There are 282 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
He played like Jimmy G for like 95% of the game, then played like he had that dawg in him on the last drive. Definitely needs to be cleaned up.

This

He obviously has a real issue playing with a wet ball. The thing is, Love had his issues with a wet ball as well. Most of GB's big passing plays were on plays where our DB slipped and Ambry Thomas. Neither QB was all that accurate for much of the game. But when it matter most, our QB put his team on his back and found a way to advance to the NFCC.

Without a doubt it played a part, overall he was very inaccurate though. Like not even close on some balls. He doesn't have the biggest hands. Maybe he's gotta practice with a glove more?

Sounds like the weather next week is mid 60s and sunny

Are we buying into the "wet ball" theory too much? Not sure why he was wa-a-a-y off tonight. The packers probably borrowed a page from Baltimore and crowded the deep hash area. Maybe we didn't prepare very well for that. Losing deebs threw a lot of practice time out the window. Our line got bullied -- he was getting flat out hit, like, every other release.

Big picture -- not worried. He's only a sophomore playing behind trent williams + four journeyman. Remember at this point in Joe's career, he was just getting off the bench. Brock has already set historic records.
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

No, sir. He actually makes plays when it counts.
lol no he does not.

Did you watch the end of the game? Knew his throwing was off when it was wet and got us close to the goal for the go-ahead.
he was lucky, that's all. it's not the first time that he sucked when the game was tight. I don't have the feeling that he can carry this offense yet.

With all the tools in the shed and in the right conditions, I think he has.

Only questions that remain is when you take those things away and things that caused him to slip in the draft, like those tiny hands.

Not sure what you can do in the draft but with Deebo out and all the pressure on him, he certainly trended in the right direction.

I'm certain we'll be looking @ a backup QB to draft that can come in here and develop.

Darnold

Darnold will likely go somewhere he believes he can compete to be the starter, and will cost too much for the Niners next year.

His opportunity to be a starter is gone.

Likely, but he'll also be able to get more $ this offseason on the "I spent a year at school Shanahan" sales pitch and some other team will eat it up. That other team may also have a far less solid QB pecking order in place. I mean, some of the guys forced to start this past season...
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Originally posted by NCommand:
That last drive was like the Superbowl Joe..."Great players aren't always great. But they're great when they need to be."

but apparently he sucks and Jordan Love played great.

-National media

Who had two turnovers? lol so dumb. Who actually led their team on a game winning drive? Let them keep hating on Brock and let him keep winning.

That bs aside he played fairly bad last night until the end. Let's hope this is a building block for him and he's beast mode next week.

I reminded myself mid game last night the kid is 23 and in his second season. 1-0 when trailing in the 4th. I wonder if Kyle went pass heavy because he wants to get Purdy as many reps as possible in these big games so he gets the experience. I felt like he didn't want to go the jimmy g route of like 9 passes all game.

We as fans definitely forget he is a second year QB and that should tell you alot.
With the win last night - niners tied the patriots for most post season wins by an organization of all time!

eff this B

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
The LEGEND of Purdy grows.

He had a terrible game....
...Yet he won.

Go watch the Dwight Clark Catch game to put some perspective on your eggs and bacon this morning.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tankle104:

eff this B

Hell yeah RG3!!!! It's so stupid that people are rooting against Purdy., Purdy is the ultimate underdog story, this is a story you can make a movie out of.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
With the win last night - niners tied the patriots for most post season wins by an organization of all time!

Wow! That's a pretty cool stat. Specially with the Pat's in turmoil right now.

Our little game manager on a clutch game winning drive lol

Suck it haters

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 21, 2024 at 6:40 AM ]

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
The LEGEND of Purdy grows.

He had a terrible game....
...Yet he won.

Go watch the Dwight Clark Catch game to put some perspective on your eggs and bacon this morning.

Agree💯%. Back then in '81, Joe was a nobody too, in the eyes of the media. As you pointed out well - His legend continues to grow.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Wow! That's a pretty cool stat. Specially with the Pat's in turmoil right now.

Awesome. Great stat.
[ Edited by TD49ers on Jan 21, 2024 at 6:40 AM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I love Brock. But we really need to hope for dry games with this guy. I think we need a tent top cover on the stadium for winter wet weather.

I'm with you on this brother. Someone call Jed to make it happen lol.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JC_916:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I love Brock. But we really need to hope for dry games with this guy. I think we need a tent top cover on the stadium for winter wet weather.

I'm with you on this brother. Someone call Jed to make it happen lol.

He just has to get comfortable wearing gloves in the rain. This is on the equipment manager to get him some gloves that he's comfortable with. If Joe can throw with gloves, so can Purdy.
Soon to be 3 Terrific QBs and Brock Purdy.
Share 49ersWebzone