There are 232 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
It isn't like love didn't get lucky too. We were slipping all over. He had a few dropped picks, ontop of the ones he threw. He also made some awesome throws.

i think love is lucky to have such an incredible pass blocking o line. Dude was barley under any pressure - he made some pretty poor throws and decisions when he was pressured, which can be said for most QBs, but I don't think he's elite yet. Packers are in good shape though, super talented.
His play was not great except when it needed to be in the end. It was pouring and rain and Brock are oil and water. Luckily the last two games coming, no rain. He was doing some odd stuff with that glove. On, off for a minute then on, off. The doubters can say rain does not impact him but so not true.

I would imagine a snow storm is easier to play in. What a heart attack comeback last night but a lot of work to do for Sunday.

That was a great comeback.
Originally posted by tankle104:
this and the Aiyuk throws were dimes. Doesn't get better. Especially under physical pressure and pressure to win the game

Like the others we've seen. In between 3 defenders. Just WOW.
It isn't like love didn't get lucky too. We were slipping all over. He had a few dropped picks, ontop of the ones he threw. He also made some awesome throws.

i think love is lucky to have such an incredible pass blocking o line. Dude was barley under any pressure - he made some pretty poor throws and decisions when he was pressured, which can be said for most QBs, but I don't think he's elite yet. Packers are in good shape though, super talented.

Dude had threw or four gimme throws, including a touchdown where the defender fell down. He had two almost INTs and two actual INTs and fell apart as soon as his right tackle left the game so yeah I'm tired of hearing about how lucky Purdy got.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
His play was not great except when it needed to be in the end. It was pouring and rain and Brock are oil and water. Luckily the last two games coming, no rain. He was doing some odd stuff with that glove. On, off for a minute then on, off. The doubters can say rain does not impact him but so not true.

I would imagine a snow storm is easier to play in. What a heart attack comeback last night but a lot of work to do for Sunday.

That was a great comeback.

Yeah I think everyone realizes it is currently an issue, even Brock knows it is.

He has the offseason to work on it.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude had threw or four gimme throws, including a touchdown where the defender fell down. He had two almost INTs and two actual INTs and fell apart as soon as his right tackle left the game so yeah I'm tired of hearing about how lucky Purdy got.

This
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Yeah I think everyone realizes it is currently an issue, even Brock knows it is.

im officially convinced that rain games are not great for Brock i think we have "enough" sample size or heat (its like 3 bad games in rain in a row). He has to find a way to work trough it
Originally posted by ritz126:

im officially convinced that rain games are not great for Brock i think we have "enough" sample size or heat (its like 3 bad games in rain in a row). He has to find a way to work trough it

I think in this coming offseason he needs to practice throwing wet balls with a glove and get use to it. I think once he get use to it, he will be fine.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
Idgaf about style points or luck or getting bailed out by receivers. It's the playoffs. Search your memories. You could prob come up with half a dozen championships that were won off of great catches, luck or fortunate bounces etc.

I think Brock got lucky a few times, but for every lucky dropped INT he threw he made a great play to make up for it in the end. Winning by a lot would have been great, but I think an improbable win like this is really what we needed.

Yeah, Love had a much better situation that Brock IMO. Great pass blocking O line, our defenders falling all over, run game was killing it. It's embarrassing that he lost, honestly. Especially with that horrible pick.

Brock didn't have a great game but he came through when we needed him most. so eff the haters. brock will rebound and lead us to the big dance.

we've beat the packers 5 straight times in the playoffs - no ones ever beat a team in the p[layoffs this many times! muhahaha

also, this win made us tied for most post season wins of all time! woo hoo!

e Originally posted by ritz126:

He def struggles in them but he's found ways to get us in position to win and lead game winning drives.

he got us in position to win the browns game and he had a terrible game that day. Then he did it again last night in the playoffs.
  • Disp
  • Veteran

Yeah half the Packers passing yards were cause our defenders full on fell down. Felt like our guys were wearing running shoes instead of cleats. First half they were constantly slipping.
Just think we were one failed drive away from arguing about QBs and monsoon conditions for another offseason, lol.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

That last drive was just what the doctor ordered.

Acho is right and he often builds up Purdy.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Let's be real. Until further notice, enough with the elite and MVP titles. He's neither of the two. Although I disagree with the pundits that want to label him just as a systems quarterback (because he's got good QB skills), it now I understand the frustration some people have over others swinging all over Brock's nuts as the next Joe Montana, which he clearly is not.

the way I look at it….your coach either makes your QB look good, or your QB makes your coach look good. Guys like Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers….dont matter who's coaching they're gonna make their guy look good. Guys like Brock, Dak, Herbert, Cousins….these guys need someone walking them through the concepts. Doesn't mean they can't play great or even elite. Just means they're not head and shoulders about the rest.

Brock is a solid quarterback, if he has the playbook and the players around to help him execute. You see what happens when a monkey wrench (Deebo down, rain) gets into the fray. He becomes frazzled because he doesn't know how to adjust to the changes. Maybe some day it will change but what I've seen with the all time greats, they come into the league and showcase their abilities right off the bat.
Share 49ersWebzone