.

Again I don't disagree. Of course it would be better if Purdy had bigger hands, was a bit taller, had a stronger arm, etc. But he doesn't, so why dwell on it? These dudes are literally crying about Purdy's shortcomings after an epic, come from behind playoff win. What a miserable way to be a fan.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
What's crazy is that in FRANCHISE HISTORY - we've only won 5 games when down by 7+ in the fourth. One of them is the super bowl against the bengals.

But Purdy would be better in the rain with bigger hands! Lol
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Same, I hope Deebo is ok. He's such a big part of this offense, and when he went down, a big part of the heart of this team was affected.

I agree for sure.

All Kyle's fault

Again I don't disagree. Of course it would be better if Purdy had bigger hands, was a bit taller, had a stronger arm, etc. But he doesn't, so why dwell on it? These dudes are literally crying about Purdy's shortcomings after an epic, come from behind playoff win. What a miserable way to be a fan.

Ya that's pretty ridiculous. Same with the people b***hing about Kyle...

Proud of how this team overcame everything. This is the type of game you need in the playoffs if you wanna go all the way.

Big props to the Packers as well, that's a damn good team they got. I knew it would be a bit of a slugfest but definitely didn't expect that.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
I think we're so used to seeing Brock accuracy and timing, hitting guys in stride. In the rain his accuracy would be off, we think it's terrible, his guys actually had to work for catching the ball. Not much different than a usual game from Eli Manning in NY

Agree with the guys who say he needs to practice more in rainy conditions, wet balls, and throw with gloves now and a bit for next week and in the offseason.

It may help but I don't think it will ever go away. I suspect a lot of his accuracy comes from his grip on the ball more so than other qb. He loses some of that accuracy when it's wet. Same reason with takingboff the gloves. He needs to have that finger grip and touches.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 20, 2024 at 9:51 PM ]
Originally posted by Dshearn:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Dave Lombardi post game YouTube video, saying Purdy turned into Joe Montana at the end of this game. I mean come on I really like Lombardi and what he does covering the team, but good grief dude that's a damn exaggeration. I mean if he was really comparing something Brock did on that last drive to the most iconic play in the history of the NFL he really needs to check his Purdy fanboy-ness.

Yeah struggle in a game, and then throw ice cold darts on the final drive to advance in the playoffs..... Don't have a clue why that would summon up memories of Joe. Montana ( for fans that actually know and watched Joe Montana)

Ya definitely not like the game where Joe had 3 picks until the he put together the game winning drive that became known as The Catch

Guess I had no idea Montana committed 4 TOs before the infamous "the catch" which BTW he still wants to change the name of that to "the throw" lol. But he's wrong cuz he was literally trying to throw the ball away. Clark just used all of his 6'4" to make the most iconic play of all time.

But Purdy would be better in the rain with bigger hands! Lol

That is a true statement.....

another True statement would be, he would be better in the rain with Jerry Rice

Yet another true statement is he would be better with CBs on par with Ronnie Lott and Eric Wright

As it is though, we will have suffer with his 3-1 playoff record.
Share 49ersWebzone