QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:

Shane Gillis is a GOAT..haha
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Chance:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by Eddie_D:
Fans having a meltdown over Purdy is laughable.

The last drive proved he is him.

He is highly effective as a surgeon quarterback and I love to see him dice up a defense like Brady. Moving the ball downfield with quick short passing game. That last drive showed us his ability to understand football.

It's not laughable. He was awful. Purdy and SF were fortunate they had another opportunity on that last drive. Purdy missed a lot of plays last night and deserves some flack. There is nothing wrong with admitting a player or coach sucked.

It was a mixed bag prior to the final drive. He had a beautiful TD to Kittle and drove the two minute to get us in position for points at the end of the half. But he nearly threw a pick-six and was off on a lot of throws. I wouldn't describe his game as awful though. Definitely, not a good game, but he did some good things prior to the final drive.

Zero turnovers are still zero turnovers.

And it should be noted, that pass blocking was s**t last night. Lots of pockets collapsing and hits during, or right after, throws. It was a tough game for Brock no doubt. Glad he came through in the end, and a little luck the rain held up on that final drive.
  • thl408
By my count, Brock is 3 for 3 in 'gotta have it' drives.

Versus LVR last season, with just over a minute remaining in a tie game, he drove the offense down the field to set up a 41 yard game winning field goal. Gould missed.

Versus CLE this season, with under 2 minutes remaining in a 17-19 game, he drove the offense down the field to set up a 41 yard game winning field goal. Moody missed.

Then last night versus GB.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:

That last drive was like the Superbowl Joe..."Great players aren't always great. But they're great when they need to be."

Hmmm. Gotta love how when we actually WIN, some come back and say he was Joe...

But when things didn't look too great midgame he was....

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

Brock is alot better than Jimmy but we aren't winning a sb with that level of qb play with Wilkes as d coordinator. Going to take 35 to win it.

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
I'm so proud of that final drive. That's huge for Brock. He really needed one like this.

But I also don't want to dismiss the fact that he was MASSIVELY lucky on 2 dropped INT's. Just 1 of those, and it's game over. In fact, there were a couple other high throws that could have ended in disaster too.

Let's be honest here. It's sometimes better lucky than good. He was both, in the end.

100%. But you need luck along the way to win it all. I looked and they are showing 70 with clear skies next Sunday.

Tame the Lions!
Originally posted by socal1632:
Originally posted by random49er:

That last drive was like the Superbowl Joe..."Great players aren't always great. But they're great when they need to be."

Hmmm. Gotta love how when we actually WIN, some come back and say he was Joe...

But when things didn't look too great midgame he was....

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

Brock is alot better than Jimmy but we aren't winning a sb with that level of qb play with Wilkes as d coordinator. Going to take 35 to win it.

I'm with you on that. Didn't play well in the conditions,...but he's a far step above Jimmy and it's really not even close.

the weather gods helped us out by pouring on the packers at the end and now it looks like a clean NFCC. Thank baby toddle infant Jesus
Originally posted by thl408:
By my count, Brock is 3 for 3 in 'gotta have it' drives.

Versus LVR last season, with just over a minute remaining in a tie game, he drove the offense down the field to set up a 41 yard game winning field goal. Gould missed.

Versus CLE this season, with under 2 minutes remaining in a 17-19 game, he drove the offense down the field to set up a 41 yard game winning field goal. Moody missed.

Then last night versus GB.

Man, these are HUGE going forward. Brock believes. And the offense believes around him. You can only gain that by doing it. And like you noted, he's now had a few to prove it.
[ Edited by NCommand on Jan 21, 2024 at 8:12 AM ]

How many total games has he played in?
he missed a lot of throws early like a lot the gameplan was solid ( i know KS will get crap) but Brock missed some guys in the middle of the field. But in 4th Q he was locked in that was a great game by him
maybe we should get a backup QB with big I can play in rain hands
Originally posted by CrankDatCrabtree:
Originally posted by tankle104:

Shane Gillis is a GOAT..haha

Listen to his standup yesterday. f**king great
This game reminded me of the 1989 SB against the Bengals. The Niners struggled in both games and like the 1989 SB the Packers had a big kick return that set up an easy TD. The Niners trailed late in both games and needed a good drive to win.

Hats off to Brock. He had a really bad game for most of the day. He should have had 2 INTs but fortunately they were dropped. He was off the mark consistently. He came through on that last drive when all the money was on the table.
Share 49ersWebzone