There are 253 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Just getting home and I am soaked. Purdy was definitely not sharp, and the rain affected a lot of passes, but again think things are a bit overblown with his accuracy.

The "high" pass to Jennings was because Jennings slipped. The too far in front pass to Kittle was because Kittle got bumped off his route. And I am not sure if this was shown on TV, but after Brock looked to have thrown an errant pass to Ray Ray, Brock was chewing him out on the sidelines. Clearly that indicates Ray Ray ran a s**t/wrong route.

I did think he played a bit timid and didn't let some rip that he normally does but man, that last drive was something special. The pass over the linebackers to Jennings down the middle, the 3rd down to Conley at the sideline. This is exactly what many wanted to see from Purdy, and he delivered.
Originally posted by tankle104:
What's crazy is that in FRANCHISE HISTORY - we've only won 5 games when down by 7+ in the fourth. One of them is the super bowl against the bengals.

Ya it's not easy. There's so many other coaches out there that only have a couple of wins in that scenario.

It's a stupid stat that people will throw out that don't know football.
To add on, Brock had every reason to play bad. It was wet. He lost Deebo (and man does our offense look different without him). His OL played poorly. CMC didn't have a great game outside of a handful of plays.

But he sure nutted up when it counted
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Just getting home and I am soaked. Purdy was definitely not sharp, and the rain affected a lot of passes, but again think things are a bit overblown with his accuracy.

The "high" pass to Jennings was because Jennings slipped. The too far in front pass to Kittle was because Kittle got bumped off his route. And I am not sure if this was shown on TV, but after Brock looked to have thrown an errant pass to Ray Ray, Brock was chewing him out on the sidelines. Clearly that indicates Ray Ray ran a s**t/wrong route.

I did think he played a bit timid and didn't let some rip that he normally does but man, that last drive was something special. The pass over the linebackers to Jennings down the middle, the 3rd down to Conley at the sideline. This is exactly what many wanted to see from Purdy, and he delivered.

Yes....someone did point out that he cut the wrong way. Good confirmation on it.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by tankle104:
What's crazy is that in FRANCHISE HISTORY - we've only won 5 games when down by 7+ in the fourth. One of them is the super bowl against the bengals.

But Purdy would be better in the rain with bigger hands! Lol

Doesn't hE have the same size hands as Mahommes? I think it's more of a grip strength issue, if it's an issue at all.
To add on, Brock had every reason to play bad. It was wet. He lost Deebo (and man does our offense look different without him). His OL played poorly. CMC didn't have a great game outside of a handful of plays.

I love me some Shanny 2.0...I love Deebo too

but damn

This offense is too damn predicated on Deebo and the motion game. We flat out rely on Deebo moving people on defense.

We also almost have to have play action or extra blockers....

We don't have a line that can deal with and empty back field with out PA, or blockers....not with the rout depth we try to push the ball to.

That is on Kyle..... can't fix the players, we have to adjust the game plan.

Next week, what is the over/under on running to the left again? We spent an entire game running to the right, knowing our strength is to the left....it has to be us setting something up next for next week.
Played liked s**t in a big game in wet weather again. But when it counted he showed up.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

You were at the game? BRO! I have never heard Levi's like that. Had to be absolutely electric. Thank you for your contribution to the win, fans were IN IT tonight.

Agreed on all of your points, especially that throw to Ray Ray. Purdy threw him open, Ray Ray didn't anticipate it and just sat behind the defender. Clearly Purdy expected him to work towards the open area.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

Yup, it was a bad game from Brock, for many reasons, but he got it done in the end. That's the sign of a franchise QB. Next week - hopefully all the rust and playoff butterflies are gone.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

You were at the game? BRO! I have never heard Levi's like that. Had to be absolutely electric. Thank you for your contribution to the win, fans were IN IT tonight.

Agreed on all of your points, especially that throw to Ray Ray. Purdy threw him open, Ray Ray didn't anticipate it and just sat behind the defender. Clearly Purdy expected him to work towards the open area.

If Deebo was in, and not injured, I'm pretty sure Deebo would have run the right route/done the correct thing. Deebo's injury plus the rain really threw the offense off today.

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame

Great observations thank you.

I am really curious about the Ray Ray pass.

...and he outplayed two of the QBs that were rated above him by the national media.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by dj43:

...and he outplayed two of the QBs that were rated above him by the national media.

BPs game stats were not terrible either.

Yeah I have had season tickets since 93. My voice is wrecked. Levi's was absolutely rocking, in spite of the fact that our players gave us every reason not to be loud.
Originally posted by Crown:

Great observations thank you.

I am really curious about the Ray Ray pass.

That was all there to for a huge gain and possible TD
Share 49ersWebzone