There are 165 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Has this been talked about?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-wanted-tom-brady-to-be-their-quarterback-in-2023-before-settling-on-brock-purdy-per-report/

Last week's news cycle homie
Originally posted by Koldo:
Sports media today: "It's not a 'true' comeback if it's not from double digits"

Embarrassing

You expected otherwise? If you go from 0-30 to 1-30 when trailing in the fourth quarter, that's pretty significant if you ask me.
Originally posted by Patton:
Glad they won a game like this. Not ideal situations and they got to come from behind….Having purdy play in poor weather situations has to be concerning going forward.

Purdy did what Josh Allen could not do last night, just saying.

I know Allen totally dropped that perfectly placed deep ball to Diggs and blew a 45 yard FG.

Isn't anyone questioning if Allen can play in 50 degree weather with some ran

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-wanted-tom-brady-to-be-their-quarterback-in-2023-before-settling-on-brock-purdy-per-report/

were in the playoffs in the NFCG why would we talk about something that happened when Trey Lance was still on the roster
Originally posted by Youngone:

Last week's news cycle homie

Didn't see anything about it until now.
Originally posted by ritz126:

were in the playoffs in the NFCG why would we talk about something that happened when Trey Lance was still on the roster

I mean that article didn't say anything about Lance. It was Brock being told if Brady comes in you're going to the bench for this year. Kinda wild.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 22, 2024 at 8:22 AM ]

Glad they didn't do it. Baker was as good this year with Tampa as Tom was last year. Don't buy 45 year old Tom could've done better than what Brock has.

Best moves are the ones you don't make sometimes.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Glad they didn't do it. Baker was as good this year with Tampa as Tom was last year. Don't buy 45 year old Tom could've done better than what Brock has.

Yeah I mean whatever. Brady was fine last yr imo. That TB team was pretty banged up from what I remember.

we've been fine with Brock. Kyle was a couple years too late on going after Brady.
I know Allen totally dropped that perfectly placed deep ball to Diggs and blew a 45 yard FG.

Allen got too greedy and it cost Buffalo the game. He was carving up KC with short passes all game and at the end decided to go #YOLO mode instead of sticking with what had been working.

Difference between him and Mahomes is that Mahomes will take the short stuff all game long if it's there.
I mean that article didn't say anything about Lance. It was Brock being told if Brady comes in you're going to the bench for this year. Kinda wild.

I would have taken Brady for a year. Dude just got tired of being hit.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Allen got too greedy and it cost Buffalo the game. Dude was carving up KC with short passes all game and at the end decided to go #YOLO mode instead of sticking with what had been working.

And made a perfectly placed ball to his best WR.

Allen does some rouge s**t, I can't hate on that play. They didn't lose because of him.
And made a perfectly placed ball to his best WR.

Allen does some rouge s**t, I can't hate on that play. They didn't lose because of him.

Receivers drop passes, it's part of the game, can't lose your composure over it. Swap Allen with Mahomes here, is there any doubt that Mahomes is coming up with a TD eventually?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Receivers drop passes, it's part of the game, can't lose your composure over it. Swap Allen with Mahomes here, is there any doubt that Mahomes is coming up with a TD eventually?

There's no doubt Mahomes would make the throws. There is some doubt on whether the KC guys would catch them though.

Allen really messed up those last two plays. It's what Brock is so much better at him at.

I would've preferred that Brady was never connected to the 49ers the last 3 or so years, but I certainly see why both parties were interested.

The only thing Brady could do that Baker can't do (and possibly Brock too) is get the "glazing" from the NFL, the way the Bucs did in their SB vs. KC.

What he can't do physically, he'll make up for it in BS penalties for the other team's players (even offensive players).....you know, it wasn't enough the Chiefs had no OL in that SB they needed cheap ticky tack penalties that they couldn't be remotely bothered calling in our SB....
Share 49ersWebzone