QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Im liking his takes lol

Originally posted by Heroism:
Im liking his takes lol

I like this guy.

Kills two birds with one stone, spitting facts while doing his best Cheat Carroll impersonation
Originally posted by Young2Owens:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Im liking his takes lol

"Social Media has made fans dumber..." Great quote from this guy.

Good points made in the comments of the video. Back in the day people just talked about the result, the win. They didn't argue with millions of other people on the internet over stats. People watched the game, maybe saw highlights again later, then talked with their buddies in real life about what they saw or maybe they tuned into sports radio for a "bigger" conversation but that was the extent of it.

I'm jealous of people back then. They didn't have social media to make them angry, anxious and annoyed.

I think fans back then were dumb too, you just didn't know about it because there was no way of sharing their idiocy with the world. Plus you actually had to be credible to have a voice in the media back then. Now any derp can start a YouTube channel and give their ridiculous opinion. Grant Cohn included.
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

That's prettier than any set of cans I've ever seen and I've seen a PLETHORA
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

No, sir. He actually makes plays when it counts.
lol no he does not.

Did you watch the end of the game? Knew his throwing was off when it was wet and got us close to the goal for the go-ahead.
he was lucky, that's all. it's not the first time that he sucked when the game was tight. I don't have the feeling that he can carry this offense yet.

With all the tools in the shed and in the right conditions, I think he has.

Only questions that remain is when you take those things away and things that caused him to slip in the draft, like those tiny hands.

Not sure what you can do about the latter but with Deebo out and all the pressure on him, he certainly trended in the right direction.

I'm certain we'll be looking @ a backup QB to draft that can come in here and develop.
just like you say, can he work with less quality as well? if yes = he is able to carry the offense = franchise qb.
I am pro Purdy but since the Packers' game I do have my doubts in despite of the very small sample that he is our franchise qb. I really hope that I am wrong though!
Originally posted by Heroism:
Im liking his takes lol

I like this guy.

That was funny lol
What we learned from this game is that in order for Brock to be in position to lead a game-winning drive our team has to play terrible for the majority of the game. So yes let's not do that again. Let's just win comfortably. It means our team played like they should. Both offense and Defense.
Originally posted by Niners99:
I think fans back then were dumb too, you just didn't know about it because there was no way of sharing their idiocy with the world. Plus you actually had to be credible to have a voice in the media back then. Now any derp can start a YouTube channel and give their ridiculous opinion. Grant Cohn included.

Montana vs Young 87'-94' would have reached great heights if social media existed back then.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Montana vs Young 87'-94' would have reached great heights if social media existed back then.

Half the webzone probably would of gotten banned.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Shorteous:
So I finally got a chance to rewatch the game, I highly recommend rewatching if you can. I just watched the offense to get a feel for how the game went without all the in game emotion.

Brock actually played alright for most of the game. It was the middle of the 3rd into the top of the 4th where he had some struggles. As did the WRs.

first half we had 3 drives. First one fizzled out after Deebo injury. Second one TD. 3rd one blocked field goal.

second half we punted, then Scored TD. Then kicked a field goal, but that's where he started the rough patch. Ray Ray looks to have ran the wrong route on 3rd and 10. It would have been a big play. (Also the hand wipe play)

Then we drove but stalled at the 40 and punted. Green Bay missed the field goal and we drove for the win.

it wasn't pretty but not nearly as bad as I remember.

Agree and I also rewatched it and the GB DLine and defense were doing 5 man Dlines and also stunts and blitzes. Those things usually makes an offense inconsistent, but if you hit the stunt right - it's an explosive run. After several explosive runs by CMC, that GB defense started calming down and Brock started to get untracked in the 2nd half.

It wasn't pretty for sure and the GB offense was good until they weren't. Purdy was hit on so many of his throws but didn't get rattled. It was an impressive win by him, more impressive than I originally thought.

Joe montana sucked in 1987 rainy game and so did the 96 & 97 niners. As well as the 2011 niners. Idk why some think this is only Brock. Lol the rain has cost us multiple chips
Originally posted by tankle104:
Joe montana sucked in 1987 rainy game and so did the 96 & 97 niners. As well as the 2011 niners. Idk why some think this is only Brock. Lol the rain has cost us multiple chips

Needs to build a retractable roof.
That last drive brought a tear to my eye all I could say is he fricken did it. Luck was on his sides with the potential ints but he never gave up and was perfect when it mattered the most.
He got the comeback off his back, now hopefully he gets the big purdy playoff game off his back.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by tankle104:

Needs to build a retractable roof.

Something. I f**kin hate the rain.
Originally posted by nolimit2game:
That last drive brought a tear to my eye all I could say is he fricken did it. Luck was on his sides with the potential ints but he never gave up and was perfect when it mattered the most.
He got the comeback off his back, now hopefully he gets the big purdy playoff game off his back.

In the playoffs, all that matters is that you win. No matter how you have to do it. History remembers the win - niners turned the ball over SIX times in the 1981 NFC. Niners had 13 Points in the super bowl until the final drive against the bengals.

Steve young was booty against the packers before the TO catch.

just win the damn game when it matters most. That's what's legacies are build on.
Share 49ersWebzone