There are 193 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The media was given a golden story to write about… Mr. irrelevant comes in and takes a team to back-to-back NFCCs.

true underdog story. Dude is humble and talks about the team more than him.

instead they've tried to s**t on him every step of the way…all while propping up s**t like Tommy cutlets, Joe Flacco, & Jared Goff lol.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
The media was given a golden story to write about… Mr. irrelevant comes in and takes a team to back-to-back NFCCs.

instead they've tried to s**t on him every step of the way…all while propping up s**t like Tommy cutlets, Joe Flacco, & Jared Goff lol.

Wouldn't be a good Movie without everyone doubting him on his way to glory.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Jcool:
I agree with all three comments

Brock Purdy can win a SB, but that doesn't mean he's the QB that Mahomes or Lamar are. Maybe he continues to improve and we have the discussion. If the Niners win it all, it's because our team is superior.

Of course the Nick Wrights of the world will say these things. Only a SB victory will quell the BS.

Brock had his worst game as a pro with his most clutch moment to end. He has obvious rain liabilities, and probably wouldn't be as successful in the AFC. With dry conditions, no rust, getting into a rhythm at the end, and hopefully Deebo, we should score 30+.

So Mahomes has won with a stacked team and gets all the credit. Lamar is winning on a stacked team and he gets the credit. Brock wins and its because of the team. Maybe stop watching ESPN and Fox Sports.

What I'm saying is I watched all the games in the playoffs and many of the games during the season. After WC round:
1) Mahomes
2) Jackson
3) Allen
4) Burrow*
5) Stroud
6) Purdy
7) Love
8) Stafford
9) Rodgers*
10) Herbert*

After Divisional:
1) Mahomes
2) Jackson
3) Burrow*
4) Allen
5) Purdy
6) Love
7) Stroud
8) Stafford
9) Rodgers*
10) Herbert*

I thought Allen played a great game until it absolutely mattered and he didn't do it. Purdy was the opposite. Love showed he's going to be very good, but now has some decision-making issues potentially. Stroud showed he's a long way from taking a roster with less talent on the road.

My opinion is based on the evidence I've seen plus taking in lots of viewpoints, from national media and local media, and long time Niner fans who are realistic.

… therefore it would take a more complete team effort for Purdy to beat on the guys above. Our team bests their team. Last night, KC and BUF had essentially similar rosters, both imperfect. Mahomes was better than Allen.
I thought Allen played a great game until it absolutely mattered and he didn't do it. Purdy was the opposite. Love played a great game until it absolutely mattered and he didn't do it. Purdy was the opposite.ove showed he's going to be very good, but now has some decision-making issues potentially. Stroud showed he's a long way from taking a roster with less talent on the road.

My opinion is based on the evidence I've seen plus taking in lots of viewpoints, from national media and local media, and long time Niner fans who are realistic.

Nailed it!!!

Because angry 49ers fans generate more clicks=more revenue. If 49ers fans would just stop feeding into the clickbait money making machine, they would stop with the hot garbage takes. We are just easy money for them.

Kinda crazy huh. You'd think they'd be propping up Purdy until they're blue in the face but oh well. f**k em all.

us against the world, baby. Just needs to play like his normal self these next two games and we have a real chance. Man we've only played 1 game but these playoffs have felt like forever. That divisional game took a lot out of me. Lol

Let's face it fans. The only way they'll ever give him any respect is if hehas a big game in the NFC title game and then follows that by having a good game leading the team to a SB win. If they lose either game it's going to be because that 7th round pick is just average. The story lines have already been written. Even a SB win won't be enough unless he throws for 300+ and 3 TDs. It's hard to overcome the stigma of being the last pick in the draft. He's also fighting the storyline about it being all about Kyle and the talent on the team.
Originally posted by Disp:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Coward is talking about "small hands" and minus Deebo and the Rain. Nick WRONG is just pure vitriol. Look at his Twitter posts. OMG. Keyshawn it wasn't a comeback because it wasn't double digits down. Ryan Clark said "I had to pretend all year Brock Purdy was an MVP candidate."

The hate and vitriol is out of control. Did we win? Did Brock have the game winning drive?

Dude how many times a day do you need to post these Nick Wright takes? You're his #1 viewer. Probably made $1000 this year in advertising just from the clicks you're single handedly giving him.

He gets viewers and wins money?

Originally posted by SlipAndSlideBosa:

Wouldn't be a good Movie without everyone doubting him on his way to glory.

This current situation is similar to the massive disrespect shown towards Montana during his early seasons. He certainly was not the main story leading up to the 1981 NFC Championship Game. The Cowboys and Danny White were. He still didn't garner much attention or respect until he won his second Super Bowl in the process of destroying the Dolphins. Bottom line? It took YEARS for Montana to get the kind of attention he deserved. This is Glock's first starting season from start to finish. He's been dismissed, criticized, minimized and compartmentalized. Fine. Montana loved it. I'm sure Glock probably does too as he commences his "prove it" tour and shuts some holes in the process.

I was with this post until you mentioned Jared Goff. He had a damn good season and was a fringe MVP candidate for much of it. And there was a nice story with him too.

… therefore it would take a more complete team effort for Purdy to beat on the guys above. Our team bests their team. Last night, KC and BUF had essentially similar rosters, both imperfect. Mahomes was better than Allen.

I agree. But Allen didn't get an ounce's worth of help from his defense. The Bills just collapsed late in the game. KC could run and pass at will in those final 2-3 drives. It took a fumble and a touchback to make the game as close as it was. So, while Mahomes was better, he also benefitted from the better defense. That means a lot.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Because angry 49ers fans generate more clicks=more revenue. If 49ers fans would just stop feeding into the clickbait money making machine, they would stop with the hot garbage takes. We are just easy money for them.

Media be like: did you say fortywhiners
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Media be like: did you say fortywhiners

That is exactly right.
Originally posted by libertyforever:
It is what it is. If Deebo can't go Bell would probably be active. Ray Ray can do the jet sweep or screen. We can use more of Elijah at RB.

Would have been nice if Gray was actually worthwhile. Imagine if they had taken a WR that can actually get snaps.
No matter what he does, he can never get his due credit. disgusting behavior to say the least
Share 49ersWebzone