There are 294 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Furlow:
You almost had it. So close. Maybe next game the Niners will lose so you can celebrate.

You have NY confused with NCommand. NY has no money on the 9ers failing to my knowledge.

Furlow's a selective policer.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dude played pretty horrible. No way around it, he's gonna have to get that s**t out of here if we want to win it all.

glad he (and the team) won a dirty game. Time to clean s**t up.

This.

He played like Jimmy G for like 95% of the game, then played like he had that dawg in him on the last drive. Definitely needs to be cleaned up.
the 7th round QB in his 2nd season, who won, is getting more criticism in the media than the 1st round QB in his 4th year, who lost
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
He's a young player, it's the divisional round, f**king rain, let's face it, it was really difficult for him most of the game. And it was one of his worst performances as a Pro which in a way tells a lot about the surreal side of Brock Purdy's career so far.
But he had the TD pass to Kittle and that last drive. At the end of the day, it's the POs. You want wins not QB stats trophy.
He's tough mentally.
The Niners would have probably lost the game with Jimmy G and I know some people don't like Jimmy but still he was a really good player for this Franchise. And unfortunetaly, he was never able to be a plus factor in the POs.
Brock got the job done when it mattered the most. Everyone down on him right now because he struggles playing in the rain. Well thank God he plays in SF and not Seattle. If that's his only Achilles heal then we are in good hands.
  • Cosmo
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Brock got the job done when it mattered the most. Everyone down on him right now because he struggles playing in the rain. Well thank God he plays in SF and not Seattle. If that's his only Achilles heal then we are in good hands.

If it IS an Achilles heel, maybe, just MAYBE it would be a good idea to practice more with wet balls in order to come up with a plan on how to be better. It irritates that Kyle refuses to do that, so maybe Brock should take the initiative. This will not be the last rainy game he plays. If he practiced more with those conditions, he could either become more adept in it, or find a solution such as wearing a glove.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

No, sir. He actually makes plays when it counts.
lol no he does not.

Did you watch the end of the game? Knew his throwing was off when it was wet and got us close to the goal for the go-ahead.
he was lucky, that's all. it's not the first time that he sucked when the game was tight. I don't have the feeling that he can carry this offense yet.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
If you still doubt Brock after that last drive, just leave this forum.
i do start doubting him.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
national media

Love who has been in the league twice as long as Purdy and has been succeed for about 1/4th the time gets absolved of his picks but Purdy who admittedly cant throw a wet ball is knocked despite a winning drive.

You forget Love is one of the seven terrific QBs.
????
Purdy was clutch in that final drive. Answered a question that needed to be answered. Then there's Love who was inaccurate as well and LOST his team the game on the INT'S AND FAILED Qb sneak. Purdy was GREAT with his sneaks and mobility today.

Just needs practice with wet balls

Hopefully Purdy will be able to start off better than he did from this game (referring exclusively to the two almost-picks)

not sure if misreading those was a combination of jitters, wet ball, or what, but this win surely will bode well for him
Dude played pretty horrible. No way around it, he's gonna have to get that s**t out of here if we want to win it all.

You almost had it. So close. Maybe next game the Niners will lose so you can celebrate.

Dude stop being a prick… Get over the people vs Brock shtick. This isn't about you and your feelings.

He's our QB and he's HAS to play better than whatever that was. If we want to win the whole thing.

you want to defend him no matter how bad he plays then argue with someone else. I've been nothing but supportive of him all this season. He's played well, whatever that was last night. He can't play like and win a SB.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 21, 2024 at 4:12 AM ]

Dude stop being a prick… Get over the people vs Brock shtick. This isn't about you and your feelings.

He's our QB and he's HAS to play better than whatever that was. If we want to win the whole thing.

you want to defend him no matter how bad he plays then argue with someone else. I've been nothing but supportive of him all this season.

grow up.

Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:

I'm done arguing about people's feelings on a player. Dude can't let it go.

I've been nothing but supportive of Brock this yr. Anyone who reads in here saw that.

If he's incapable of being objective over a football game, that's his problem.

block and move on…ain't nobody got time to argue that's dumb s**t.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
You have NY confused with NCommand. NY has no money on the 9ers failing to my knowledge.

I have too much time invested to want this team to fail. Some folks want to make it about them and other posters. Rather then just talk about the game.
Share 49ersWebzone