49ers explode for 21-point third quarter, then hold on late to take 30-24 win over Cowboys →

There are 445 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • bud49
  • Veteran
How many times have you seen, me included, a QB take a snap drop back in the pocket and move the ball from his throwing hand and wipe his hand on his pants then make a throw?

This dude is cool in the pocket.
[ Edited by bud49 on Jan 21, 2024 at 10:00 AM ]
Two seasons, two NFCCG's. 👍
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude had threw or four gimme throws, including a touchdown where the defender fell down. He had two almost INTs and two actual INTs and fell apart as soon as his right tackle left the game so yeah I'm tired of hearing about how lucky Purdy got.

This

That

Not only that but as kind of suggested above Brock is still a young guy. On the radio to work this morning fox sports dudes were saying how guys like Love and Stoudt(Stroud stupid autocorrect) were just young guys and getting the feel of things. Nobody gives Brock that excuse. That's actually a huge compliment that a younger guy is getting it done.
[ Edited by MucketyMuck on Jan 21, 2024 at 10:09 AM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Just think we were one failed drive away from arguing about QBs and monsoon conditions for another offseason, lol.

Lol man… I don't think I'd of been able to get on here.

good news is that Brock was able to win in a monsoon during a playoff game. Lance couldn't do it against the leagues worst team in a regular season game.

THATS the difference, IMO.
Originally posted by bud49:
How many times have you seen, me included, a QB take a snap drop back in the pocket and move the ball from his throwing hand and wipe his hand on his pants then make a throw?

This dude is cool in the pocket.

Kruger is having a coronary about this. I don't see the big deal. Lll I think it's hilarious he's that composed and comfortable in the pocket.
Originally posted by Patton:
Two seasons, two NFCCG's. ????

1 of 5 QBs in nfl history to win a playoff game in his first two seasons. How about that?! 😎
He really does remind me of Brees. Brees couldn't play in bad weather either. It is what it is, just glad we pulled it out but if he plays this way in nfccg we aren't going to the Superbowl
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Not only that but as kind of suggested above Brock is still a young guy. On the radio to work this morning fox sports dudes were saying how guys like Love and Stoudt were just young guys and getting the feel of things. Nobody gives Brock that excuse. That's actually a huge compliment that a younger guy is getting it done.

Right, exactly
  • bud49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How do you account for Jordan Love's performance than? He got frazzled in the rain and threw 2 picks and lost. Purdy was much better than him on the stat line. Made the game winning drive too.

This is the narrative on that. I watched espn after the game (which i should not have) and they went to the completion percentage and actually talked about how Loves completion % was better than Brocks and just skimmed over the int's Love threw.

Like someone said they move the goal posts on Brock constantly. If Brock had thrown 2 int's and the 49ers lost they would have skewered him last night and today. And would have been asking the question if the 49ers were going to draft a QB to replace Brock.
[ Edited by bud49 on Jan 21, 2024 at 10:05 AM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Just think we were one failed drive away from arguing about QBs and monsoon conditions for another offseason, lol.

Lol man… I don't think I'd of been able to get on here.

good news is that Brock was able to win in a monsoon during a playoff game. Lance couldn't do it against the leagues worst team in a regular season game.

THATS the difference, IMO.

We don't need to call every game with intermittent light showers a "monsoon". Last night wasn't even that bad in terms of weather.

Originally posted by frenchmov:
He really does remind me of Brees. Brees couldn't play in bad weather either. It is what it is, just glad we pulled it out but if he plays this way in nfccg we aren't going to the Superbowl

By playing this way..you mean leading a last minute drive to victory?
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
We don't need to call every game with intermittent light showers a "monsoon". Last night wasn't even that bad in terms of weather.

It would have 100 percent been described that way, lol. It was pretty wet last night obviously, but agree those were not extreme conditions by any means.
Big thing that concerns me about next week, if we play the lions, is their o line. The d line needs to step up.

I don't want Brock getting into a shoot out because we can't sack or pressure Goff. LETS GO BUCS! Lol
Originally posted by bud49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
How do you account for Jordan Love's performance than? He got frazzled in the rain and threw 2 picks and lost. Purdy was much better than him on the stat line. Made the game winning drive too.

This is the narrative on that. I watched espn after the game (which i should not have) and they went to the completion percentage and actually talked about how Loves completion % was better than Brocks and just skimmed over the int's Love threw.

Like someone said they move the goal posts on Brock constantly. If Brock had thrown 2 int's and the 49ers lost they would have skewered him last night and today. And would have been asking the question if the 49ers were going to draft a QB to replace Brock.

They give Love and 1st round picks all kinds of leeway to mess up. While they knit pick everything Brock Purdy does even when he wins.
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by frenchmov:

By playing this way..you mean leading a last minute drive to victory?

Lots of clutch throws on that final drive (would have been perfect if Kittle didn't drop one), and let's not forget that scramble that got us in position for CMC to run it in!
Share 49ersWebzone