There are 282 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Purdy was clutch in that final drive. Answered a question that needed to be answered. Then there's Love who was inaccurate as well and LOST his team the game on the INT'S AND FAILED Qb sneak. Purdy was GREAT with his sneaks and mobility today.

Just needs practice with wet balls
he sucked most of the game. not for the first time when a game was close. Bad games happen but they happen to him more often than not when it matters.

I think it's obvious teams are figuring him and Kyle's scheme out slowly but surely. The Oline giving up pressure way too fast is also not helping. Yet Kyle wants to keep him in the pocket. Run the ball more and move the pocket. Maybe he needs to scramble more to make defenses honest. That 15 yd run before CMC's game winning TD was a back breaker to Green Bay.

Not worried about Purdy. He missed some throws but is usually very accurate. Seems to not play well in the rain. He will be fine.
Originally posted by captveg:
Does it though?

79% great or better games seems like a pretty high rate, but maybe that's just me.

I'll take 4 good games out of 5.
Originally posted by Furlow:
You've been hoping on his downfall ALL SEASON.

No he hasn't and you're really degrading the quality of discussion here. Discuss football for a change instead of personal feelings?
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by 49erKing:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Purdy was clutch in that final drive. Answered a question that needed to be answered. Then there's Love who was inaccurate as well and LOST his team the game on the INT'S AND FAILED Qb sneak. Purdy was GREAT with his sneaks and mobility today.

Just needs practice with wet balls
he sucked most of the game. not for the first time when a game was close. Bad games happen but they happen to him more often than not when it matters.

I think it's obvious teams are figuring him and Kyle's scheme out slowly but surely. The Oline giving up pressure way too fast is also not helping. Yet Kyle wants to keep him in the pocket. Run the ball more and move the pocket. Maybe he needs to scramble more to make defenses honest. That 15 yd run before CMC's game winning TD was a back breaker to Green Bay.

Not worried about Purdy. He missed some throws but is usually very accurate. Seems to not play well in the rain. He will be fine.

No more rain for the rest of this season. Purdy needs to work on that in the offseason.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

No, sir. He actually makes plays when it counts.
lol no he does not.

Did you watch the end of the game? Knew his throwing was off when it was wet and got us close to the goal for the go-ahead.
he was lucky, that's all. it's not the first time that he sucked when the game was tight. I don't have the feeling that he can carry this offense yet.

With all the tools in the shed and in the right conditions, I think he has.

Only questions that remain is when you take those things away and things that caused him to slip in the draft, like those tiny hands.

Not sure what you can do about the latter but with Deebo out and all the pressure on him, he certainly trended in the right direction.

I'm certain we'll be looking @ a backup QB to draft that can come in here and develop.
[ Edited by random49er on Jan 21, 2024 at 7:00 AM ]
Originally posted by babarvaart:
Does it though?

79% great or better games seems like a pretty high rate, but maybe that's just me.

I'll take 4 good games out of 5.

Right?!
Also I'm tired of improvisational quarterback play. Quarterback play have been s**t these last couple of years and the game is changing right before our eyes like the NBA transitioning to the 3 point shot.

Coaches want quarterbacks to run around and keep the ball alive and make a play. This is not sustainable and quite aesthetically bad to watch. The 49ers and Brock still run actual plays. Timing, blocking and route running are emphasized in the offense. A more controlled style of football rather than your sandlot style quarterback reliant offense. No surprise so many QBs were hurt this year and the previous year.

L
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
No more rain for the rest of this season. Purdy needs to work on that in the offseason.

ROFL

Good one.
That last drive was like the Superbowl Joe..."Great players aren't always great. But they're great when they need to be."
That last drive was like the Superbowl Joe..."Great players aren't always great. But they're great when they need to be."

but apparently he sucks and Jordan Love played great.

-National media

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

lol no he does not.

Did you watch the end of the game? Knew his throwing was off when it was wet and got us close to the goal for the go-ahead.
he was lucky, that's all. it's not the first time that he sucked when the game was tight. I don't have the feeling that he can carry this offense yet.

Only questions that remain is when you take those things away and things that caused him to slip in the draft, like those tiny hands.

Not sure what you can do in the draft but with Deebo out and all the pressure on him, he certainly trended in the right direction.

I'm certain we'll be looking @ a backup QB to draft that can come in here and develop.

Darnold
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:

-National media

Well, that's a given.

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

lol no he does not.

Not sure what you can do in the draft but with Deebo out and all the pressure on him, he certainly trended in the right direction.

Darnold

Darnold will likely go somewhere he believes he can compete to be the starter, and will cost too much for the Niners next year.

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

lol no he does not.

Darnold

Darnold will likely go somewhere he believes he can compete to be the starter, and will cost too much for the Niners next year.

His opportunity to be a starter is gone.
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:

-National media

Who had two turnovers? lol so dumb. Who actually led their team on a game winning drive? Let them keep hating on Brock and let him keep winning.

That bs aside he played fairly bad last night until the end. Let's hope this is a building block for him and he's beast mode next week.

I reminded myself mid game last night the kid is 23 and in his second season. 1-0 when trailing in the 4th. I wonder if Kyle went pass heavy because he wants to get Purdy as many reps as possible in these big games so he gets the experience. I felt like he didn't want to go the jimmy g route of like 9 passes all game.
Share 49ersWebzone