Originally posted by TD49ers:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

No, sir. He actually makes plays when it counts.
lol no he does not.

Did you watch the end of the game? Knew his throwing was off when it was wet and got us close to the goal for the go-ahead.
he was lucky, that's all. it's not the first time that he sucked when the game was tight. I don't have the feeling that he can carry this offense yet.

With all the tools in the shed and in the right conditions, I think he has.

Only questions that remain is when you take those things away and things that caused him to slip in the draft, like those tiny hands.

Not sure what you can do in the draft but with Deebo out and all the pressure on him, he certainly trended in the right direction.

I'm certain we'll be looking @ a backup QB to draft that can come in here and develop.

Darnold

Darnold will likely go somewhere he believes he can compete to be the starter, and will cost too much for the Niners next year.

His opportunity to be a starter is gone.

Likely, but he'll also be able to get more $ this offseason on the "I spent a year at school Shanahan" sales pitch and some other team will eat it up. That other team may also have a far less solid QB pecking order in place. I mean, some of the guys forced to start this past season...

Personally I'd love for ShanaLynch to take a shot at a day 3 QB, someone that has some raw talent and promise but doesn't have a lot of experience as the QB 3, and have Brandon Allen be QB 2. But that's after they draft some OLinemen.

I don't think they'll have the cap space to retain Sam.

Sam sucks and is certainly nothing to lose sleep about. You hit the nail on the head. Draft some raw talent to develop behind Purdy and Allen assuming Sam leaves.

Purdy is our guy until he's not. I think this offseason he needs to throw a wet ball an hour a day. It's an obvious issue for him.

I agree - make Allen #2 and draft a guy in round 4-6.
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by tankle104:
What's crazy is that in FRANCHISE HISTORY - we've only won 5 games when down by 7 in the fourth. One of them is the super bowl against the bengals.

Ya it's not easy. There's so many other coaches out there that only have a couple of wins in that scenario.

It's a stupid stat that people will throw out that don't know football.

Indeed. Comebacks are hard to do. We see them often, but from different teams. Usually, teams lose under those conditions. A LOT. And to add, if you think about it, you'd have to figure most QBs, coaches, and franchise have abyssmal records under those circumstances because if they didn't, what coniditions are they losing their games under? In the NFL, you will lose games :-). So either they are down by 4+ and can't comeback, or they are tied and surrender the lead, or they have a lead and are letting teams comeback on them. There are no other scenarios. If most of your loses are by the latter two, coaches lose jobs for that kind of stuff and QBs have their replacement drafted.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
To add on, Brock had every reason to play bad. It was wet. He lost Deebo (and man does our offense look different without him). His OL played poorly. CMC didn't have a great game outside of a handful of plays.

But he sure nutted up when it counted

...and he outplayed two of the QBs that were rated above him by the national media.

BPs game stats were not terrible either.

Definitely not good, but I'm glad we finally got a game like this out of the way. It really was an all-time great drive.
Originally posted by bmvanthiel:
Worst game I have seen from Purdy but yet was clutch at the end and have a couple of tough good throws. Odd performance overall but my take away is he can't really play in the rain. Weird negative to have I guess we'll have to live with
It is. We saw him improve his obvious flaws last year. I don't expect any less this next offseason.

Originally posted by captveg:

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

lol no he does not.

Did you watch the end of the game? Knew his throwing was off when it was wet and got us close to the goal for the go-ahead.
he was lucky, that's all. it's not the first time that he sucked when the game was tight. I don't have the feeling that he can carry this offense yet.

Only questions that remain is when you take those things away and things that caused him to slip in the draft, like those tiny hands.

Not sure what you can do in the draft but with Deebo out and all the pressure on him, he certainly trended in the right direction.

I'm certain we'll be looking @ a backup QB to draft that can come in here and develop.

Darnold

Darnold will likely go somewhere he believes he can compete to be the starter, and will cost too much for the Niners next year.

Basically. I can't see a team running with Darnold. As I look at the rest of the NFL, what team would even offer him a chance to be QB1? You can say a team like New England, Pittsbugh, Tennessee, Giants, and Atlanta. It's a lot of teams, but Darnold isn't a longterm guy. He proved that in the Rams game- it was great with arguably the best offensive talent in the NFL and then fell off when those guys were out of the game. We shall see. If I'm Darnold, I'd get a few years under my belt in this system, then can probably have a job until 40 if he wants it with how much this system has spread over the NFL. A few years of experience here makes him valuable to Cincinnati, the Jets, Dolphins, Rams, Texans, and wherever Bobby Slowik ends up in 2025.
LETS GO BROCK!!! IT'S THE PLAYOFFS. WINNING IS ALL THAT MATTERS. next week will be a cleaner game. we got this.

eff this B

Save it Amy, you are a joke lol. You are not an inspiration, rather a bit embarrassing tbh lol.
Fans having a meltdown over Purdy is laughable.

The last drive proved he is him.

He is highly effective as a surgeon quarterback and I love to see him dice up a defense like Brady. Moving the ball downfield with quick short passing game. That last drive showed us his ability to understand football.
Originally posted by Eddie_D:

He is highly effective as a surgeon quarterback and I love to see him dice up a defense like Brady. Moving the ball downfield with quick short passing game. That last drive showed us his ability to understand football.

It's not laughable. He was awful. Purdy and SF were fortunate they had another opportunity on that last drive. Purdy missed a lot of plays last night and deserves some flack. There is nothing wrong with admitting a player or coach sucked.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
Dear Amy,
you are irrelevant and you are football stupid. Your takes clearly demonstrate you wasted 20 years of experience in the NFL. Stfu and go hide under the rock of has beens who never will be. Alternatively, keep posting to cement your place in history…as an idiot.

Lmfao

Lol.."will buy him ice cream"..interesting, cause she is 31 flavors of failure haha
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Montana:

eff this B

Save it Amy, you are a joke lol. You are not an inspiration, rather a bit embarrassing tbh lol.

Thank you both for your dedication and energy towards this team and our QB. Always look forward to your posts.

• Antix
  • Veteran
Basically he showed what a lot of his detractors wanted to see. Can he have a bad game, play from behind, but still pull out a W. For bonus points he did it without Deebo.

I'm sure the goalposts will move again. People will focus on the bad part of the game, the bad throws etc. It truly was a team effort to get that W but Purdy did great in the clutch to help make it happen.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by Montana:

eff this B

Thank you both for your dedication and energy towards this team and our QB. Always look forward to your posts.

Wow,. About to tear up.🥲
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by Giedi:

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

lol no he does not.

Darnold

Likely, but he'll also be able to get more $ this offseason on the "I spent a year at school Shanahan" sales pitch and some other team will eat it up. That other team may also have a far less solid QB pecking order in place. I mean, some of the guys forced to start this past season...

Personally I'd love for ShanaLynch to take a shot at a day 3 QB, someone that has some raw talent and promise but doesn't have a lot of experience as the QB 3, and have Brandon Allen be QB 2. But that's after they draft some OLinemen.

I don't think they'll have the cap space to retain Sam.

Sam sucks and is certainly nothing to lose sleep about. You hit the nail on the head. Draft some raw talent to develop behind Purdy and Allen assuming Sam leaves.

Purdy is our guy until he's not. I think this offseason he needs to throw a wet ball an hour a day. It's an obvious issue for him.

I agree - make Allen #2 and draft a guy in round 4-6.

Wow…last thing we need is to draft a QB, no matter the round. We need to draft Oline and DBs. Qb is like the last thing we need right now.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

It's not laughable. He was awful. Purdy and SF were fortunate they had another opportunity on that last drive. Purdy missed a lot of plays last night and deserves some flack. There is nothing wrong with admitting a player or coach sucked.

Purdy accounted for 75% of the Niners offense, had a TD pass, zero turnovers. All QB's struggle in the rain. Despite the weather, bad OL play, drops, defense getting gashed, and a questionable game plan (not enough running, not one carry from a RB other than CMC) - he found a way to win.

"Awful" 🙄
Originally posted by Furlow:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:

Purdy accounted for 75% of the Niners offense, had a TD pass, zero turnovers. All QB's struggle in the rain. Despite the weather, bad OL play, drops, defense getting gashed, and a questionable game plan (not enough running, not one carry from a RB other than CMC) - he found a way to win.

"Awful" 🙄

If that was awful, imagine what it will be when he has a Great game!
Share 49ersWebzone