Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 172 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Kyle talked about this and said the plan was to get this to Aiyuk and then they'd have two shots at the end zone before half - one of the reasons I think it's overblown about his time management, he just didn't want the pack to have another turn with the ball.

Kyle said Brock didn't have the time though, but this does. So idk what the truth is. I believe Kyle said protection didn't hold up long enough.
Originally posted by Montana:

I love how Steve loves Purdy..he has always been a very vocal supporter of Purdy since the begginng . Also, I think Steve may have been right on the rest factor some here. 21 days is a ton of time to be off, especially, for someone as competitive as BP is.

Rust off, rain gone, Gunslinger will be ballin' this Sun!

Yeah I think all of the talk is over blown. The nfl is a weekly emotional sport when it comes to peoples perceptions. One week you can be crowned the greatest thing ever and the next you're nothing. Lol

we will be fine and beat the f**kin brakes off the lions. They aren't in the same class as us.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I love how Steve loves Purdy..he has always been a very vocal supporter of Purdy since the begginng . Also, I think Steve may have been right on the rest factor some here. 21 days is a ton of time to be off, especially, for someone as competitive as BP is.

Rust off, rain gone, Gunslinger will be ballin' this Sun!

Man o man Steve would be one he'll of a coach for Kyle, if he ever decided to go into in the coaching Gridiron. I know he's set for life with his billions, but man, just hoping maybe someday he'd take a shot at coaching QBs For Kyle.
"And again, I think he's one of the best in the league, and he does it in his own Brock Purdy way. And I've said for over a year, let Brock cook. Give him a play, let him figure it out, and he will figure it out. He's got a special mind that can figure stuff out."

What happened? He became Mr. Efficient," Young stated. "The ball came out, they made the completions, they made the plays. He did everything that you would want a Super Bowl quarterback to do in the key moments. And he's young. It's amazing. There's going to be a movie about him. There's going to have to be a movie about him at some point. And I've interviewed him, and know him, and he's just a fascinating human being.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:

Kyle talked about this and said the plan was to get this to Aiyuk and then they'd have two shots at the end zone before half - one of the reasons I think it's overblown about his time management, he just didn't want the pack to have another turn with the ball.

Kyle said Brock didn't have the time though, but this does. So idk what the truth is. I believe Kyle said protection didn't hold up long enough.

Brock would be so much better if that right side of the OLine would solidify a bit more. Man o man the possibilities next year with some decent drafting on that side *and/or* continued improvement of Mckivitz.

Not sure but kinda looks like the DE on the right would've been in Brock's face before the window to BA opened up. Kinda bang bang and could go either way

Kyle hadn't seen the film. Clearly they did hold up and Brock just checked it too quickly. But this is why you wait for the film.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
This current situation is similar to the massive disrespect shown towards Montana during his early seasons. He certainly was not the main story leading up to the 1981 NFC Championship Game. The Cowboys and Danny White were. He still didn't garner much attention or respect until he won his second Super Bowl in the process of destroying the Dolphins. Bottom line? It took YEARS for Montana to get the kind of attention he deserved. This is Glock's first starting season from start to finish. He's been dismissed, criticized, minimized and compartmentalized. Fine. Montana loved it. I'm sure Glock probably does too as he commences his "prove it" tour and shuts some holes in the process.

Good post. Accurate about the Montana comparison. Even after beating Marino and Miami, writers were still calling Marino the best. Now he is "the best QB to never win a Super Bowl." Crazy.

Such good points and so true about Marino being glorified and Joe treated like just another qb for a while. Marino was pretty good though. But damn haha. It was alllll about Marino back then. And I really think you are right, I do believe it did take two SB wins to get the attention Montana deserved. I love it when BP says, "We'll see".. just means..he is gunna go out there and prove all the doubters and s**t talkers wrong, because he knows he is a great qb. Anyone who doesn't see how talented BP is, just doesn't understand the game I guess.. and what it takes to do what he has been doing. It's phenomenal.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
"And again, I think he's one of the best in the league, and he does it in his own Brock Purdy way. And I've said for over a year, let Brock cook. Give him a play, let him figure it out, and he will figure it out. He's got a special mind that can figure stuff out."

What happened? He became Mr. Efficient," Young stated. "The ball came out, they made the completions, they made the plays. He did everything that you would want a Super Bowl quarterback to do in the key moments. And he's young. It's amazing. There's going to be a movie about him. There's going to have to be a movie about him at some point. And I've interviewed him, and know him, and he's just a fascinating human being.

All The core players are young. Kittle being the oldest at 30. Brock can get better. Defenses jamming and throwing the timing off of the receivers can be anticipated with choice and option routes (as an example) of the offense being able to get even better with a bit better pass protections.

Even the run game can be more dominating with even bigger, stronger and more athletic offensive linemen too. This should be just the beginning of Brock's long and soon to be legendary career.
Originally posted by Giedi:
All The core players are young. Kittle being the oldest at 30. Brock can get better. Defenses jamming and throwing the timing off of the receivers can be anticipated with choice and option routes (as an example) of the offense being able to get even better with a bit better pass protections.

Even the run game can be more dominating with even bigger, stronger and more athletic offensive linemen too. This should be just the beginning of Brock's long and soon to be legendary career.

He can be better in manipulating the pocket and with taking the bigger plays on occasion as well. Still hasn't started 30 games yet so it's not surprising.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
This current situation is similar to the massive disrespect shown towards Montana during his early seasons. He certainly was not the main story leading up to the 1981 NFC Championship Game. The Cowboys and Danny White were. He still didn't garner much attention or respect until he won his second Super Bowl in the process of destroying the Dolphins. Bottom line? It took YEARS for Montana to get the kind of attention he deserved. This is Glock's first starting season from start to finish. He's been dismissed, criticized, minimized and compartmentalized. Fine. Montana loved it. I'm sure Glock probably does too as he commences his "prove it" tour and shuts some holes in the process.

Good post. Accurate about the Montana comparison. Even after beating Marino and Miami, writers were still calling Marino the best. Now he is "the best QB to never win a Super Bowl." Crazy.

Such good points and so true about Marino being glorified and Joe treated like just another qb for a while. Marino was pretty good though. But damn haha. It was alllll about Marino back then. And I really think you are right, I do believe it did take two SB wins to get the attention Montana deserved. I love it when BP says, "We'll see".. just means..he is gunna go out there and prove all the doubters and s**t talkers wrong, because he knows he is a great qb. Anyone who doesn't see how talented BP is, just doesn't understand the game I guess.. and what it takes to do what he has been doing. It's phenomenal.

Agree, I still remember Joe Montan being treated more like Nick Foles after that game vs the legend that he became after winning #4 🏆
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Purdy has to be the version of himself that he was against Dallas and Philadelphia, be accurate and decisive, they are going to bring pressure, bring blitzes and when they do, he's going to have to make them pay for it. As tough as Detroit has been against the run much of the season, the passing game has to be a major plus.

OLine giving him time and a cleaner pocket will help too.
Yeah I think all of the talk is over blown. The nfl is a weekly emotional sport when it comes to peoples perceptions. One week you can be crowned the greatest thing ever and the next you're nothing. Lol

we will be fine and beat the f**kin brakes off the lions. They aren't in the same class as us.

Well it's Brock's fault about the slippery footballs. He should have been training with throwing in his backyard sprinklers those last 3 weeks.

/s

The most important core is CMC, and unfortunately as a RB he can go downhill very quickly.

But at some point we probably have to emphasize more on OL pass protection than weapons. That is generally the way to go. Teams with a true franchise QB tend to let their weapons go (Chiefs on Tyreek, Packers on Adams)
Man o man Steve would be one he'll of a coach for Kyle, if he ever decided to go into in the coaching Gridiron. I know he's set for life with his billions, but man, just hoping maybe someday he'd take a shot at coaching QBs For Kyle.

I am leaning on that probably wouldn't happen but idk..Steve is totally hyped rn about BP and Shanny. It would be awesome! Sign on Steve!! LG!
Share 49ersWebzone