There are 107 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
I think the difference we keep seeing between KC and BUF, one team has a HOF coach and the other team doesn't.

There was nothing wrong with the coaching yesterday. Allen messed up the big moment.

That punt fake was clownish and wasn't even close.

Lol awful decision. Timing. It was like 8 yards. Lmao
Originally posted by NYniner85:

lol just agitating a fan base for the hell of it

The narrative was always dumb. We've trailed in the 4th quarter before by a TD with KS and came back to win. We were also down 17 against the Rams a few years ago and came back to win. It's just arbitrary to choose trailing at the start of the 4th quarter as the most meaningful metric of a team's ability to come from behind and with the exception of Mahomes, everyone has a poor record in those situations.
Reid > McDermott, I don't know how you can argue otherwise, not an easy position. That's what these games come down to. Not surprising to see Harbaugh vs Reid, that's two elite HOF coaches. McDermott bowing out in postseason like always, despite having a true MVP level QB.

Whos arguing otherwise. Ball is on the 20 with 2 minutes to go down 4. Players are running wide open underneath and Allen tries to play hero ball. I don't blame coaching for that.
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Colin cowherd just taking a dump on Brock this morning, even when we win the Super Bowl they are going to continue to discount him

I get it's part of the sport but I 99% avoid all media bs between games and especially pundits. I usually go to the local beat writers etc for actual teams, coaches, and player updates/ interviews etc. That being said I give the pundits like cowherd credit. He's getting paid millions for what we do here on the forums lol
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Reid > McDermott, I don't know how you can argue otherwise, not an easy position. That's what these games come down to. Not surprising to see Harbaugh vs Reid, that's two elite HOF coaches. McDermott bowing out in postseason like always, despite having a true MVP level QB.

Whos arguing otherwise. Ball is on the 20 with 2 minutes to go down 4. Players are running wide open underneath and Allen tries to play hero ball. I don't blame coaching for that.

You want to have your cake and eat it to, by seemingly admitting KC has the better coach and then saying coaching has little to no impact. But having a better HC has a major impact. It's why we keep winning in Jan. I think Kyle can get more analytical and even better, but he's a great coach, we would spank BUF in postseason also. Kyle would probably run circles around McDermott.
You want to have your cake and eat it to, by seemingly admitting KC has the better coach and then saying coaching has little to no impact. But having a better HC has a major impact. It's why we keep winning in Jan. I think Kyle can get more analytical and even better, but he's a great coach, we would spank BUF in postseason also. Kyle would probably run circles around McDermott.

KC has a better HC and a much smarter QB.

No im saying the difference in this game wasn't coaching, specifically offensive coaching. How many drops did Buffalo have? How many times were guys open and Allen didn't see or missed them? Bills ran all over the Chiefs too.

Players lost the game for Buffalo. Too banged up and their QB came up small when it counted.

Is Reid better than McDermott? Sure. But THIS game wasn't down to coaching.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 22, 2024 at 9:46 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Was the difference

The way today's NFL is, there are a ton of variables and matchups, but often success comes down to those two spots. We saw Belichick and Brady run the NFL, now Reid and Mahomes is that duo. Walking into near all matchups with a better HC and QB is an insane advantage.

we all knew this was gonna be the media's standpoint this week
Give Shannon props. He has admitted he was wrong on Purdy and gave him credit for the comeback. Everyone else is doing the same narrative.

So smart he won an MVP and couldn't read defenses 😝
Originally posted by tankle104:

Share 49ersWebzone