There are 89 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

we all knew this was gonna be the media's standpoint this week

Brock sucked last week imo, but I think a lot of that was him having obvious issues gripping the ball. Should do a clinic vs DET if conditions are clean
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
You want to have your cake and eat it to, by seemingly admitting KC has the better coach and then saying coaching has little to no impact. But having a better HC has a major impact. It's why we keep winning in Jan. I think Kyle can get more analytical and even better, but he's a great coach, we would spank BUF in postseason also. Kyle would probably run circles around McDermott.

KC has a better HC and a much smarter QB.

14 years in philly without a chip...you sure about that?
orgasmic. Still can't get over the amazing throw and catch to Aiyuk.
Brock sucked last week imo, but I think a lot of that was him having obvious issues gripping the ball. Should do a clinic vs DET if conditions are clean

Niners are going to wreck the lions and the media isn't going to know wtf to do. Lol
Originally posted by tankle104:

Niners are going to wreck the lions and the media isn't going to know wtf to do. Lol

Talking QB and HC advantage, I think we have both for this NFCCG.
Talking QB and HC advantage, I think we have both for this NFCCG.

Should have a big D advantage too if it's called well.
  • thl408

And the trust to go to Conley. Brock doesn't play favorites, he reads the coverage and picks the correct target.
The fact is that Purdy is held to a different standard with the media. He has to be perfect to get praise and the littlest of struggles gets him the "game manager" label. If he plays well, it's because "he has all these weapons." If he plays poorly it's "look he's a mediocre 7th round game manager." He can't do anything to change the narrative. The media has already chosen Mahomes and Jackson as their "babies" and will defend them to no end. As bad as it seemed Purdy played, he had better stats in every category compared to the media darling Love. On Saturday he had a better Rating, QBR, less turnovers, more passing yards, more rushing yards and won the game. But yet you'll hear everyone on the networks praise how "tough" and "gritty" Love played and how he outplayed Purdy. It's ridiculous. Purdy is held to a standard of a 10 year veteran when people forget this is his 2nd freaking season. Love is a year older than Purdy too. It is freaking comical. Then everyone in the media seems to forget just exactly what Purdy is doing AFTER coming back from a reconstruction of his ELBOW. Purdy is HIM. He has that DOG in him. Don't let these pundits fool you.
Originally posted by thl408:
And the trust to go to Conley. Brock doesn't play favorites, he reads the coverage and picks the correct target.

We have problems if Ray Ray is running around like an idiot and Conley is getting targets in a big game. We have WR depth issues. Where is Bell?

we all knew this was gonna be the media's standpoint this week

I agree with all three comments

Brock Purdy can win a SB, but that doesn't mean he's the QB that Mahomes or Lamar are. Maybe he continues to improve and we have the discussion. If the Niners win it all, it's because our team is superior.

Of course the Nick Wrights of the world will say these things. Only a SB victory will quell the BS.

Brock had his worst game as a pro with his most clutch moment to end. He has obvious rain liabilities, and probably wouldn't be as successful in the AFC. With dry conditions, no rust, getting into a rhythm at the end, and hopefully Deebo, we should score 30+.

We have problems if Ray Ray is running around like an idiot and Conley is getting targets in a big game. We have WR depth issues. Where is Bell?

Kyle trust Conley more than Bell. Also Conley is more versatile. Conley is ready to play any of the WR positions. That is a big deal because you never know who gets injured in a game.
I think allen is awesome and made great plays all game but i think his awareness and management at the end was poor. Can't make mistakes like that against Mahommes, IMO. Allen is clearly a top 3 (burrow, Mahommes, and Allen) but he didn't finish that drive strong. Needs to be more aware than that

Nope he didn't…he also had them in a position to tie the game with a makable FG.

Were you saying the same thing after the Cleveland game with Purdy?

I feel like that final drive was the first time Brock went back to his usual footwork. He had some super sloppy footwork most of that game.

and look, it's well documented how much I believe in Brock, but he really played poorly in the rain.

i think we will have a huge game on Sunday. Time to let everyone know who the f**k we are, again. A few weeks ago, everyone was saying we were by far the best team. It's time to let everyone f**kin know.

Packers game woke us up and this team isn't tryna lose the 3rd straight NFCC. They won't be messing around, Jack.

Kyle doesnt trust rookies
Originally posted by libertyforever:

Kyle trust Conley more than Bell. Also Conley is more versatile. Conley is ready to play any of the WR positions. That is a big deal because you never know who gets injured in a game.

I like Conley from a skills point of view, my concern is I think he caught like 3 balls all season. Brock is an anticipatory thrower. If Conley isn't at the right spot we have problems. If Deebo is out we have a huge drop off. Ray Ray is no WR imo. I think we had plays on that final drive where both Conley and Ray Ray are on the field. Not good.
Share 49ersWebzone