There are 690 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by BrockIsHim:
He's been money on those QB sneaks. Must be the quads lol

Lol, he def did a good job squeezing through a couple openings last night on those sneaks.

Yes! He squirts through little gaps. Almost as if he went between one of the OLman's legs.

Double gap penetration
Dude is deceptively thicc

Something I've come to accept with Brock as our QB. He doesn't like to throw a wet ball, probably due to his smaller hands and not being able to grip it well enough. In wet games Brock is likely to struggle a bit. Thankfully the rest of the games this season should be nice and dry.
[ Edited by WINiner on Jan 21, 2024 at 11:17 AM ]

To have a bad game overall and come up clutch like this is just good stuff. It easily could have gone the other way if you don't have the right mental tools.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Something I've some to accept with Brock as our QB. He doesn't like to throw a wet ball, probably due to his smaller hands and not being able to grip it well enough. In wet games Brock is likely to struggle a bit. Thankfully the rest of the games this season should be nice and dry.

Yeah, and Shanahan's "we don't practice with wet balls" schtick needs to be reevaluated.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Yeah, and Shanahan's "we don't practice with wet balls" schtick needs to be reevaluated.

100 percent lol. Brock needs to be hit with a hose all practice long.
Love had a 120 rating for the first 6 drives and a 17 rating on the last four.

Imagine what the national narrative would be if Brock and Love swapped. Love plays poorly all game but engineers a game winning drive while Purdy throws two backbreaking picks?! Don't get me wrong, love is a star and GB is a problem for the next 5 years at least.

100 percent lol. Brock needs to be hit with a hose all practice long.

Haha. Yeah, that extra time off should have been played from a pool.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Love had a 120 rating for the first 6 drives and a 17 rating on the last four.

Imagine what the national narrative would be if Brock and Love swapped. Love plays poorly all game but engineers a game winning drive while Purdy throws two backbreaking picks?! Don't get me wrong, love is a star and GB is a problem for the next 5 years at least.

Curiously the morning shows were implying that Love outplayed Purdy.
I defies logic and stats.
He needs get some callouses on those hands. It'll help him with wet balls

Originally posted by Crown:

He was more consistent throughout the bulk of the game, but Brock made a couple more big time plays and was able to avoid killer mistakes (some of which was just plain good luck). That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.
I love my QB. I haven't been able to say that in a very long time.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame

He was more consistent throughout the bulk of the game, but Brock made a couple more big time plays and was able to avoid killer mistakes (some of which was just plain good luck). That's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

I think Love "looked" more consistent but the stats dont show that.

Also he missed quite a few throws in the 2nd half.

No lie Purdy looked terrible for a while there.
Wide open CMC and just dirt balled it twice then airmailed it over JJs hands. So unlike him.

for anyone who remembers - we should of beat the rams in 2021 NFCC but tartt dropped a pick that landed right in his lap, they proceeded to win the game and chip. luck is part of the game. Montana had a pick dropped the throw before the game winning one in the bengals superbowl that he hit the defender right in the chest and he just dropped it. that pick would of sealed the game and we win.

like Smokey said, it's just the way the cookie crumbles. luck is part of the game.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 21, 2024 at 11:42 AM ]

I think Love "looked" more consistent but the stats dont show that.

Also he missed quite a few throws in the 2nd half.

No lie Purdy looked terrible for a while there.
Wide open CMC and just dirt balled it twice then airmailed it over JJs hands. So unlike him.

love had one awesome throw that converted a third down along the sideline. outside of that, all his plays were wide open busts in coverage because our guys were falling down or his running back was being a savage. he didn't s**t. he made a bunch of poor throws that should of been picked, or were picked, just like brock.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Jan 21, 2024 at 11:43 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone