There are 213 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm so proud of that final drive. That's huge for Brock. He really needed one like this.

But I also don't want to dismiss the fact that he was MASSIVELY lucky on 2 dropped INT's. Just 1 of those, and it's game over. In fact, there were a couple other high throws that could have ended in disaster too. If one of those ended in an INT, all you'd hear in here is Jimmy Garoppolo references.

Let's be honest here. It's sometimes better lucky than good. He was both, in the end.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 21, 2024 at 8:05 AM ]
Originally posted by Furlow:
Thank you both for your dedication and energy towards this team and our QB. Always look forward to your posts.

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
Fans having a meltdown over Purdy is laughable.

The last drive proved he is him.

He is highly effective as a surgeon quarterback and I love to see him dice up a defense like Brady. Moving the ball downfield with quick short passing game. That last drive showed us his ability to understand football.

It's not laughable. He was awful. Purdy and SF were fortunate they had another opportunity on that last drive. Purdy missed a lot of plays last night and deserves some flack. There is nothing wrong with admitting a player or coach sucked.

It was a mixed bag prior to the final drive. He had a beautiful TD to Kittle and drove the two minute to get us in position for points at the end of the half. But he nearly threw a pick-six and was off on a lot of throws. I wouldn't describe his game as awful though. Definitely, not a good game, but he did some good things prior to the final drive.
[ Edited by Chance on Jan 21, 2024 at 7:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Originally posted by NCommand:
That last drive was like the Superbowl Joe..."Great players aren't always great. But they're great when they need to be."

but apparently he sucks and Jordan Love played great.

-National media

Who had two turnovers? lol so dumb. Who actually led their team on a game winning drive? Let them keep hating on Brock and let him keep winning.

That bs aside he played fairly bad last night until the end. Let's hope this is a building block for him and he's beast mode next week.

I reminded myself mid game last night the kid is 23 and in his second season. 1-0 when trailing in the 4th. I wonder if Kyle went pass heavy because he wants to get Purdy as many reps as possible in these big games so he gets the experience. I felt like he didn't want to go the jimmy g route of like 9 passes all game.

Yes, it is. Brock didnt play well and the wet ball is a legitimate issue with him. But he came through with a drive at the end. If the roles were reversed Love would be getting tons of praise as a gamer.

Hell, people are still up his ass despite throwing for less than 200 yards and two bad picks. I think he is talented but the hype is disproportionate to what he has done.

He is older than Brock and has been in the league twice as long. He has been good for about a quarter of the time Brock has.

He is given a pass for his mistakes and Brock is criticized.

If Brock threw Love's 2nd INT on that winning drive he would be destroyed by the pundits.

Its an unfair double standard.
I'm so proud of that final drive. That's huge for Brock. He really needed one like this.

But I also don't want to dismiss the fact that he was MASSIVELY lucky on 2 dropped INT's. Just 1 of those, and it's game over. In fact, there were a couple other high throws that could have ended in disaster too.

Let's be honest here. It's sometimes better lucky than good. He was both, in the end.

100%. But you need luck along the way to win it all. I looked and they are showing 70 with clear skies next Sunday.
BP didn't have a very good game.

AND

Some fans are SOFT AF!!
I look at last night as great growth for Purdy. In the games we lost earlier in the season, Purdy had the tendency to implode when opposing team takes the lead. Last night, instead of imploding, he drove the team to a winning score. I hope he takes this confidence into next week and hopefully the SB.
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
Fans having a meltdown over Purdy is laughable.

The last drive proved he is him.

He is highly effective as a surgeon quarterback and I love to see him dice up a defense like Brady. Moving the ball downfield with quick short passing game. That last drive showed us his ability to understand football.

It's not laughable. He was awful. Purdy and SF were fortunate they had another opportunity on that last drive. Purdy missed a lot of plays last night and deserves some flack. There is nothing wrong with admitting a player or coach sucked.

It was a mixed bag prior to the final drive. He had a beautiful TD to Kittle and drove the two minute to get us in position for points at the end of the half. But he nearly threw a pick-six and was off on a lot of throws. I wouldn't describe his game as awful though. Definitely, not a good game, but he did some good things prior to the final drive.

Zero turnovers are still zero turnovers.

That last drive was like the Superbowl Joe..."Great players aren't always great. But they're great when they need to be."

Hmmm. Gotta love how when we actually WIN, some come back and say he was Joe...

But when things didn't look too great midgame he was....

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

and btw.....for those that don't get the gist,...that's a high-level insult.

I'm tired of "lucky this" and "lucky that"….bro all the greats had "Luck"
When Julian Edelman caught that tipped ball over the middle in the superbowl against the falcons or the many time we've seen Patrick Mahomes get bailed out by refs and his Oline holding.…no they're not lucky at all. Shoot, Patrick Mahomes gets praised for his spectacular incompletions.

but when you have a 2nd year Qb who was struggling during the game, puts a GW drive without one of his primary weapons in Deebo, in the rain, his Oline struggling…"ah he got lucky"

Miss me with that BS…we had 86 yards of penalties, our DBs falling all over the place, and a blocked FG….everyone gets "lucky"
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
Wow…last thing we need is to draft a QB, no matter the round. We need to draft Oline and DBs. Qb is like the last thing we need right now.

Strongly disagree
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
I'm tired of "lucky this" and "lucky that"….bro all the greats had "Luck"
When Julian Edelman caught that tipped ball over the middle in the superbowl against the falcons or the many time we've seen Patrick Mahomes get bailed out by refs and his Oline holding.…no they're not lucky at all. Shoot, Patrick Mahomes gets praised for his spectacular incompletions.

but when you have a 2nd year Qb who was struggling during the game, puts a GW drive without one of his primary weapons in Deebo, in the rain, his Oline struggling…"ah he got lucky"

Miss me with that BS…we had 86 yards of penalties, our DBs falling all over the place, and a blocked FG….everyone gets "lucky"

100%
Brocky has trouble with a wet ball, small hands will do that to you.
Yes he got lucky on a couple of dropped picks, thats part of the game.
Still he fought through what he was given and prevailed.
Last drive is another brick to add his legend wall.
He won a playoff game, and is 3-0 in the playoffs where he finishes the game.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

His moment.
Share 49ersWebzone