There are 272 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Furlow:
You've been hoping on his downfall ALL SEASON.

No he hasn't and you're really degrading the quality of discussion here. Discuss football for a change instead of personal feelings?

You can mute me if you like. I'm holding him accountable for his previous assessment of Purdy, and attempt to play both sides.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by tankle104:

eff this B

Hell yeah RG3!!!! It's so stupid that people are rooting against Purdy., Purdy is the ultimate underdog story, this is a story you can make a movie out of.

Dear Amy,
you are irrelevant and you are football stupid. Your takes clearly demonstrate you wasted 20 years of experience in the NFL. Stfu and go hide under the rock of has beens who never will be. Alternatively, keep posting to cement your place in history…as an idiot.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dude played pretty horrible. No way around it, he's gonna have to get that s**t out of here if we want to win it all.

glad he (and the team) won a dirty game. Time to clean s**t up.

You almost had it. So close. Maybe next game the Niners will lose so you can celebrate.

Dude stop being a prick… Get over the people vs Brock shtick. This isn't about you and your feelings.

He's our QB and he's HAS to play better than whatever that was. If we want to win the whole thing.

you want to defend him no matter how bad he plays then argue with someone else. I've been nothing but supportive of him all this season. He's played well, whatever that was last night. He can't play like and win a SB.

You've been hoping on his downfall ALL SEASON. You disappear when he's playing great and the team is winning and then pop back up when he plays poorly and they lose. You sneak in "I told you so" comments in the game day thread during losses.

Not once have you said you were wrong in your previous assessment of him. Will you do that now? Let's hear it, man. Clear the air and claim Purdy is a franchise QB in your eyes. But if you do, you don't get to come back later and say "I told you so" if he and the Niners fail.

Can't have it both ways, which is what you're attempting to do. Not fooling me.

Since random likes to clip responses, here is my full statement and question to NY. He can clear the air for us at anytime and claim Purdy as his franchise QB.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

No, sir. He actually makes plays when it counts.
lol no he does not.

Did you watch the end of the game? Knew his throwing was off when it was wet and got us close to the goal for the go-ahead.
he was lucky, that's all. it's not the first time that he sucked when the game was tight. I don't have the feeling that he can carry this offense yet.

With all the tools in the shed and in the right conditions, I think he has.

Only questions that remain is when you take those things away and things that caused him to slip in the draft, like those tiny hands.

Not sure what you can do in the draft but with Deebo out and all the pressure on him, he certainly trended in the right direction.

I'm certain we'll be looking @ a backup QB to draft that can come in here and develop.

Darnold

Darnold will likely go somewhere he believes he can compete to be the starter, and will cost too much for the Niners next year.

His opportunity to be a starter is gone.

Likely, but he'll also be able to get more $ this offseason on the "I spent a year at school Shanahan" sales pitch and some other team will eat it up. That other team may also have a far less solid QB pecking order in place. I mean, some of the guys forced to start this past season...

Personally I'd love for ShanaLynch to take a shot at a day 3 QB, someone that has some raw talent and promise but doesn't have a lot of experience as the QB 3, and have Brandon Allen be QB 2. But that's after they draft some OLinemen.

I don't think they'll have the cap space to retain Sam.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Dear Amy,
you are irrelevant and you are football stupid. Your takes clearly demonstrate you wasted 20 years of experience in the NFL. Stfu and go hide under the rock of has beens who never will be. Alternatively, keep posting to cement your place in history…as an idiot.

Lmfao
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

eff this B

Hell yeah RG3!!!! It's so stupid that people are rooting against Purdy., Purdy is the ultimate underdog story, this is a story you can make a movie out of.

Dear Amy,

Agree 💯%, a 7th round pick beat a first round pick. How cool a story is that!
Originally posted by Giedi:

eff this B

Dear Amy,

Purdy will have to beat all first round picks if we win the Superbowl this year.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

eff this B

Dear Amy,

Purdy will have to beat all first round picks if we win the Superbowl this year.

Brock has beaten a lot of 1st round QB's in his short career so far. We got this.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

lol no he does not.

Did you watch the end of the game? Knew his throwing was off when it was wet and got us close to the goal for the go-ahead.
he was lucky, that's all. it's not the first time that he sucked when the game was tight. I don't have the feeling that he can carry this offense yet.

Only questions that remain is when you take those things away and things that caused him to slip in the draft, like those tiny hands.

Not sure what you can do in the draft but with Deebo out and all the pressure on him, he certainly trended in the right direction.

I'm certain we'll be looking @ a backup QB to draft that can come in here and develop.

Darnold

Darnold will likely go somewhere he believes he can compete to be the starter, and will cost too much for the Niners next year.

Likely, but he'll also be able to get more $ this offseason on the "I spent a year at school Shanahan" sales pitch and some other team will eat it up. That other team may also have a far less solid QB pecking order in place. I mean, some of the guys forced to start this past season...

Personally I'd love for ShanaLynch to take a shot at a day 3 QB, someone that has some raw talent and promise but doesn't have a lot of experience as the QB 3, and have Brandon Allen be QB 2. But that's after they draft some OLinemen.

Haha I saw people calling to put Sam in the game last night.
correction - we are now tied with the Packers & Patriots for most post season wins in NFL history at 37. we can take the sole lead if we win the NFCC.

I forgot that the packers won last week and that put them in contention. https://www.nbcsportsbayarea.com/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/nfl-playoffs-record-packers-divisional-round/1693748/

He just has to get comfortable wearing gloves in the rain. This is on the equipment manager to get him some gloves that he's comfortable with. If Joe can throw with gloves, so can Purdy.

For sure.

Here are some real things that can happen in the off season no doubt:

1. Work on grip strength - he's young can build this up still no doubt. This past off season he was re-habbing, this upcoming off season build up that grip strength of a gorilla.

2. Practice with gloves in simulated wet weather. Then practice some more...and more until 100% comfortable with it.

He plays in the bay area and winter time over here is usually rainy...more so Jan-March but it varies so he definitely needs to be prepared next season.

We've found his kyptonite and I believe he can over come it for sure. LFG!

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

lol no he does not.

Darnold

Sam sucks and is certainly nothing to lose sleep about. You hit the nail on the head. Draft some raw talent to develop behind Purdy and Allen assuming Sam leaves.

Purdy is our guy until he's not. I think this offseason he needs to throw a wet ball an hour a day. It's an obvious issue for him.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Purdy was clutch in that final drive. Answered a question that needed to be answered. Then there's Love who was inaccurate as well and LOST his team the game on the INT'S AND FAILED Qb sneak. Purdy was GREAT with his sneaks and mobility today.

Just needs practice with wet balls
he sucked most of the game. not for the first time when a game was close. Bad games happen but they happen to him more often than not when it matters.

Brock is going to be fine. That was a good GB defense that beat a pretty good Cowboys team in their home field. Even Brees had trouble when he played great defenses. Brees had some Especially bad games against some of our past legendary 49er defenses.

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

lol no he does not.

Not sure what you can do about the latter but with Deebo out and all the pressure on him, he certainly trended in the right direction.

Darnold

Lord no
With the comparison to Brees and him playing in a dome for many of his games, I'd love to know how Brees faired in wet conditions. 🤔
Share 49ersWebzone