49ers explode for 21-point third quarter, then hold on late to take 30-24 win over Cowboys →

There are 354 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MucketyMuck:
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dude had threw or four gimme throws, including a touchdown where the defender fell down. He had two almost INTs and two actual INTs and fell apart as soon as his right tackle left the game so yeah I'm tired of hearing about how lucky Purdy got.

This

That

Not only that but as kind of suggested above Brock is still a young guy. On the radio to work this morning fox sports dudes were saying how guys like Love and Stoudt(Stroud stupid autocorrect) were just young guys and getting the feel of things. Nobody gives Brock that excuse. That's actually a huge compliment that a younger guy is getting it done.

Yeah, its super strange how no one mentions that for brock. Love has been in the league for four years developing. this is his first season playing but it isn't like he is fresh to the league. he sat behind a HOF and was able to master the system before playing.

CJ Stroud is the man, kudos to him. Baltimores defense is legit and he got handled but he made some awesome throws.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Just think we were one failed drive away from arguing about QBs and monsoon conditions for another offseason, lol.

Lol man… I don't think I'd of been able to get on here.

good news is that Brock was able to win in a monsoon during a playoff game. Lance couldn't do it against the leagues worst team in a regular season game.

THATS the difference, IMO.

OMG. Good point Smokey. The WZ QB thread would have been at an all time insufferable mark.
  • irief
  • Veteran
Wouldn't be surprised if Kyle diles up some plays to take advantage of Brock's legs. His ability to move the chains or score in the red zone is underestimated. Opposing defenses won't be prepared. Not saying this should be a staple (don't wanna get him hurt), but nfc cc / superbowl is when u pull out the stops.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm a huge Brock Purdy fan, but anyone who watched the game could see he missed a ton of open throws.

Obviously that hasn't been the norm. But whatever the reason was, it's not gonna quiet the haters.

He was good when he needed to be. Got lucky a few times, and we made just one more play Green Bay did.

Hopefully he continues the trend of bouncing back after a rough outing.

Careful you're not allowed to say stuff like that in here
Dude is not a mudder. he did do what was needed when it mattered the most. got to give him a lot of credit for that.
Just think we were one failed drive away from arguing about QBs and monsoon conditions for another offseason, lol.

Man there would have been a ton of hypocrites in here.
You all wanted to see if he could put the team on his shoulders and win a game. He did that.
Can't have a comeback unless the team played s**tty most of the game. He rose up when it mattered and now we're back in the nfc championship!
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Man there would have been a ton of hypocrites in here.

The difference I look at Brock not gripping it or spinning it in those conditions, and I say wow he's not doing well, in the conditions. I don't blame Trent Williams, which was the take when TL was struggling.
Originally posted by irief:
Wouldn't be surprised if Kyle diles up some plays to take advantage of Brock's legs. His ability to move the chains or score in the red zone is underestimated. Opposing defenses won't be prepared. Not saying this should be a staple (don't wanna get him hurt), but nfc cc / superbowl is when u pull out the stops.

I think they should roll him out once in a while. He's spectacular throwing on the run. He sees the field well and throws accurately on the run. It's puts enormous pressure on a defense. It's like they always want him glued in the pocket. He's not Lamar or Fields but he's a pretty quick guy buying time outside the pocket. Defenses break down too because they have to keep defending and shifting position for so long. They should use it once in a while.
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
You all wanted to see if he could put the team on his shoulders and win a game. He did that.
Can't have a comeback unless the team played s**tty most of the game. He rose up when it mattered and now we're back in the nfc championship!

AIN'T his fault he's hardly playing from behind.... had his name been TREY LANCE, the football world would be calling SHANNY the G-COAT !!!

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
The difference I look at Brock not gripping it or spinning it in those conditions, and I say wow he's not doing well, in the conditions. I don't blame Trent Williams, which was the take when TL was struggling.

Don't make stuff up. No one was saying it was just Trent. The whole team played bad because of the weather. Ya'll wanted it to be just Lance so bad…the weather couldn't have been a factor in your eyes.

s**t doesn't matter anymore.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 21, 2024 at 10:48 AM ]
Brock Purdy makes game winning drives in the Rain! Give me more rain!
That game was stressful. More than anything, during the Shanahan era, this was one of the only wins in rain we've had. Deebo is definitely a key. Not sure if he'll be available in a week, but three weeks (assuming we get there) seems likely. This was Brock's worst game of his career, minus a perfect 4th quarter comeback. While he threw 4 picks against the ravens, he actually had more interceptable passes in this game. Glove on/off. Deebo hurt. Run defense soft. It had all the markings of a loss. This exact situation was one of the narratives in Purdy… couldn't win when it was not going well, couldn't stay in shotgun and come from behind. So in that sense, it was a huge confidence boost. Early weather forecasts don't have rain for next week.
Playoffs are just different. Defenses are top notch at this stage, so going over the top with big passes aren't going to be there like they were against soft teams in the regular season. Brock needs to understand that you take what the defenses give you, even if it's a check down. Build his confidence that way and be patient to make the big play presents itself. IMO that's why he was successful on that final drive.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Don't make stuff up. No one was saying it was just Trent. The whole team played bad because of the weather. Ya'll wanted it to be just Lance so bad…the weather couldn't have been a factor in your eyes.

Nah the team played like crap. I think the qb gets the most fault, just like we are all hard on brock for this last game, but yeah - a lot of guys played poorly in that bears monsoon and last night.

we got some flipped fortune last night - it stopped raining (at least hard) for us to drive the ball and take the lead. Then it poured for packers. Lol
Share 49ersWebzone