There are 209 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Montana:
Is SD actually Nick Wrong? Lol. Joking of course

lol, he's definitely owed some advertising money at least.
Purdy took the ball at his own 31 with 6:18 to play and went 6-7 for 47 yards passing (the one incompletion being the Kittle drop). He also rushed for a 1st on 3rd and 1, and had the big 9 yard scramble to set up the CMC TD.

Not sure how anyone can possibly discredit him getting it done when it mattered, especially in the rain having an off day.

The hater media will move the goalposts again, but Purdy was money when it mattered most.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Purdy took the ball at his own 31 with 6:18 to play and went 6-7 for 47 yards passing (the one incompletion being the Kittle drop). He also rushed for a 1st on 3rd and 1, and had the big 9 yard scramble to set up the CMC TD.

Not sure how anyone can possibly discredit him getting it done when it mattered, especially in the rain having an off day.

The hater media will move the goalposts again, but Purdy was money when it mattered most.

He was very good on that drive. Also his earlier TD was a great play as well. Needed it all.
I bet the Bills wish for a drive like Purdy did tonight on the last drive.
So I finally got a chance to rewatch the game, I highly recommend rewatching if you can. I just watched the offense to get a feel for how the game went without all the in game emotion.

Brock actually played alright for most of the game. It was the middle of the 3rd into the top of the 4th where he had some struggles. As did the WRs.

first half we had 3 drives. First one fizzled out after Deebo injury. Second one TD. 3rd one blocked field goal.

second half we punted, then Scored TD. Then kicked a field goal, but that's where he started the rough patch. Ray Ray looks to have ran the wrong route on 3rd and 10. It would have been a big play. (Also the hand wipe play)

Then we drove but stalled at the 40 and punted. Green Bay missed the field goal and we drove for the win.

it wasn't pretty but not nearly as bad as I remember.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 8080849ers:

Advantage with Brock he stays within the playbook. Better consistency, but not magical.

Josh improvises. High risk. High reward. But if you can get him a coach (preferably from the Shanahan coaching tree) to hone in those skills, I think Josh would easily be the best quarterback in the league. He has all the assets to be an all time great. Just plays for a crappy offensive coach and a low budget city…
Purdy is the only one we've had capable of breaking the Shanahan 4th quarter curse. He can win a Super Bowl too
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Purdy needs play better next week for us to get the Dance.

seems like he figured out his grip on that last drive, he was accurate and ripping the ball
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Purdy needs play better next week for us to get the Dance.

seems like he figured out his grip on that last drive, he was accurate and ripping the ball

You know what made Brett Favre so successful in this league ? Not the strong arm. Not the wild throws. It was his mastery of the CHECKDOWN. Go watch some of his game. He made scrubs like Edgar Bennett, Dorsey Levens, Ahmad Green into household names bc they were catching 50 balls per season just on check downs. We have the ultimate wide receiving RBs in CMC and Mitchell. When Brock masters the ability to check it down when his primary read isn't there….then forces the D to play up so he can take the long shots, then he will have achieved mastery of the checkdown. He will become a great QB in this league.
Originally posted by DrEll:

Advantage with Brock he stays within the playbook. Better consistency, but not magical.

Josh improvises. High risk. High reward. But if you can get him a coach (preferably from the Shanahan coaching tree) to hone in those skills, I think Josh would easily be the best quarterback in the league. He has all the assets to be an all time great. Just plays for a crappy offensive coach and a low budget city…

Allen is amazing, but Purdy would have 100% made that check down to Diggs. That check down crosser was so wide open and the correct read in that situation. Instead Josh went for the kill to Shakira. Even if he hits that TD he still leaves Mahomes 1:40 to respond. It was situationally a bad decision knowing the check down is there and Mahomes has burned you in the past when you left him enough time.

That is why I love Brock as our QB. Just a smart dude.

Originally posted by DrEll:
You know what made Brett Favre so successful in this league ? Not the strong arm. Not the wild throws. It was his mastery of the CHECKDOWN. Go watch some of his game. He made scrubs like Edgar Bennett, Dorsey Levens, Ahmad Green into household names bc they were catching 50 balls per season just on check downs. We have the ultimate wide receiving RBs in CMC and Mitchell. When Brock masters the ability to check it down when his primary read isn't there….then forces the D to play up so he can take the long shots, then he will have achieved mastery of the checkdown. He will become a great QB in this league.

Will? Lol..has been great since MIA lol
Originally posted by Silky:
Allen is amazing, but Purdy would have 100% made that check down to Diggs. That check down crosser was so wide open and the correct read in that situation. Instead Josh went for the kill to Shakira. Even if he hits that TD he still leaves Mahomes 1:40 to respond. It was situationally a bad decision knowing the check down is there and Mahomes has burned you in the past when you left him enough time.

That is why I love Brock as our QB. Just a smart dude.

True, true

Nah wasn't "terrific" enough for them. They'll settle for underthrowing game winning tds and settling for missed FGs. Now that's "terrific"!
Originally posted by Niners99:

The internet:
"Purdy only led the league in passer rating, QBR and had the highest YPA basically ever because of weapons. He's not actually good bc he cant come from behind to win a game, look what happened when Deebo was out."

*Purdy orchestrates a game winning drive with Deebo out, Kittle dropping a pass, making a big time throw to Chris Conley, and has a huge run to set up the game winning score.

The internet:
"Yeah but sucked for most of the game"
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Jan 21, 2024 at 9:30 PM ]
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
The internet:
"Purdy only led the league in passer rating, QBR and had the highest YPA basically ever because of weapons. He's not actually good bc he cant come from behind to win a game, look what happened when Deebo was out."

*Purdy orchestrates a game winning drive with Deebo out, Kittle dropping a pass, making a big time throw to Chris Conley, and has a huge run to set up the game winning score.

The internet:
"Yeah but sucked for most of the game"

Seems to be the argument.
Share 49ersWebzone