There are 324 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
To add on, Brock had every reason to play bad. It was wet. He lost Deebo (and man does our offense look different without him). His OL played poorly. CMC didn't have a great game outside of a handful of plays.

But he sure nutted up when it counted
His stats were decent but he didnt play a great game thats for sure. I thought he had turned into Jimmy G with 3 passes that could easily have been picked. I chalk it up mostly to the weather and the bottom line is that he came thru in the end.
Brock Purdy had one of his worst performances as a pro, but also had his most clutch moment to date.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Brock Purdy had one of his worst performances as a pro, but also had his most clutch moment to date.

Guess we can cross his comeback requirements off the list.
i am surprised more people are not talking about the play where he tried to wipe his throwing hand on his pants in the middle of a play before he threw the ball lol. That was crazy. Clearly the wet ball was effecting him in some way. I am not sure if i should be impressed he tried to do that or not.
Originally posted by Bloodless:
i am surprised more people are not talking about the play where he tried to wipe his throwing hand on his pants in the middle of a play before he threw the ball lol. That was crazy. Clearly the wet ball was effecting him in some way. I am not sure if i should be impressed he tried to do that or not.

ya that was nuts/hilarious

That was bonkers. Have to control the ball.

Forecast for next week is clear, lol.
  • Cosmo
We were 0-30 when trailing by 7 or more in the 4th under Shanahan until tonight?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Montana threw 3 picks before finding dwight clark for the catch.

can we lay off Purdy and enjoy watching the young star rise?
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

That was bonkers. Have to control the ball.

Forecast for next week is clear, lol.

I love Brock. But we really need to hope for dry games with this guy. I think we need a tent top cover on the stadium for winter wet weather.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 20, 2024 at 10:20 PM ]
Man one thing about Brock is that he won't back down. Even in the Browns game he put us in a good position to win the game. As long as he's healthy we're in every game. Confidence is building after this gamem

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

One thing not mentioned much was the fact that GB DL was in Brock's face all night. I'm more disappointed in our OL than I am with Brock.
[ Edited by bigpete50 on Jan 20, 2024 at 10:21 PM ]
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:

3 picks and a fumble in that game. Imagine criticizing Montana and crying that he doesn't have elite measurables after The Catch. Lol
Originally posted by Giedi:
Yup, it was a bad game from Brock, for many reasons, but he got it done in the end. That's the sign of a franchise QB. Next week - hopefully all the rust and playoff butterflies are gone.

I don't see it as bad as some are painting it.

The middle penetration that Clark, Wyatt, and Slaton were getting was forcing Purdy to throw the ball over them or past their hands. Brendel was getting rag-dolled on numerous plays. RG got shoved around. Banks didn't hold up all that well. For most of the game, Purdy did not have clean windows to see the field and throw. That stuff doesn't show up on the stat sheets but it certainly influences the play. On numerous occasions, Clark looked like another Chris Jones.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Crown:

3 picks and a fumble in that game. Imagine criticizing Montana and crying that he doesn't have elite measurables after The Catch. Lol

This is a game that jimmy would've lost. He's the qb that needs a perfect game to win it. This is a type of game that Alex Smith that lost for us back in 2011. Purdy struggled and missed throws but man he clutched up at the end. He's proving people wrong idc.
Worst game I have seen from Purdy but yet was clutch at the end and have a couple of tough good throws. Odd performance overall but my take away is he can't really play in the rain. Weird negative to have I guess we'll have to live with
Share 49ersWebzone