There are 196 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Had a cowboys fan friend tell me 49ers won in spite of Purdy. I wanted to reach through my phone and slap him. While not his best game, zero turnovers, a bomb TD and a game winning drive. That Mr Irrelevant title has really broken some people's minds and caused them to lose all objectivity and reason.
Originally posted by Youngone:
Had a cowboys fan friend tell me 49ers won in spite of Purdy. I wanted to reach through my phone and slap him. While not his best game, zero turnovers, a bomb TD and a game winning drive. That Mr Irrelevant title has really broken some people's minds and caused them to lose all objectivity and reason.

Lol losing has broken the cowboys minds.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by NCommand:

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

No, sir. He actually makes plays when it counts.
lol no he does not.

Did you watch the end of the game? Knew his throwing was off when it was wet and got us close to the goal for the go-ahead.
he was lucky, that's all. it's not the first time that he sucked when the game was tight. I don't have the feeling that he can carry this offense yet.

With all the tools in the shed and in the right conditions, I think he has.

Only questions that remain is when you take those things away and things that caused him to slip in the draft, like those tiny hands.

Not sure what you can do about the latter but with Deebo out and all the pressure on him, he certainly trended in the right direction.

I'm certain we'll be looking @ a backup QB to draft that can come in here and develop.
just like you say, can he work with less quality as well? if yes = he is able to carry the offense = franchise qb.
I am pro Purdy but since the Packers' game I do have my doubts in despite of the very small sample that he is our franchise qb. I really hope that I am wrong though!

Hi, I came from the present. You are.
Originally posted by Koldo:

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

lol no he does not.

Did you watch the end of the game? Knew his throwing was off when it was wet and got us close to the goal for the go-ahead.
he was lucky, that's all. it's not the first time that he sucked when the game was tight. I don't have the feeling that he can carry this offense yet.

Only questions that remain is when you take those things away and things that caused him to slip in the draft, like those tiny hands.

Not sure what you can do about the latter but with Deebo out and all the pressure on him, he certainly trended in the right direction.

I'm certain we'll be looking @ a backup QB to draft that can come in here and develop.
just like you say, can he work with less quality as well? if yes = he is able to carry the offense = franchise qb.
I am pro Purdy but since the Packers' game I do have my doubts in despite of the very small sample that he is our franchise qb. I really hope that I am wrong though!

From time to time losers troll our forum just to make themselves feel a little better. It's ok, we're kind enough to let you. Hope you feel a little better now.
  • thl408
Bad: Purdy seems to struggle in the rain.

Good: no rain this Sunday
Originally posted by thl408:
Bad: Purdy seems to struggle in the rain.

Good: no rain this Sunday
There's a system brewing from the south I just heard. Hopefully it doesn't effect us
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
The internet:
"Purdy only led the league in passer rating, QBR and had the highest YPA basically ever because of weapons. He's not actually good bc he cant come from behind to win a game, look what happened when Deebo was out."

*Purdy orchestrates a game winning drive with Deebo out, Kittle dropping a pass, making a big time throw to Chris Conley, and has a huge run to set up the game winning score.

The internet:
"Yeah but sucked for most of the game"

Seems to be the argument.

I think this is good for Purdy and the team. It put bigger chips on their shoulders and it motivates them more. I know they always say they always block all the noise but I'm pretty sure they still hear them. I remember during the Warriors dynasty run, everyone kept on discounting them and then we all know what happened. So haters, keep what you guys are doing, it will only benefit the 49ers.
I think on the CMC long TD run, Woerner line up in the wrong spot. Juice pointed to where he should line up. Woerner start moving, and Brock saw the game clock and yelled at him to just stay there. We barely got away from a delay of game.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erF90:

Jimmy Garoppolo 2.0

lol no he does not.

From time to time losers troll our forum just to make themselves feel a little better. It's ok, we're kind enough to let you. Hope you feel a little better now.

Haha well from time to time our own zoners troll us.
Glad they won a game like this. Not ideal situations and they got to come from behind….Having purdy play in poor weather situations has to be concerning going forward.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Glad they won a game like this. Not ideal situations and they got to come from behind….Having purdy play in poor weather situations has to be concerning going forward.

Purdy did what Josh Allen could not do last night, just saying.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Purdy did what Josh Allen could not do last night, just saying.

I just dont see it with Josh Allen.

I think he is super talented and just plain reckless.

Not smart football in crunch time.

Leads the league in INTs the last 2 years.

But allegedly he is top 3 in the league.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Sports media today: "It's not a 'true' comeback if it's not from double digits"

Embarrassing
[ Edited by Koldo on Jan 22, 2024 at 8:08 AM ]
  • thl408
Sports media today: "It's not a 'true' comeback if it's not from double digits"

Embarrassing

And if he ever leads a comeback from double digits, "he didn't play well in the first three quarters, bad game."
Has this been talked about?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-wanted-tom-brady-to-be-their-quarterback-in-2023-before-settling-on-brock-purdy-per-report/
Share 49ersWebzone