There are 176 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Patton:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Glad they won a game like this. Not ideal situations and they got to come from behind….Having purdy play in poor weather situations has to be concerning going forward.

Purdy did what Josh Allen could not do last night, just saying.

I just dont see it with Josh Allen.

I think he is super talented and just plain reckless.

Not smart football in crunch time.

Leads the league in INTs the last 2 years.

But allegedly he is top 3 in the league.

Last night was another example of that. He doesn't seem to have a good football IQ. On that final possession he had guys open for a check-down that would have given them a first down but chose to go elsewhere.

Overall, his production was slightly less than Purdy's in the GB game but what he did with that production resulted in an L.

I'll take Purdy.
Has this been talked about?

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/49ers-wanted-tom-brady-to-be-their-quarterback-in-2023-before-settling-on-brock-purdy-per-report/

Not really. It was just found out a few weeks ago. Kinda crazy but I wouldn't of been opposed to it
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Receivers drop passes, it's part of the game, can't lose your composure over it. Swap Allen with Mahomes here, is there any doubt that Mahomes is coming up with a TD eventually?

There's no doubt Mahomes would make the throws. There is some doubt on whether the KC guys would catch them though.

Allen really messed up those last two plays. It's what Brock is so much better at him at.

Allen has the arm that you're "never totally out of it" with........that's what impresses people so much.

Had that guy not dropped the bomb he threw, you'll get people saying s**t like "You see, Purdy could never make that throw!".

Fair word of warning here to Niner fans:

There are STILL NFL fans who question Brady as being a great QB. I totally respect arguments saying he isn't the best ever (I agree with them actually), but to act like he wasn't a great QB is b******t, and it probably took him beating the Seahawks in the SB for people to finally acknowledge the greatness.

So Purdy has a long road ahead, almost regardless of what this team wins, but if we win one with Purdy, at least people can't say he can't win it.

I feel it's absolutely fair to say that Purdy is absolutely a top 5 QB for Kyle's 49ers........maybe he can't carry Buffalo like Allen does, but Allen would do somethings better and some things worse for the Niners (as would most NFL QBs).
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
And made a perfectly placed ball to his best WR.

Allen does some rouge s**t, I can't hate on that play. They didn't lose because of him.

Receivers drop passes, it's part of the game, can't lose your composure over it. Swap Allen with Mahomes here, is there any doubt that Mahomes is coming up with a TD eventually?

QBs miss reads…it's part of the game. Can't lose your composure over it. Go make a play later on which he did. kicker comes in and blows it.

as far as that read went…dude was open all the same. His LT got pushed right back in his lap, by the time he made the throw. I'm not faulting a QB for trying to make a play (when the guy was open), that he's made a million times before.

Acting like Mahomes has never made a play like that (or tried too) is baloney.

FWIW I'm not the one trying to compare Allen to Brock smh. All I said is Brock in poor weather conditions might be a thing. Someone deflected it into something completely different.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 22, 2024 at 8:52 AM ]
Josh Allen might've won the game if he had gone more game manager that last 2 minutes of the game. Ironic. Be Superman all the time may not win you a playoff game.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 22, 2024 at 8:57 AM ]
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Allen has the arm that you're "never totally out of it" with........that's what impresses people so much.

Had that guy not dropped the bomb he threw, you'll get people saying s**t like "You see, Purdy could never make that throw!".

Fair word of warning here to Niner fans:

There are STILL NFL fans who question Brady as being a great QB. I totally respect arguments saying he isn't the best ever (I agree with them actually), but to act like he wasn't a great QB is b******t, and it probably took him beating the Seahawks in the SB for people to finally acknowledge the greatness.

So Purdy has a long road ahead, almost regardless of what this team wins, but if we win one with Purdy, at least people can't say he can't win it.

I feel it's absolutely fair to say that Purdy is absolutely a top 5 QB for Kyle's 49ers........maybe he can't carry Buffalo like Allen does, but Allen would do somethings better and some things worse for the Niners (as would most NFL QBs).

Different QBs with different traits in vastly different schemes/rosters.

Not sure how me talking about Brock having issues in bad weather turned into Allen not being as good as him 🫠
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Josh Allen might've won the if he had gone more game manager that last 2 minutes of the game. Ironic. Be Superman all the time may not win you a playoff game.

Wouldn't have been in that position if hadn't been Superman in that game or in the past.

dude is Brett Favre 2.0. Gotta live with the good and bad. Which can be said for damn near every QB
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Josh Allen might've won the if he had gone more game manager that last 2 minutes of the game. Ironic. Be Superman all the time may not win you a playoff game.

Wouldn't have been in that position if hadn't been Superman in that game or in the past.

dude is Brett Favre 2.0. Gotta live with the good and bad. Which can be said for damn near every QB

I think allen is awesome and made great plays all game but i think his awareness and management at the end was poor. Can't make mistakes like that against Mahommes, IMO. Allen is clearly a top 3 (burrow, Mahommes, and Allen) but he didn't finish that drive strong. Needs to be more aware than that
The predictable ESPN narratives out in full force this morning.

Ryan Clark on Josh Allen: I don't care about the first 3 quarters, couldn't get it done in the end.
Ryan Clark on Purdy: Yeah they came back in the end, but based on the first 3 quarters, no longer has confidence in Brock.

Keep the picks for the Lions coming. This team was feeling too good about themselves. I expect them to come in pissed next week.

QBs miss reads…it's part of the game.

Not when the games on the line. Allen blew it, pure and simple. Physically he's an absolute stud but his football IQ is a tad bit lacking. It is what it is.
Purdy is a good QB. If the comparison is Jimmy G. always, sure, he is much better.
The 49ers can win the SB with him if the defense is elite, not avg and sometimes good. Where the heck is the $100 million/year DLINE? All big names, all small play.
Either you have an elite QB or an elite defense. The 49ers TODAY, have neither.
If kittle didn't drop that pass on the final drive, Brock would of been perfect when we needed him most to win the game. I love that.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I think allen is awesome and made great plays all game but i think his awareness and management at the end was poor. Can't make mistakes like that against Mahommes, IMO. Allen is clearly a top 3 (burrow, Mahommes, and Allen) but he didn't finish that drive strong. Needs to be more aware than that

Nope he didn't…he also had them in a position to tie the game with a makable FG.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Nope he didn't…he also had them in a position to tie the game with a makable FG.

At the end of the day, the bills didn't lose because of Allen. They were in that situation because of him. He gave them a chance to keep it going g and the kicker failed him, like the defense did all day.

allen just made decision making mistakes at the end. Sucks cause I wanted them to win
Share 49ersWebzone