There are 314 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Crown:
Montana threw 3 picks before finding dwight clark for the catch.

can we lay off Purdy and enjoy watching the young star rise?

Originally posted by Cosmo:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Brock Purdy had one of his worst performances as a pro, but also had his most clutch moment to date.

Guess we can cross his comeback requirements off the list.

This.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Bloodless:
i am surprised more people are not talking about the play where he tried to wipe his throwing hand on his pants in the middle of a play before he threw the ball lol. That was crazy. Clearly the wet ball was effecting him in some way. I am not sure if i should be impressed he tried to do that or not.

That was bonkers. Have to control the ball.

Forecast for next week is clear, lol.

I love Brock. But we really need to hope for dry games with this guy. I think we need a tent top cover on the stadium for winter wet weather.

Here is an article on him wiping his hand mid play. I want to try to find a video of it.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/10149020/brock-purdy-wiping-hands-during-play-49ers-packers/
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Furlow:

3 picks and a fumble in that game. Imagine criticizing Montana and crying that he doesn't have elite measurables after The Catch. Lol

haha yeah.

well its happening tonight in this thread (not saying he is montana)
i am surprised more people are not talking about the play where he tried to wipe his throwing hand on his pants in the middle of a play before he threw the ball lol. That was crazy. Clearly the wet ball was effecting him in some way. I am not sure if i should be impressed he tried to do that or not.

I love Brock. But we really need to hope for dry games with this guy. I think we need a tent top cover on the stadium for winter wet weather.

Here is an article on him wiping his hand mid play. I want to try to find a video of it.

https://www.the-sun.com/sport/10149020/brock-purdy-wiping-hands-during-play-49ers-packers/

If rain is his weakness, playing in California is best case scenario for him lol. Too bad rain season over here is literally during playoff time.
I feel like Brock didn't play a great game, by any stretch, but I feel like it looked worse than it actually was. Yea, the weather def impacted him. I b***hed a ton all week about the weather and some tried to say the rain didn't matter, have to be out of your mind if you think that.

i also think deebo being out was huge and wrecked the whole game plan. He doesn't seem to have the same chemistry with Ray Ray and jennings when they're in the deebo role, which makes me think they aren't executing as well as they should be in their assignments.

also, give the packers credit/respect. They played a hell of a game. Their defense played tight, aggressive coverage all night. Their d line abused our o line. Some of Brock being off was the pressure on him.

it was a wet game, with injuries, against a red hot team (that I underestimated) and for all the marbles. That was big boy ball right there and the packers freakin WANTED it.

i think we are going to be better off for surviving a game like this. I also hope deebo isn't too hurt. We will probably not have him next week and have to hope he's back by the super bowl (because of the bye week).
Originally posted by Furlow:

3 picks and a fumble in that game. Imagine criticizing Montana and crying that he doesn't have elite measurables after The Catch. Lol

haha yeah.

well its happening tonight in this thread (not saying he is montana)

Well, Montana wasn't Montana quite yet then either.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
If rain is his weakness, playing in California is best case scenario for him lol. Too bad rain season over here is literally during playoff time.

Rain season didn't even exist in Cali for the last 20 years. It's just reappeared for the last two years. Lol just our luck. I f**kin HATE rain games.

i wonder if Brock can fix his wet ball issues with just strengthening his grip this off season.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I feel like Brock didn't play a great game, by any stretch, but I feel like it looked worse than it actually was. Yea, the weather def impacted him. I b***hed a ton all week about the weather and some tried to say the rain didn't matter, have to be out of your mind if you think that.

i also think deebo being out was huge and wrecked the whole game plan. He doesn't seem to have the same chemistry with Ray Ray and jennings when they're in the deebo role, which makes me think they aren't executing as well as they should be in their assignments.

also, give the packers credit/respect. They played a hell of a game. Their defense played tight, aggressive coverage all night. Their d line abused our o line. Some of Brock being off was the pressure on him.

it was a wet game, with injuries, against a red hot team (that I underestimated) and for all the marbles. That was big boy ball right there and the packers freakin WANTED it.

i think we are going to be better off for surviving a game like this. I also hope deebo isn't too hurt. We will probably not have him next week and have to hope he's back by the super bowl (because of the bye week).

A reasonable take!

• Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigpete50:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Brock Purdy had one of his worst performances as a pro, but also had his most clutch moment to date.

One thing not mentioned much was the fact that GB DL was in Brock's face all night. I'm more disappointed in our OL than I am with Brock.

This was the worst game I've seen the OL play all season. Pass pro and run blocking were absolutely terrible.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Good post.

Don't feel bad about underestimating Green Bay. A lot of folks were carried away by the #7 seed. They are/were a much better team than that. I was preaching all week that this would be a closer game than many thought because they had not taken the time to study them. They are only a player here and there from being a top 10 team.

Maybe we garner the funds for a retractable?
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Share 49ersWebzone