There are 128 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
orgasmic. Still can't get over the amazing throw and catch to Aiyuk.

Purdy going head first instead of a baseball slide at the end of the scramble was awesome as well.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Brock seemed to be visibly frustrated with Ray Ray after that incompletion.

I don't think that one was on Ray Ray. He was open to the sideline. Brock threw it between two defenders. Lead him up the sideline and it's a huge gain.

RayRay ran a Corner route (turned outside) but Brock threw a slot fade (inside shoulder). The way Brock was frustrated, it seemed as though RayRay was in the wrong. But only the guys in the meeting room know.

Need that gif I thought I saw Purdy say 'what the heck are you doing' in anger. But that's my lip reading, which may or may not be accurate.

I agree with your lip reading.

I do think Ray Ray ran the wrong route. Bottom line, if Deebo was playing, that probably wouldn't happen. Hope Deebo heals up quick. No visible fractures detected when he was tested, so hopefully its just a bruise.
Originally posted by Giedi:
Winning tends to shut those lower Football IQ talking heads. All Brock has to do is continue to win - and they will eventually sing a different tune.

Damn, there's a bunch of closet Brock haters here with low IQs then
Damn never thought years ago Sherman would be the one talking the most sense when discussing the 49ers.

• thl408

I don't think that one was on Ray Ray. He was open to the sideline. Brock threw it between two defenders. Lead him up the sideline and it's a huge gain.

RayRay ran a Corner route (turned outside) but Brock threw a slot fade (inside shoulder). The way Brock was frustrated, it seemed as though RayRay was in the wrong. But only the guys in the meeting room know.

Need that gif I thought I saw Purdy say 'what the heck are you doing' in anger. But that's my lip reading, which may or may not be accurate.

That's what I lip read as well. Then the two guys were talking on the sideline. Then it was Conley in on the final drive, not RayRay.

The scramble on 2 and 10 was massive
Originally posted by dj43:

Purdy going head first instead of a baseball slide at the end of the scramble was awesome as well.

I almost feel the head first slide keeps you safer from injury than the foot first slide. Don't have anything to back that up, but just seems safer to me.

That's what I lip read as well. Then the two guys were talking on the sideline. Then it was Conley in on the final drive, not RayRay.

Conley was in, and I think Ray Ray was also. Cuz I rewatched the Conley catch, and I think I saw Ray Ray on the field. In any event, I am very concerned about the drop off after JJ. I think we banked on Gray or Bell being serviceable at this point.
Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:
Damn never thought years ago Sherman would be the one talking the most sense when discussing the 49ers.

Keyshawn's points were pathetic. Using the Packers missed FG as an excuse but our miss couldn't be discussed. Then arguing that we'd call the game differently had they made the FG, as if we didn't need a TD either way, which Sherman kept hammering. I only watched today to confirm what I suspected, but will be avoiding this trash the rest of the week.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
And the trust to go to Conley. Brock doesn't play favorites, he reads the coverage and picks the correct target.

We have problems if Ray Ray is running around like an idiot and Conley is getting targets in a big game. We have WR depth issues. Where is Bell?

Kyle trust Conley more than Bell. Also Conley is more versatile. Conley is ready to play any of the WR positions. That is a big deal because you never know who gets injured in a game.

I like Conley from a skills point of view, my concern is I think he caught like 3 balls all season. Brock is an anticipatory thrower. If Conley isn't at the right spot we have problems. If Deebo is out we have a huge drop off. Ray Ray is no WR imo. I think we had plays on that final drive where both Conley and Ray Ray are on the field. Not good.

It is what it is. If Deebo can't go Bell would probably be active. Ray Ray can do the jet sweep or screen. We can use more of Elijah at RB.

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
And the trust to go to Conley. Brock doesn't play favorites, he reads the coverage and picks the correct target.

We have problems if Ray Ray is running around like an idiot and Conley is getting targets in a big game. We have WR depth issues. Where is Bell?

Kyle trust Conley more than Bell. Also Conley is more versatile. Conley is ready to play any of the WR positions. That is a big deal because you never know who gets injured in a game.

I like Conley from a skills point of view, my concern is I think he caught like 3 balls all season. Brock is an anticipatory thrower. If Conley isn't at the right spot we have problems. If Deebo is out we have a huge drop off. Ray Ray is no WR imo. I think we had plays on that final drive where both Conley and Ray Ray are on the field. Not good.

It is what it is. If Deebo can't go Bell would probably be active. Ray Ray can do the jet sweep or screen. We can use more of Elijah at RB.

wouldn't mind seeing CMC run some of those sweeps.

Bell has 2 nice TDs this year but both were in the end zone.

Out of the endzone he as looked sketchy.
  • thl408

Conley was in, and I think Ray Ray was also. Cuz I rewatched the Conley catch, and I think I saw Ray Ray on the field. In any event, I am very concerned about the drop off after JJ. I think we banked on Gray or Bell being serviceable at this point.

Ah ok. I didn't notice RayRay in on the final drive.
Originally posted by wallangong:

Keyshawn's points were pathetic. Using the Packers missed FG as an excuse but our miss couldn't be discussed. Then arguing that we'd call the game differently had they made the FG, as if we didn't need a TD either way, which Sherman kept hammering. I only watched today to confirm what I suspected, but will be avoiding this trash the rest of the week.

Skip is probably really upset the Packs lost because it shows how it makes the Cowboys loss look even worse. I know he was hoping the Packs would win so he could say they lost to a really good team.
Originally posted by wallangong:

It's not a come from behind in the 4th QR because it needs to more of a deficit lol derp. 7 pts isn't enough.

Keyshawn Is trolling so hard. If we win the SB, they will still s**t on this team and Brock. Guarantee it.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 22, 2024 at 10:47 AM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I agree with all three comments

Brock Purdy can win a SB, but that doesn't mean he's the QB that Mahomes or Lamar are. Maybe he continues to improve and we have the discussion. If the Niners win it all, it's because our team is superior.

Of course the Nick Wrights of the world will say these things. Only a SB victory will quell the BS.

Brock had his worst game as a pro with his most clutch moment to end. He has obvious rain liabilities, and probably wouldn't be as successful in the AFC. With dry conditions, no rust, getting into a rhythm at the end, and hopefully Deebo, we should score 30+.

So Mahomes has won with a stacked team and gets all the credit. Lamar is winning on a stacked team and he gets the credit. Brock wins and its because of the team. Maybe stop watching ESPN and Fox Sports.

What I'm saying is I watched all the games in the playoffs and many of the games during the season. After WC round:
1) Mahomes
2) Jackson
3) Allen
4) Burrow*
5) Stroud
6) Purdy
7) Love
8) Stafford
9) Rodgers*
10) Herbert*

After Divisional:
1) Mahomes
2) Jackson
3) Burrow*
4) Allen
5) Purdy
6) Love
7) Stroud
8) Stafford
9) Rodgers*
10) Herbert*

I thought Allen played a great game until it absolutely mattered and he didn't do it. Purdy was the opposite. Love showed he's going to be very good, but now has some decision-making issues potentially. Stroud showed he's a long way from taking a roster with less talent on the road.

My opinion is based on the evidence I've seen plus taking in lots of viewpoints, from national media and local media, and long time Niner fans who are realistic.
Share 49ersWebzone