There are 101 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
orgasmic. Still can't get over the amazing throw and catch to Aiyuk.

Agree 💯%, that was a DOT's DOT! 😳😳😳
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by thl408:
And the trust to go to Conley. Brock doesn't play favorites, he reads the coverage and picks the correct target.

We have problems if Ray Ray is running around like an idiot and Conley is getting targets in a big game. We have WR depth issues. Where is Bell?

Bell is unreliable at this stage.

Ray Ray is rarely in position and when he is he alligators his catch attempt.

Strangest thing.
Originally posted by Giedi:

DOT'S DOT = Spank bank material 😈😍😍
Originally posted by Crown:
And the trust to go to Conley. Brock doesn't play favorites, he reads the coverage and picks the correct target.

We have problems if Ray Ray is running around like an idiot and Conley is getting targets in a big game. We have WR depth issues. Where is Bell?

Bell is unreliable at this stage.

Ray Ray is rarely in position and when he is he alligators his catch attempt.

Strangest thing.

Brock seemed to be visibly frustrated with Ray Ray after that incompletion.

I don't think that one was on Ray Ray. He was open to the sideline. Brock threw it between two defenders. Lead him up the sideline and it's a huge gain.
Coward is talking about "small hands" and minus Deebo and the Rain. Nick WRONG is just pure vitriol. Look at his Twitter posts. OMG. Keyshawn it wasn't a comeback because it wasn't double digits down. Ryan Clark said "I had to pretend all year Brock Purdy was an MVP candidate."

The hate and vitriol is out of control. Did we win? Did Brock have the game winning drive?

• thl408
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

I don't think that one was on Ray Ray. He was open to the sideline. Brock threw it between two defenders. Lead him up the sideline and it's a huge gain.

RayRay ran a Corner route (turned outside) but Brock threw a slot fade (inside shoulder). The way Brock was frustrated, it seemed as though RayRay was in the wrong. But only the guys in the meeting room know.
  • Disp
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Coward is talking about "small hands" and minus Deebo and the Rain. Nick WRONG is just pure vitriol. Look at his Twitter posts. OMG. Keyshawn it wasn't a comeback because it wasn't double digits down. Ryan Clark said "I had to pretend all year Brock Purdy was an MVP candidate."

The hate and vitriol is out of control. Did we win? Did Brock have the game winning drive?

Dude how many times a day do you need to post these Nick Wright takes? You're his #1 viewer. Probably made $1000 this year in advertising just from the clicks you're single handedly giving him.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

we all knew this was gonna be the media's standpoint this week

Brock sucked last week imo, but I think a lot of that was him having obvious issues gripping the ball. Should do a clinic vs DET if conditions are clean

I agree with all three comments

Brock Purdy can win a SB, but that doesn't mean he's the QB that Mahomes or Lamar are. Maybe he continues to improve and we have the discussion. If the Niners win it all, it's because our team is superior.

Of course the Nick Wrights of the world will say these things. Only a SB victory will quell the BS.

Brock had his worst game as a pro with his most clutch moment to end. He has obvious rain liabilities, and probably wouldn't be as successful in the AFC. With dry conditions, no rust, getting into a rhythm at the end, and hopefully Deebo, we should score 30+.

Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle weren't 1,000 yard producers under Jimmy so I think Brock elevated them to be 1000+ recievers. So - in a sense - he's just as good as Patrick and Lamar, just more mentally than physically.

As to physically - he has good mobility and an above average arm. So physically, I think he's just a step below Patrick and Lamar.

Overall, give him a better OLine and he's capable of dominating the NFL the way Patrick has done these past several years.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I agree with all three comments

Brock Purdy can win a SB, but that doesn't mean he's the QB that Mahomes or Lamar are. Maybe he continues to improve and we have the discussion. If the Niners win it all, it's because our team is superior.

Of course the Nick Wrights of the world will say these things. Only a SB victory will quell the BS.

Brock had his worst game as a pro with his most clutch moment to end. He has obvious rain liabilities, and probably wouldn't be as successful in the AFC. With dry conditions, no rust, getting into a rhythm at the end, and hopefully Deebo, we should score 30+.

So Mahomes has won with a stacked team and gets all the credit. Lamar is winning on a stacked team and he gets the credit. Brock wins and its because of the team. Maybe stop watching ESPN and Fox Sports.

Originally posted by Patton:
Glad they won a game like this. Not ideal situations and they got to come from behind….Having purdy play in poor weather situations has to be concerning going forward.

Purdy did what Josh Allen could not do last night, just saying.

I know Allen totally dropped that perfectly placed deep ball to Diggs and blew a 45 yard FG.

Isn't anyone questioning if Allen can play in 50 degree weather with some ran

Did the cold stop Mahomes? Did that pass to Diggs win Allen that game? Who's still playing game next week, Allen or Purdy?

Just saying. 👍
Originally posted by Giedi:

DOT'S DOT = Spank bank material 😈😍😍

That was the Brock we've been high on the whole season, who was struggling earlier in the game...but showing up when our backs were to the wall.

Super proud of the kid.
Originally posted by boast:

Kyle doesnt trust rookies

Annnd Bell is a major liability it seems lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Winning tends to shut those lower Football IQ talking heads. All Brock has to do is continue to win - and they will eventually sing a different tune.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

RayRay ran a Corner route (turned outside) but Brock threw a slot fade (inside shoulder). The way Brock was frustrated, it seemed as though RayRay was in the wrong. But only the guys in the meeting room know.

Need that gif I thought I saw Purdy say 'what the heck are you doing' in anger. But that's my lip reading, which may or may not be accurate.
Share 49ersWebzone