There are 186 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
The media was given a golden story to write about… Mr. irrelevant comes in and takes a team to back-to-back NFCCs.

true underdog story. Dude is humble and talks about the team more than him.

instead they've tried to s**t on him every step of the way…all while propping up s**t like Tommy cutlets, Joe Flacco, & Jared Goff lol.

Kinda crazy huh. You'd think they'd be propping up Purdy until they're blue in the face but oh well. f**k em all.

us against the world, baby. Just needs to play like his normal self these next two games and we have a real chance. Man we've only played 1 game but these playoffs have felt like forever. That divisional game took a lot out of me. Lol

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Let's face it fans. The only way they'll ever give him any respect is if hehas a big game in the NFC title game and then follows that by having a good game leading the team to a SB win. If they lose either game it's going to be because that 7th round pick is just average. The story lines have already been written. Even a SB win won't be enough unless he throws for 300+ and 3 TDs. It's hard to overcome the stigma of being the last pick in the draft. He's also fighting the storyline about it being all about Kyle and the talent on the team.

Maybe Purdy as a devoted christian white boy isn't what they're looking for?
Originally posted by YACBros85:
The media was given a golden story to write about… Mr. irrelevant comes in and takes a team to back-to-back NFCCs.

instead they've tried to s**t on him every step of the way…all while propping up s**t like Tommy cutlets, Joe Flacco, & Jared Goff lol.

Because angry 49ers fans generate more clicks=more revenue. If 49ers fans would just stop feeding into the clickbait money making machine, they would stop with the hot garbage takes. We are just easy money for them.

That's massively irresponsible
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
No matter what he does, he can never get his due credit. disgusting behavior to say the least

Yeah I agree.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Kinda crazy huh. You'd think they'd be propping up Purdy until they're blue in the face but oh well. f**k em all.

us against the world, baby. Just needs to play like his normal self these next two games and we have a real chance. Man we've only played 1 game but these playoffs have felt like forever. That divisional game took a lot out of me. Lol

Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Let's face it fans. The only way they'll ever give him any respect is if hehas a big game in the NFC title game and then follows that by having a good game leading the team to a SB win. If they lose either game it's going to be because that 7th round pick is just average. The story lines have already been written. Even a SB win won't be enough unless he throws for 300+ and 3 TDs. It's hard to overcome the stigma of being the last pick in the draft. He's also fighting the storyline about it being all about Kyle and the talent on the team.

Maybe Purdy as a devoted christian white boy isn't what they're looking for?

I think it's the years of the media arguing of if Jimmy was legit or was it kyle, factored in with Brock being pick 262.

all Brock has to do is what he's been doing, and he will change it all. I hope he wins a chip this year, that's all that really matters. Idc if the media disses him. I prefer it when we are doubted. I don't like it when everyone is telling us how great we are because the players see that s**t and I think it makes some of the players "comfortable". A lot of guys on that team, no way it doesn't happen. I'd prefer them being talked down about.

How so? Nobody is making a 49er fan go watch someone like Nick Wright. I think people today really enjoy getting angry just for the sake of getting angry....so they watch their unfavourite trolls babble away.
Originally posted by thl408:
orgasmic. Still can't get over the amazing throw and catch to Aiyuk.

And the trust to go to Conley. Brock doesn't play favorites, he reads the coverage and picks the correct target.

I feel like that final drive was the first time Brock went back to his usual footwork. He had some super sloppy footwork most of that game.

A lot of his "footwork problems" early in the game were the result of having a defender in his field of vision and having to adjust his delivery point to get past their hands. Kyle mentioned it in his presser.

This morning, GMFB showed two sets of clips from the game. One was all of his "bad" throws, The other was the final drive. The difference in pass protection was obvious. In the first clip, the pocket was smaller with more pressure in Purdy's face, and he was constantly adjusting his feet. In the second clip, he had a clear pocket most of the time and his footwork was, as you noticed, much better.

I'm thinking it was a combination of the 49ers OL adjusting and playing better while GB IDs were wearing down a bit. In either case, pressure and footwork are interrelated.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
I agree with all three comments

Brock Purdy can win a SB, but that doesn't mean he's the QB that Mahomes or Lamar are. Maybe he continues to improve and we have the discussion. If the Niners win it all, it's because our team is superior.

Of course the Nick Wrights of the world will say these things. Only a SB victory will quell the BS.

Brock had his worst game as a pro with his most clutch moment to end. He has obvious rain liabilities, and probably wouldn't be as successful in the AFC. With dry conditions, no rust, getting into a rhythm at the end, and hopefully Deebo, we should score 30+.

So Mahomes has won with a stacked team and gets all the credit. Lamar is winning on a stacked team and he gets the credit. Brock wins and its because of the team. Maybe stop watching ESPN and Fox Sports.

What I'm saying is I watched all the games in the playoffs and many of the games during the season. After WC round:
1) Mahomes
2) Jackson
3) Allen
4) Burrow*
5) Stroud
6) Purdy
7) Love
8) Stafford
9) Rodgers*
10) Herbert*

After Divisional:
1) Mahomes
2) Jackson
3) Burrow*
4) Allen
5) Purdy
6) Love
7) Stroud
8) Stafford
9) Rodgers*
10) Herbert*

I thought Allen played a great game until it absolutely mattered and he didn't do it. Purdy was the opposite. Love showed he's going to be very good, but now has some decision-making issues potentially. Stroud showed he's a long way from taking a roster with less talent on the road.

My opinion is based on the evidence I've seen plus taking in lots of viewpoints, from national media and local media, and long time Niner fans who are realistic.

Allen is the new Steve Young - until he gets that monkey off his back by coming through in the clutch, he will just be a talented guy who can't get it done when it matters the most.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Brock seemed to be visibly frustrated with Ray Ray after that incompletion.

I don't think that one was on Ray Ray. He was open to the sideline. Brock threw it between two defenders. Lead him up the sideline and it's a huge gain.

Shanahan said Brock threw it "on timing," meaning where he expected Ray Ray to be. Ray Ray went off-schedule. It was on Ray Ray.

Brock threw it to 5 i different receivers that final drive. Plus a sneak to convert on 3rd and a nice little 9 yard scramble just before CMC punched it in
Originally posted by dj43:
Allen is the new Steve Young - until he gets that monkey off his back by coming through in the clutch, he will just be a talented guy who can't get it done when it matters the most.

Allen was replacing a QB in Buffalo who won multiple Superbowl titles?
Originally posted by RickyRoma:

How so? Nobody is making a 49er fan go watch someone like Nick Wright. I think people today really enjoy getting angry just for the sake of getting angry....so they watch their unfavourite trolls babble away.

Because when less informed sports fans are watching these shows for information, they regenerate this nonsense to others, as if what they're saying is fact.

Wet ball probably would have slipped right for a pick 6 lol, he saved us
Originally posted by Giedi:
Deebo, Aiyuk, Kittle weren't 1,000 yard producers under Jimmy so I think Brock elevated them to be 1000+ recievers. So - in a sense - he's just as good as Patrick and Lamar, just more mentally than physically.

As to physically - he has good mobility and an above average arm. So physically, I think he's just a step below Patrick and Lamar.

Overall, give him a better OLine and he's capable of dominating the NFL the way Patrick has done these past several years.

I locked in on a comparison between the way Brendel was getting rag-dolled by Kenny Clark and the way Creed Humphrey was rag-dolling guys all over the field for KC. The relative impact was HUGE.
Share 49ersWebzone