There are 307 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Montana:
By playing this way..you mean leading a last minute drive to victory?

I meant playing like s**t in bad weather
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Goff just got lucky with a droppted INT - is he trashed because of it? or is it cool cause he's a first round qb?

He's a 1st round pick. So they won't mention it and act like it was no big deal.

It all adds up...

Originally posted by WINiner:
Something I've come to accept with Brock as our QB. He doesn't like to throw a wet ball, probably due to his smaller hands and not being able to grip it well enough. In wet games Brock is likely to struggle a bit. Thankfully the rest of the games this season should be nice and dry.

Purdy and Mahomes have the same size hands.

The ball was slippery last night. It happens. It's football.
Originally posted by dj43:
Something I've come to accept with Brock as our QB. He doesn't like to throw a wet ball, probably due to his smaller hands and not being able to grip it well enough. In wet games Brock is likely to struggle a bit. Thankfully the rest of the games this season should be nice and dry.

I don't think Brock's hand size is the issue, sounds like he just needs a stronger grip.

I don't think Brock's hand size is the issue, sounds like he just needs a stronger grip.

He needs to get use to wearing a glove this off-season.
One thing that was very noticeable was Brock's crappy footwork, he really looked like jimmy with his feet this game. I wonder how much of that had to do with the field conditions. Like if he was worried about slipping - so he was planting flat footed.

Just seemed so uncharacteristic on his part to have that kind of footwork. I wonder how much that contributed to his poor throws throughout the game.

A good part of that was the pressure coming up the middle. They rarely gave him time to get settled.

In his presser, Shanahan recognized that a good part of the problem was the middle pressure. "Hands in his face." Not having a clear field of vision because GB DL were getting in his line of sight. All that stuff was forcing him to jump around more than usual.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Just think we were one failed drive away from arguing about QBs and monsoon conditions for another offseason, lol.

Lol man… I don't think I'd of been able to get on here.

good news is that Brock was able to win in a monsoon during a playoff game. Lance couldn't do it against the leagues worst team in a regular season game.

THATS the difference, IMO.

OMG. Good point Smokey. The WZ QB thread would have been at an all time insufferable mark.

Has Troy Lence had any game reps with Dallas yet? Is he starting over Dak next season?

With all the weight room he reportedly does, it's hard to think it is a strength issue.
Originally posted by NCommand:
I'm so proud of that final drive. That's huge for Brock. He really needed one like this.

But I also don't want to dismiss the fact that he was MASSIVELY lucky on 2 dropped INT's. Just 1 of those, and it's game over. In fact, there were a couple other high throws that could have ended in disaster too. If one of those ended in an INT, all you'd hear in here is Jimmy Garoppolo references.

Let's be honest here. It's sometimes better lucky than good. He was both, in the end.

Well take that same energy and Green Bay would've never been in the game if we wore different cleats. 3 of those slips led to at least 10 points so Green Bay was even lucky enough to be in the game. They're only slip caused what, a 1 yard loss from the running back? You got to really argue it both ways man. Also, Lenoir should've had a pick as well and Green Bay scored on that drive I believe.
[ Edited by elguapo on Jan 21, 2024 at 12:54 PM ]
With all the weight room he reportedly does, it's hard to think it is a strength issue.

Need to get him playing some video games for 3-4 hours a day.

• Furlow
  • Veteran
Good game to win and pull out at the end.
Champions find a way to win. Curry can be cold with 3s for the first 3 quarters and that doesn't stop him from going nuts and jacking 3s to close a game. Young QBs like Brock and even Love need to put the bad plays behind them.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Goff just got lucky with a droppted INT - is he trashed because of it? or is it cool cause he's a first round qb?

He's still mediocre as f**k, lol.

Stop. He's terrific.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Goatie:
Has Troy Lence had any game reps with Dallas yet? Is he starting over Dak next season?

Needs more work on his clipboard holding.
Originally posted by Furlow:
Stop. He's terrific.

Goff? Lol, he's not. He's an average QB with an elite supporting group.

* I think I missed a joke (hopefully)
[ Edited by SmokeyJoe on Jan 21, 2024 at 1:05 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone